Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
as admin, i pledge to !ungag otis
(11-08-2023, 11:59 AM)reina Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 02:19 AM)bab Wrote: I definitely agree that three admins is the ideal amount, a tiebreaker in situations is absolutely needed

I'm not a huge fan of this way of thinking, because I don't think there should be any administrative decisions that result in them "technically" coming to an agreement because it's 2 v 1. With two admins, the decision making process is— admin 1 makes a suggestion and admin 2 agrees or disagrees, then admin 1 either goes with admin 2's decision or they discuss it until they can agree on a course of action. It'd be inaccurate to assume that an admin can have an idea shot down purely because they're outnumbered, because you would ideally be using the same process with any number of admins.
to me it's less about outnumbering and more just adding a 3rd perspective to make it easier to settle on an agreement, and i agree that ideally it shouldn't have to come down to just numbers, but i think there are those times when people just can't agree on something and the fairest course of action would be to bring it to a vote, especially if the decision involves some form of status quo in which not reaching an agreement would mean one side getting their way by default
editing to clarify that i still don't think a decision should be able to be forced just by numbers, taking it to a vote should be a mutual agreement between everyone involved unless it's something truly urgent
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
I've played on this server for a relatively short time compared to most, but I have met a decent amount of the TTT staff to my knowledge and in my time, I do know one thing about Tiefling, she means business. Everytime I've hopped on, Tiefling is performing her duty quickly, aptly, and effectively to my knowledge. I believe she is an amazing moderator and a good supportive foundation for the server. I agree with what Lacer and slater mention as well in that it is extremely obvious that Tiefling is the best candidate to be the next admin (especially if the learning of the technical server-side management is upheld). This being said however, I agree with what Reina says, it does seem a bit proactive to have more than two admins at the same time as if there needs to be a third voice, it could go up or down the chain of command if needed. There doesn't seem to be a necessary need for another admin, however I can say that the slight delays in applications and appeals should be improved, but alas life does get in the way and it does give valuable time to the admin team to figure out what needs to be done.

Tiefling is awesome and I hope one day I can see her as admin but for now I am a +0 because I think it isn't necessary in the moment.

Best of luck, stay dope as hell!
you smell like wet diapers, probably
[Image: iKARFc2.png]
This makes me think of all those times your trusted applications were denied.... good times

Haven't been very active on the server in a while, but from my time staffing with you and seeing how you handle yourself in Discord and the larger community, I think you're a really solid candidate. You're knowledgeable and insightful when it comes to enforcing and discussing the rules, diligent about bringing attention to shortcomings you notice (with rules, protocols, etc.), and clearly care about maintaining the community.

Personally I think your responses to the questions are perfectly reasonable and concise. Don't think you should have to write a whole manifesto with your greater plans for Making Dinks Great Again. Your past actions as staff speak for themselves, and you provided a few clear areas for improvement that you'd like to take on. That in addition to the fact that some Admin work is just kinda bureaucratic (handling appeals, staff apps, all that fun stuff), which I'm confident you'd have no problem taking on.

As far as the learning curve for the technical side, I'm sure Chibill can help out quite a bit, and I'm happy as well to lend a hand with the non-Adminy stuff.

All in all I'm a solid +1. Looking forward to seeing responses to any follow-up questions, but I think you'd be a great fit.

Also when you're Admin don't forget that I moved the shoutbox for you
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(11-08-2023, 12:28 PM)Ryan722 Wrote: Also when you're Admin don't forget that I moved the shoutbox for you
it still has the giant space for me..........
also when's your admin application
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(11-08-2023, 12:31 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: it still has the giant space for me..........
also when's your admin application

Ah right I only did it on the cool theme...  Sick

I've nearly reached the inactivity threshold for mine, keep an eye out
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(11-08-2023, 11:59 AM)reina Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 02:19 AM)bab Wrote: I definitely agree that three admins is the ideal amount. A tiebreaker in situations is absolutely needed

I'm not a huge fan of this way of thinking, because I don't think there should be any administrative decisions that result in them "technically" coming to an agreement because it's 2 v 1. With two admins, the decision making process is— admin 1 makes a suggestion and admin 2 agrees or disagrees, then admin 1 either goes with admin 2's decision or they discuss it until they can agree on a course of action. It'd be inaccurate to assume that an admin can have an idea shot down purely because they're outnumbered, because you would ideally be using the same process with any number of admins.

I may not have worded that right, my apologies. I also meant it as a third opinion to help come to a decision in times where they can't come to a unanimous agreement and just in general would be nice 

I absolutely disagree with it becoming a 2v1 situation by just tossing the other's idea/opinions out the window due to being outnumbered and hope that it doesn't come to that. 

I believe that regardless of the third opinion, the other's thoughts should be looked at and discussed until all three of them can come to that agreement between each other, should Tiefling be promoted. It should absolutely be working with each other, not against in any situation. 

I trust that it would stay the way it is now. I don't feel that adding another admin would steer it in a bad direction at all, and instead, I believe that it would aid in bettering the server and the decisions being made to do so.
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333
How far you have come my child, +1
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I'm going to have to -1. Due to prior behavioral issues, I just don't feel comfortable with you currently getting Admin. I think a little bit more experience would be perfect. 

I also prefer my admins to have a mic.

good luck my friend!
(11-08-2023, 04:13 PM)Icey Wrote: I'm going to have to -1. I think you are a decent moderator but that isn't enough to justify getting admin. You don't do a whole lot on the balancing or updates side of things (as far as I'm aware). I just don't see what you would be able to do as Admin that you can't do as Mod.

I also prefer my admins to have a mic.

good luck my friend!

This reply isn’t really to give my opinion or anything, but I would love to understand something.

What do you mean when you say tiefling isn’t doing a lot on the balancing or update sides of things? What can be accomplished from the position of Moderator? What is the deal with saying “you can do all this as Mod, so you don’t need Admin”? Tiefling has already made excellent replies to the people who have voiced their concerns with things that can actually be replied to, but this post just isn’t one of them (in my opinion).

On a side note, but also still relevant to this. I have seen tiefling bring up plenty of things more than any other Moderator in the staff discord, so saying she isn’t doing a whole lot makes absolutely no sense to me.

With the mic comment, I’m sure you’re joking but it hasn’t been an issue for tiefling as she’s managed to climb the ranks without using one and it just simply won’t be an issue with her potential for Admin in the future.

Good luck with your application tiefling. I’m hoping to have an opinion when more people have responded.
(11-08-2023, 04:46 PM)☁ Pluto Wrote: This reply isn’t really to give my opinion or anything, but I would love to understand something.

What do you mean when you say tiefling isn’t doing a lot on the balancing or update sides of things? What can be accomplished from the position of Moderator? What is the deal with saying “you can do all this as Mod, so you don’t need Admin”? Tiefling has already made excellent replies to the people who have voiced their concerns with things that can actually be replied to, but this post just isn’t one of them (in my opinion).

On a side note, but also still relevant to this. I have seen tiefling bring up plenty of things more than any other Moderator in the staff discord, so saying she isn’t doing a whole lot makes absolutely no sense to me.

With the mic comment, I’m sure you’re joking but it hasn’t been an issue for tiefling as she’s managed to climb the ranks without using one and it just simply won’t be an issue with her potential for Admin in the future.

Good luck with your application tiefling. I’m hoping to have an opinion when more people have responded.
There have been countless members of staff that work with admins on the test server to implement new updates / changes. I think this is a highly sought after skill as it goes hand in hand with some of the responsibilities of admin. I also said that she doesn't do a whole lot when it comes to helping implement those changes. I never said she doesn't do much as a moderator. I just think it takes more than being a good mod to want to be admin. As for the mic thing, I'm definitely not joking. I prefer if my admins would have a mic.