Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
as admin, i pledge to !ungag otis
(12-07-2023, 07:15 PM)Icey Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 07:03 PM)chibill Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 04:13 PM)Icey Wrote: I'm going to have to -1. Due to prior behavioral issues, I just don't feel comfortable with you currently getting Admin. I think a little bit more experience would be perfect. 

I also prefer my admins to have a mic.

good luck my friend!

Since you edited your post, to change it from being about not having done anything with server development to this. Would you care to elaborate on theses "prior behavioral issues" that make you not feel comfortable with Tiefling getting Admin??
Mostly the fact that she was denied trusted 3 times. I think trusted is a pretty easy rank to get, so to be denied 3 times does state something. She used to be a big instigator if I recall correctly, and I still think that she argues with players as staff too much. I don't think she is a bad moderator by any means, but I just don't feel comfortable with her as admin just yet.
I think, to tieflings credit, she was definitely harassed and instigated against much more than you're giving credit for. especially towards the beginning there was tons of adversity thrown her way and to come from that and go all the way to mod is to have come a very long way. I think it's just important to mention this because while being a girl doesn't mean you should be auto promoted for diversity sake, she DID get much worse treatment because of it and a lot of the main guys on the staff team wouldn't understand that it's a much higher wall to climb if you're not a guy.

Again, not saying this to discredit you or your opinions but I just wanted to mention that since it was brought up.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(12-08-2023, 03:27 PM)Foxka Wrote: I think, to tieflings credit, she was definitely harassed and instigated against much more than you're giving credit for. especially towards the beginning there was tons of adversity thrown her way and to come from that and go all the way to mod is to have come a very long way. I think it's just important to mention this because while being a girl doesn't mean you should be auto promoted for diversity sake, she DID get much worse treatment because of it and a lot of the main guys on the staff team wouldn't understand that it's a much higher wall to climb if you're not a guy.

Again, not saying this to discredit you or your opinions but I just wanted to mention that since it was brought up.
I get where you’re coming from. Something I would also like to add is, this is kind of a two-way street, generally speaking. While some of the negativity from other players may come off as harassment, you also have to walk in the shoes of people who weren't as fortunate to be on the good side of Tief. I am not posting this to say that being nice to everybody on the planet should be a disqualifier, but some players no matter what they do/say will get -1 bombed on any forum post no matter what it is and have someone breathing down their neck when it comes to finding reasons to get mad at them.

[Image: UPAFC78.png]
[Image: IqLWlVF.png]
I would also like to add that my personality never became an issue or changed, this all suspiciously started right after I voiced my disagreement of her having staff because of past interactions. If shit hits the fan for a player just because they don't necessary like somebody or protest a transgression, that is a huge red flag.
(12-12-2023, 05:43 PM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: some players no matter what they do/say will get -1 bombed on any forum post no matter what it is and have someone breathing down their neck when it comes to finding reasons to get mad at them.

[Image: UPAFC78.png]
Anyone can photoshop every instance of a -1 in a 5 month span together to make it look like "-1 bombing". Though props for aligning it better than me.

(12-12-2023, 05:43 PM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: [Image: IqLWlVF.png]
This warn was given after asking for another discord staff member's opinion, who agreed that it was disturbing. Other users have also been warned for videos of similar nature.

(12-12-2023, 05:43 PM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: I would also like to add that my personality never became an issue or changed, this all suspiciously started right after I voiced my disagreement of her having staff because of past interactions. If shit hits the fan for a player just because they don't necessary like somebody or protest a transgression, that is a huge red flag.
This is verifiably untrue. Most of your warns occurred before I had even made my application. Nothing "started", you simply get warned when you break the rules.

Criticism is fine, -1ing is fine, disagreeing is fine, but this is once again just straight up misinformation.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(12-12-2023, 08:22 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: Anyone can photoshop every instance of a -1 in a 5 month span together to make it look like "-1 bombing". Though props for aligning it better than me.

Sixteen -1s and absolutely no +1s definitely comes off as giving -1s to someone because you dislike them, rather than their posts.
Even someone with bad takes is eventually gonna say something you agree with.

I've held off posting on this for quite a while now, but I guess I'm throwing myself into it now. Others have pointed out that Tiefling has had problems with her behavior on the server in the past, namely being an instigator. While she has mostly changed in this regard, it seems she has decided to take it in the other extreme, and now tries to shut down any kind of topic or discussion happening on the server that she dislikes. Compared to the majority of staff who tend only to step in when something is obviously taken too far and a majority of players are becoming uncomfortable, Tiefling does not bother reading the room before she starts intervening.
In regards to another concern that was raised, Tiefling definitely lets bias show through when she staffs. Some players will be punished for behavior that she will let slide from others. I prefer staff members that can remain impartial, especially if they are seeking a position as an Admin. The responsibility that comes with that role is one that demands you can put aside your personal feelings for the good of the server and its players as a whole.

All in all, I don't actually think we need another Admin at all. If we were to get another one, I don't think this is a candidate I would want to see in that position, so I am firmly sitting at a -1 on this application.
(12-12-2023, 05:43 PM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: [Image: IqLWlVF.png]

as the person who wrote the rule, i can confirm for you that the punishment tiefling gave you was valid.

also, it appears you're using a modified client based on your screenshot. unfortunately, that is against tos.
An easy plus one +1. I only started playing on Dinklebergs this year, and for several months I often felt like Tiefling was the Only reliable staff member. There are many who are inactive, play favorites, or break rules the second they're the only staff on. While I'm proud to say the staff has certainly improved since I started playing, there is always room to improve even more. I believe it is Incredibly worth mentioning that Tiefling is one of the few members of dinks who is openly and unashamedly queer, and she catches a lot of unnecessary flak for that. If I had to face the the same levels of harassment she does on a day to day basis I would've left this community in a matter of days. I highly doubt i'm the only newer / queer player who feels this way. 

On the matter of microphone, the primary reason I believe members would ask for her to have a mic is because they Want to argue in VC. The idea that a mic is required to moderate is just silly. The warning system is not audio based. the report system has an alert but is not audio based. as far as I know, no staff only resources are audio based. Besides all of that, Tiefling actively moderates more than 90% of staff who do have mics, so skill issues abound. 

Bryan I have hardly seen, no disrespect. Chibill is wonderful but simply cannot continue to work alone. God forbid he also gets burnt out or tired and begins to be inactive. I fear the ttt server at large would die entirely if that were to happen. We need an another admin without argument. Personally I would love to see as many as 5 admins, for the purposes of active high level moderation And server development.
<3 :3
(12-12-2023, 09:14 PM)Kaiwan Wrote: Compared to the majority of staff who tend only to step in when something is obviously taken too far and a majority of players are becoming uncomfortable,

While I disagree with other parts of your post, those are your opinions and that's fine, but this line in particular is something I feel is important to address.

The matter of discomfort is not majority rule. The majority of the server doesn't need to be uncomfortable with something for staff to intervene, even one person being uncomfortable is valid reason to move on from a subject. This obviously requires a level of staff discretion to determine whether someone is acting in good faith, but in general all players should be allowed to enjoy the server without having to listen to things that make them uncomfortable (and in a game that heavily involves communication, muting half the server isn't a viable solution). Staff aren't trying to ruin your fun when they tell you to move on from a conversation or stop doing something, they're telling you that your version of fun is unfairly costing others on the server theirs.

And just to make this clear, for everyone and in general, staff are players too and have just as much right as any other player to be uncomfortable or annoyed by something.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
as the person who wrote the rule, i can confirm for you that the punishment tiefling gave you was valid.
[/quote]
Damn
Jammin just tossed out the door with the garbage

Also the "-1 bomb" is extended over like half a year. IMO this is a bit reaching.
I'm not sure if tiefling is the best choice for admin, but find legitimate reasons why she shouldn't be, such as evidence of poor temperament, attitude, or over/under staffing. Not for irrelevant issues like having no mic or her occasionally telling you your shitty opinion is shitty

@Gabe Fix the forum quotes raaaaaaaaa
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(12-15-2023, 10:46 PM)Jammin Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 09:53 PM)reina Wrote: as the person who wrote the rule, i can confirm for you that the punishment tiefling gave you was valid.
Damn

Also the "-1 bomb" is extended over like half a year. IMO this is a bit reaching.
I'm not sure if tiefling is the best choice for admin, but find legitimate reasons why she shouldn't be, such as evidence of poor temperament, attitude, or over/under staffing. Not for irrelevant issues like having no mic or her occasionally telling you your shitty opinion is shitty

@Gabe Fix the forum quotes raaaaaaaaa
fixed, u just suck, learn html loser >:)
(12-15-2023, 10:46 PM)Jammin Wrote: Damn

sorery, it really needed the update...