Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What's your real name...?
Steam/Forum Name: slater

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:90030088

Discord ID: slater#0018

Hours Played: 698.5 Hours

When did you first join the TTT Staff Team?: AppliedAugust 26th, 2022 | Accepted: August 31st, 2022

What do you plan to do as a TTT Admin?: 
For the plan as TTT Admin for the server, I plan to continue on the track of what is normally provided within our updates, but add big updates regularly that can range from gun overhauls to fundamentally try to make most guns usuable and well balanced, newer tools/commands for staff to utilize, improve the quality of the server, and introduce new features/gameplay variety or attributes. What I state as "new features/gameplay varieties" is new menus, customization, and possibly small changes to gameplay. Nothing drastic to fundamentally change how TTT plays on the server, but improve on the quality & add new features that allows for others to delve more into newer things. Things that could be improved or implemented are T/D items, mostly Detective items, to allow players to want to play detective more since it is lacking items and also lacks playtime from users. Other implementations or changes that are planned are improve UI features and an updated guide for newer players on how to play TTT. Features such as an updated display window for the TTT Rules and How to play section, UI improvements to RDM Manager, possible improvements for the loading screen and leaderboard/rank displayments, newer ranks, & fixes to current bugs and bugs in the future. 

For the testing side of the server, I plan to test/conduct tests for the plans outlined and future plans with the community to ensure that they work properly, that they are up-to-date, and see the communities overall opinion about the features or improvements made before we apply it to the server. I already test out features as much as I can to ensure they are working properly such as, test how new/current gun gameplay feels, how map/map changes feel, and new features/customization that are already applied in the server. I also want to point that as of currently, I've been working on learning lua in order to be able to help the dev team besides making suggestions and changes. As an Admin, you want to be able to enhance the environment of the server for newer/current players to come and enjoy the server while keeping it fresh and alive for the old/current community members, but also keep a strong dev team to progress through projects and finish updates under a reasonable deadline. I believe that I can provide that enhancement and change to further the TTT side of the community  to keep the gameplay from becoming stale and keep our staff-team up-to-date with new features and improvements. I want to be able to further our communication with Dink to get the gears rolling and hopefully implement these new changes, not only to TTT, but to the other servers as well. 

For what I currently work on and hope to establish more is being able to train newer/current staff members for their promotions or for their first time, deal with community wide issues, and deal with major issues in the server. For training, I hope to aid newer staff into the ranks by showing different scenarios they may encounter and show them rules they may have not known, but also help out promoted staff members with new commands and features to help them feel comfortable with their arsenal and how to use it when needed. Currently, it's semi-lacking in the training part, but there have been staff members to help and aide when needed. For the community wide issues and major issues, I've handled some major issues in and out of the server with staff abuse threads, major issues with ban appeals/requests, and other community issues that have happened in the past 4 months. I hope to keep these issues settled down and not let them get out of control and derail the problem into a community wide issue. Apart of being a TTT Admin is helping to fix these problems and issues, not cause or enhance the issue into a bigger deal. I am very calm-headed into establishing a well thought out discussion and making sure to fix the issues that are presented to be able to understand both sides of the issue or even multiple sides of the issue. You want to hear everyone's thoughts out and I am able to do that. I am confident and comfortable in my position as a Mod and I am comfortable with making the hard decisions that many may disagree with, it's important to have the quality of taking fault, having courage, being able to think for yourself, and have a strong desire to be an admin. I am able to do these currently and I'm confident to purse these aspects as an Admin.

How can you help the community beyond TTT as an Admin?: 
How I can help beyond the current position of a TTT Admin for the community is be able to be a primary leader/discuss community wide issues together with our lovely admin team in the community, be able to provide community events, not just for the TTT side, but for the community side to get the community to participate, advocate, and discuss their opinions and thoughts, include fun events that anyone can participate and have fun with, giveaways for TTT and for outside the server, finish ban requests, appeals, staff applications, and TTT suggestions, utilize the staff zone more for the forums, and improve every aspect of the community, such as, PH, Murder, Deathrun, Forums, and Discord. I want to be able to allow our community to benefit from new changes or projects that we produce from the dev team in order for each admin to apply these changes that they see fit to their server. 

For the leadership/discussion with the Admin team, I hope that we can continue dealing with community wide issues in order to find an effective solution to solve the issues that may come up or be present when they are needed. The admin team are the leaders for the community and as expected, you want to be able to confront them about changes/opinions/thoughts to be able to give them a heads up on what you may be concerned about or what you want changed/added. I am always to be able to hear others out and I already help out others when needed to be able help find a solution to their problems outside the community and the server. 

For community events, I want to bring town hall back as a way to hear out the community and gauge the communities opinions on certain matters that may be brought up, surveys for whatever purpose they may serve for TTT or for the community, more get-together events such as, movies nights, game nights, game tournaments, listen parties, and giveaways that can range just for TTT to outside of the community. 

For forums/discord, I want to be able to finish ban requests, appeals, and applications in a timely manner in order to not keep the open for a long time while also taking in suggestions and implement them for others to test on our test server and gauge whether or not they should be added to the main server. For the staff zone on the forums, I hope to be able to flesh it out more and create more engagement since each staff team hardly utilizes this aspect of the forums and I think it would be beneficial to utilize it more for thoughts and opinions outside of discord. 

What made you decide to apply?: 
I decided to apply in order to benefit the community as a whole. I want to improve not just TTT, but slowly improve every aspect of the community whether that ranges from TTT to our Discord or Forums. I want to be able to create a fun, interesting, and up-to-date community and environment for both current and new players that come into this community. I also had a few community members/staff push me to consider applying for admin. 

Anything else you would like to add?: 
If you have any feedback/criticism, please do post! I will not respond to every post in order to limit the thread piling up in responses. If you have any questions, feel free to dm me on discord or the forums regarding anything to my application or, as stated, leave a comment! :) Heart
+1 ur cool ig
I ain't readin allat Cool

mostly cuz i dont need to 
i have no reason not to give a +1 obviously for slaterino
[Image: Pwm9lAm.jpeg]
I can't take an L, they just don't exist.
queue more yeat
+1 Slater has been extremely helpful to many people and is very active in the game, discord, and forums. I can't think of a reason why he would not be a decent choice for admin.
+1 this is the admin app that I was anticipating the most! I see a lot of my staff self in you and aside from that you are one of the best staff that we've had in awhile. we've talked a good bit about admin stuff so I already know your stance, so good luck! if given the position I know you'll do great.
i think you're definitely one of the forerunners for an admin position (after chibill ofc), but i'm still not necessarily sure i'm comfortable with you in that positiond. this post is not constructive in any form i just wanted to share how i felt
Cactus is still adamant about my name being Mitch
[Image: image.png]
Also stop posting so fast my meme was broken cause of it.
+1 he a Top G
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(03-03-2023, 01:17 AM)voidzz Wrote: i think you're definitely one of the forerunners for an admin position (after chibill ofc), but i'm still not necessarily sure i'm comfortable with you in that positiond. this post is not constructive in any form i just wanted to share how i felt
That's definitely a fair criticism/comment. I'm glad you shared! i hope to display to you and show you or progress to furthering myself into that position to make you feel confident and comfortable. Thank you for the post voidzz!  :D Heart
(03-03-2023, 01:20 AM)Mana Wrote: Cactus is still adamant about my name being Mitch
Your name isn't mitch?

+1 to the big slater man. I haven't been back for too long, but he has really stood out to me so far. Exceptional mod and if given the chance as an admin, I don't doubt he'll do great things for the TTT server and the community.
[Image: WYrY1SK.png]
Dinkleberg, you shouldnt need to read this far down to decide. +1 Slater for Admin. What a hunk.