Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
as admin, i pledge to !ungag otis
Steam/Forum Name: tiefling lesbian

Discord ID: tieflinglesbian

Hours Played: 600 hours

When did you first join the TTT Staff Team?: 02-05-2023

What do you plan to do as a TTT Admin?: First and foremost, be present and active. This isn't a slight against the current admins as they're understandably busy with life, but it's apparent that there's a shortage of admin availability. As one of the most active moderators currently on the team, I'm able to keep up with community management and outreach, and I feel I've gained enough experience and insight to confidently contribute to important decision making and community matters. I've always strived to be fair, unbiased, thorough, and judicious in my staffing, and I plan to extend that mindset to its utmost as admin. Furthermore, I believe that three admins is the ideal amount: a third admin can act as a tiebreaker if there's a stalemate in decision making or fill in if one of the other admins is absent, but it's still few enough to not get bogged down by excessive debate or overmanagement. 

As for more active goals, I've felt for a while now that the rules and staff guidelines need a bit of an update to be more clear and intuitive, and to clean up some outdated information. I'd like to work with the other admins to improve them to be more useful to both players and staff. Beyond that, I admit that I don't have much experience with the technical side of server management, but I'm willing to learn as needed. I had plans to test out some weapon balance changes a while back that I haven't gotten around to, and while I can technically proceed with doing so now, I would be able to work on them more efficiently and extensively as admin, while requiring less time of other admins. I would also be able to help test and push quality of life plugins that have been suggested and viewed favorably.

How can you help the community beyond TTT as an Admin?: While I don't actively engage with the other gamemodes, I have a decent rapport with staff from those servers, and as moderator in the discord I'm already accustomed to working with the wider community.

What made you decide to apply?: While I understand that the admins are busy, it can be frustrating to hear so little from them at times, or see staff applications and ban appeals go weeks or months without a response. I'd like to reinforce the admin team so the community can get more active responses and engagement when an extra voice is needed. However, I don't want this to be interpreted as hastiness or wanting to rush things. I plan on always giving matters the thought and attention they require, I simply want to increase the amount of thought and attention that's available. I'm aware that dinkleberg will still be a bottleneck in certain things, but I can at least help on our end.

Anything else you would like to add?: mmm soup
also for the record i wrote this before the recent promotions that just went out but i still stand by what i said
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
+1. mmm souuup.

I definitely agree that three admins is the ideal amount, a tiebreaker in situations is absolutely needed, and having another admin on the team would be helpful in points of inactivity/unavailability from the other two.

I truly believe that Tiefling is the best candidate for that third slot -

She is incredibly active and excellent at what she does. She's well known in the community, has been an incredible help in both the TTT and discord servers from everything I've seen during my time in the community, and I have absolutely no doubts that she'd do an amazing job with more power and responsibilities. I trust her judgement when it comes to decision-making and coming up with new ways to better the server, and believe that she can easily handle the promotion.

The only actual complaints I've seen made about Tiefling can be pretty much summed up as people being upset about being punished in accordance to the guidelines of the server (which yes, there are set punishments for different scenarios!). She is a fair and unbiased staff member and does not hesitate to punish people breaking the rules no matter who they are.

Also, I think that the technical server management isn't that big of an issue, as she is already willing to put in the effort to learning about it and gaining experience with it. It'll come to her with time and the opportunity to actually experiment with it.

-

but most importantly, a question for you tief... what is your stance on permanently banning both panda and toxicvoid??? a league player and someone who doesn't shower on the staff team?? the server needs a cleanse... can you save us with a promotion???? please....
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333
(11-08-2023, 02:19 AM)bab Wrote: but most importantly, a question for you tief... what is your stance on permanently banning both panda and toxicvoid??? a league player and someone who doesn't shower on the staff team?? the server needs a cleanse... can you save us with a promotion???? please....
+1 for banning all league players on sight
-1 onion wing

To make this not a shitpost: I think you're one of the only good candidates for mod right now (partly because you're one of the only active mods, mostly because you're a great moderator). Stick at what you're doing and take the criticism you get on this app and if there's people tryin to shit on you like some players do ingame, roll with the punches. plus juan but -2 since she won't buy me wonderlands.
-1 said will remove weapons
[Image: crimson.gif]

Carson sweats too much.

[Image: 1V8jMf6.png]
(11-08-2023, 02:28 AM)Brahma Wrote: -1 said will remove weapons
all weapons will be replaced with props yes
(11-08-2023, 01:21 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: First and foremost, be present and active. This isn't a slight against the current admins as they're understandably busy with life, but it's apparent that there's a shortage of admin availability. As one of the most active moderators currently on the team, I'm able to keep up with community management and outreach, and I feel I've gained enough experience and insight to confidently contribute to important decision making and community matters. I've always strived to be fair, unbiased, thorough, and judicious in my staffing, and I plan to extend that mindset to its utmost as admin. Furthermore, I believe that three admins is the ideal amount: a third admin can act as a tiebreaker if there's a stalemate in decision making or fill in if one of the other admins is absent, but it's still few enough to not get bogged down by excessive debate or overmanagement. 

Imo, I feel that applying for admin for one of the reasons of being a "active" admin wouldn't really benefit in a way considering that having just an "active" or "third" admin to fill in the position of responses or tiebreakers wouldn't really provide a whole lot to help the server specifically or the wider community. While it is good to be able to have a third admin for those specific reasons, it seems like one of the main points you had applied was to fill that gap in and give responses, which is something you can already do as a mod by giving responses for bans, appeals, and staff threads by giving important input into decision making as you stated or community issues/matters. 

Beyond that, I admit that I don't have much experience with the technical side of server management, but I'm willing to learn as needed. I had plans to test out some weapon balance changes a while back that I haven't gotten around to, and while I can technically proceed with doing so now, I would be able to work on them more efficiently and extensively as admin, while requiring less time of other admins. I would also be able to help test and push quality of life plugins that have been suggested and viewed favorably.

The other main thing I wanted to point out is the ability to "test" or "work" on plugins or weapon changes/balances. I do believe you wouldn't really need to work on them "efficiently" or "extensively" based on previous staff members who were part of the development team that were able to test out these plugins/weapon changes. Another thing I believe that you can already do as mod as you stated, which wouldnt really need admin perms to test unless to specifically implement them. What "specifically" would you be able to do with the admin perms in question to do what you want that you can't do already as mod? 

I do think you are a good candidate and you are on the right track, but I believe that you can already do some of these things without admin perms to enhance the server/community to push these plugins/changes and quality of life updates in your current position as a moderator. I would love to hear a response back! 
(11-08-2023, 03:50 AM)slater Wrote: While it is good to be able to have a third admin for those specific reasons, it seems like one of the main points you had applied was to fill that gap in and give responses, which is something you can already do as a mod by giving responses for bans, appeals, and staff threads by giving important input into decision making as you stated or community issues/matters.
That's all well and good, but at the end of the day admins have to read through all of the threads and feedback and come to a final decision amongst themselves, which can take some time when there's a lot of threads with a lot of feedback. My goal is to be able to keep more active tabs on these discussions from an admin level and help come to that final decision a bit faster, whether it's by helping settle stalemates, filling in as a 2nd opinion when another admin is unavailable, or taking lead on matters that need some spare attention.

(11-08-2023, 03:50 AM)slater Wrote: The other main thing I wanted to point out is the ability to "test" or "work" on plugins or weapon changes/balances. I do believe you wouldn't really need to work on them "efficiently" or "extensively" based on previous staff members who were part of the development team that were able to test out these plugins/weapon changes. Another thing I believe that you can already do as mod as you stated, which wouldnt really need admin perms to test unless to specifically implement them. What "specifically" would you be able to do with the admin perms in question to do what you want that you can't do already as mod? 
Bryan used to be much more active in working with those staff to upload things to the test server and host testing parties, which is a role I could fill as admin with a bit of learning now that he's less than active. While yes I can try pestering Chibill to set everything up or wrangling Bryan to get on, that slows the whole process down and takes away free time they could be using for other things.
(11-08-2023, 02:19 AM)bab Wrote: I definitely agree that three admins is the ideal amount, a tiebreaker in situations is absolutely needed

I'm not a huge fan of this way of thinking, because I don't think there should be any administrative decisions that result in them "technically" coming to an agreement because it's 2 v 1. With two admins, the decision making process is— admin 1 makes a suggestion and admin 2 agrees or disagrees, then admin 1 either goes with admin 2's decision or they discuss it until they can agree on a course of action. It'd be inaccurate to assume that an admin can have an idea shot down purely because they're outnumbered, because you would ideally be using the same process with any number of admins.
I have no feelings one way or the other on this app, however I will say you currently are the best candidate for the position, imo.

One thing I want to say though, despite it being a one-off instance, is just remember to be 100% sure of something before punishing for it. I'm referring to grasse's ban where cheating was added onto the ban reason despite it still being up in the air and very shallow evidence being provided later on that resulted in that particular reason being removed.

Yes, his ban was justified anyways, but the point is something that wasn't fully decided on was added to the (long) list of reasons. Just something to keep in mind going forward.

Good luck on your app, loser!