Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
as admin, i pledge to !ungag otis
Dear god no, no please, plez no

[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
Tiefling, I briefly mentioned this in your tmod app, but I used to find you incredibly annoying in discord. But now I think you are chill and cool to interact with

This is all I have to say for now
(11-16-2023, 06:26 PM)Gabe Wrote: Tiefling, I briefly mentioned this in your tmod app, but I used to find you incredibly annoying in discord. But now I think you are incredibly annoying.

This is all I have to say for now
fixed
the user above me will explode in 12 minutes
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(11-16-2023, 07:07 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: the user above me will explode in 12 minutes
Nuh uh
I will add this to the conversation, there are two appeals i bumped that had no activity since then month of October. I used to harp on poor @Nicol Bolas about this (may he rest in peace), as I hold a belief that almost all major/perma bans and most staff apps ought to be confirmed within a week of posting.an appeal/application. While we aren't the US justice system, we ought to give speedier service to those whom are actually wronged by staff and/or are deserving of a second chance. Seeing someone else hold this view and offer their services to resolve this issue is refreshing.

I just want to point out that tiefling has identified a major issue in server administration, but is offering a resolution to the issue. Even if you keep her a mod, you could make her a helper to give authority over minor ban requests/warns to ensure those are handled prior to expiration.

I'm not trying to rush this along - admin apps rightfully take weeks to months to confirm, and this should not be accepted prior to an acceptance my- but I once again (with the limited information I care to look up) emphasize that granting at least extended mod authority would solve a direct problem the server currently has. I've seen mod committees work well in years past for handling unbans too, if that would help fix this issue.

Sorry to harp on a systemic issue in a staff app, but I feel this systemic issue can be directly resolved by this application.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Jammin said it so beautifully, In my opinion instead of becoming admin she should be given extended mod powers to help with everything she wants to and has stated she wants to do, also should start trying to learn lua and everything else that's important to know from chibill and bryan to then apply it to further your goals of becoming an admin!

+1 For extended mod privileges
Looking at the rules and warn system some more and finding more areas that could use improvement, and this is something I was already sort of planning regardless, but whether this gets accepted or not I'm going to be writing up a revision to the current guidelines and point values to pass along to the admins, though I maintain that I will be able to be much more involved as an admin and handle a lot of the busywork myself.

A few examples of things I'd like to improve:
• There's a section in the staff guidelines that straight up never got finished.
• The staff guidelines say the warning for revenge rdm is targeting, which is an 8 point warn. Many of us have agreed that this should be its own lower warn.
• The MOTD contains outdated rules that are no longer enforced, such as grapple hook exploiting.
• The MOTD also contains rules that are not consistent with the rules as they are detailed in the staff guidelines, which can be confusing for both players and staff.
• I and several others have agreed that some of the more severe warns should have higher point values, such as harassment and pedophilic comments. While staff may use discretion to issue stricter punishments outside of the warn system for these offenses, it would be useful to codify higher point values to better reflect the severity and lessen the ambiguity of proper protocol for staff.
Also while I'm here, I'd like to respectfully raise a counterpoint to something that's been brought up a few times, which is the assertion that we don't need another admin. I find this debatable to begin with, but even so, I don't see it as much of a reason not to have another admin. While overmanagement can sometimes be a potential issue, I don't believe that will be the case with me being added to the current team. We don't need more staff in general, but we still accept new applications because it's beneficial to the server to have more people available to take on staffing responsibilities. Sure, the admin role isn't exactly the same as other staff positions, but I think the logic still applies. Chibill and Bryan can perform the management role that I'd like to fill, but we've seen that unavailability has resulted in that being a longer process than it could be, and certain things being unintentionally missed or forgotten. Performing that role by themselves also takes away available free time from the development side of their admin responsibilities, and by handling much of that management role I could be indirectly contributing to development by reducing their workload (in addition to the smaller ways that I can contribute directly and learning more over time).
You had me at !ungag Otis +1