Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
as admin, i pledge to !ungag otis
(12-16-2023, 03:50 AM)reina Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 10:46 PM)Jammin Wrote: Damn
Jammin just tossed out the door with the garbage

sorery, it really needed the update...
Me when I am responding to a reply of a reply of a reply of a reply of a reply of a reply of a reply of a messae:
erm i didnt consent to this :///////////////

[Image: image.png?ex=6591577d&is=657ee27d&hm=339...1e869ae0f&]
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(12-17-2023, 06:59 AM)the little cummer boy Wrote: erm i didnt consent to this :///////////////

[Image: image.png?ex=6591577d&is=657ee27d&hm=339...1e869ae0f&]
you actually told me to kick you. it's weird that you don't remember.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(11-17-2023, 11:04 AM)Jammin Wrote: -yap-

I used to harp

-yap-

Sorry to harp

-yap-
Damn jamming didn’t know you were so musically talented  Smile
[Image: Pwm9lAm.jpeg]
I can't take an L, they just don't exist.
queue more yeat
how do you work this thing?

I've only been playing on the server for the past couple of months and I'd like to say I've put in a good number of hours, enough to get a sense for how staff interacts with players. Tiefling has been the most present by far and I don't have any complaints for their performance as a mod. Maybe I'm not qualified enough or haven't logged enough hours, but I'd like to say +1. I've only been around a little bit, but I've really enjoyed my time on the server, and I think promoting staff who spend time and have a commitment to enforcing the rules can only be a step in the right direction. That's also to say I don't really know how community votes work and if there is a system to all this !
Late on responding to this at all, but +0. I’m not opposed if she gets it, I think she’d be able to be a good community-facing admin being overall active on discord and server. I also don’t think the fact she -1ed some posts should be put in consideration because forum rep is in 99% of times a meaningless metric (it’s just an indicator if someone has takes the community overall hates if someone has negative rep.

The thing that actually would concern me is levelheadedness. It’s improved considerably since last year, but I don’t have total confidence in that to the point of full admin would be the best idea yet. I’ve also only been alive on forums/discord as well so my judgments are based off that, but the community ambassadorship is a big thing.

Best of luck
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(11-08-2023, 08:54 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 03:50 AM)slater Wrote: -snip-
That's all well and good, but at the end of the day admins have to read through all of the threads and feedback and come to a final decision amongst themselves, which can take some time when there's a lot of threads with a lot of feedback. My goal is to be able to keep more active tabs on these discussions from an admin level and help come to that final decision a bit faster, whether it's by helping settle stalemates, filling in as a 2nd opinion when another admin is unavailable, or taking lead on matters that need some spare attention.

(11-08-2023, 03:50 AM)slater Wrote: -snip-
Bryan used to be much more active in working with those staff to upload things to the test server and host testing parties, which is a role I could fill as admin with a bit of learning now that he's less than active. While yes I can try pestering Chibill to set everything up or wrangling Bryan to get on, that slows the whole process down and takes away free time they could be using for other things.
I was too fucking lazy to reply cause I honestly forgot about your replies. Anyways, I think it's good to be able to have another admin. IMO I think it'd be nice to have plenty of admins for the running with what they can bring to the table, but I personally don't see how being a community manager admin would be able beneficial to coming to decisions faster considering you would have to run it through with the other admins and still wait for their decisions. Like dong had stated, you wouldn't be able to get these decisions done faster with being an "active admin" if you still have another or two inactive which is a good counterpoint. I do think that including a 2nd opinion and helping settle stalemates would be beneficial. Besides that, taking lead, ehh I wouldn't really see how being "active" would help benefit on taking a lead of a app, ban request, or unban would help since you would want to work as a admin team together on coming together as a major decision for an app or possibly look at the urgent ban's/unbans that are more urgent than others together to get different perspectives and opinions. 

The other point was needing Chibill or Bryan to get on to setup everything. I believe that you could do this on your own without needing the help of them, granted you would need to learn how to do it, but Chibill already does testing on his private server that he has mentioned to test new stuff for the server. It's only a matter of trying to be able to learn and figure out how to test it. I believe you can do this already as a Mod, given that Chibill has done this even before applying for Admin. It would be serviceable considering you wouldn't need other admins to help setup anything or be able to test stuff if you were to have your own private testing server.

It's not to say that having another admin would be beneficial cause it certainly would be no doubt. Hell, even having 6 admins would be fucking nice. How I see it is taking a community manager role for admin to be able to come to conclusions faster wouldn't result in anything, taking into the factors of having the other admins make a vote for these discussions. I do believe you are a good choice, maybe not right now for admin with other concerns of being impartial to other individuals. (but what can I say since I've been very active for so little time now) From my perspective, I believe that granting you admin for these specifically wouldn't achieve much. I'm not gonna give a 0+ cause that's fucking useless and doesn't add anything useful. -1 for me, but I am inclined to support you in the future if it get's declined. If it does get accepted, I would like to see more for the development side of the server considering that the TTT server is also a important thing to manage and I would like to see more changes come instead of the casual skins for holidays/events and map rotations. Good luck mod abuser!
(01-08-2024, 01:49 AM)slater Wrote: I wouldn't really see how being "active" would help benefit on taking a lead of a app, ban request, or unban would help since you would want to work as a admin team together on coming together as a major decision for an app or possibly look at the urgent ban's/unbans that are more urgent than others together to get different perspectives and opinions.
[...]
How I see it is taking a community manager role for admin to be able to come to conclusions faster wouldn't result in anything, taking into the factors of having the other admins make a vote for these discussions.
It's much easier/more efficient to have someone dedicated to taking initiative on matters and gathering input from the others than have people separately picking things up when they're able in between doing other things.

(01-08-2024, 01:49 AM)slater Wrote: The other point was needing Chibill or Bryan to get on to setup everything. I believe that you could do this on your own without needing the help of them, granted you would need to learn how to do it, but Chibill already does testing on his private server that he has mentioned to test new stuff for the server. It's only a matter of trying to be able to learn and figure out how to test it. I believe you can do this already as a Mod, given that Chibill has done this even before applying for Admin. It would be serviceable considering you wouldn't need other admins to help setup anything or be able to test stuff if you were to have your own private testing server.
I have gotten somewhat more involved in the development side of things since making this application, and fortunately chibill/bryan (I forget which) found a useful addon that lets me test some weapon changes directly on the test server.

However, I find the conversation surrounding the development aspect to be somewhat frustrating, as there seem to be two contradictory sentiments being presented simultaneously. On one hand, development is being treated as the primary and most important role of admins (which I disagree with), and you have to be a developer to be an admin. On the other hand, development can be done without being admin, and thus interest in development is not a credit toward becoming admin. It sort of feels like either position will be arbitrarily held against me regardless of what I do.

If you don't need to be an admin to be a developer, and community management is not a valuable role in administration, then why do we need admins at all?

(01-08-2024, 01:49 AM)slater Wrote: with other concerns of being impartial to other individuals. (but what can I say since I've been very active for so little time now)
I'd like to address this directly for once because I feel like I should be able to defend myself, and I want to preface by saying this is more of a general response than directed at you personally.

I'm not really sure where this notion comes from. I have openly warned and banned players that I like, and I've shown lenience, restraint, and patience toward players I do not particularly like or that do not particularly like me, even when other staff have agreed that I would have been in the right to warn them for their behavior or commented that they would have been harsher, and even when those players have directly harassed me. On more than one occasion, I have defended such players against other players and staff members, where a truly biased staff could have easily remained silent.

In no way do I expect any sort of gratitude or to instantly change the minds of anyone who may not like me, but it's frustrating to be accused of bias based on the word of less than impartial sources and secondhand gossip, in spite of what I feel is clear effort toward the opposite. All I ask is that people form their own opinions based on firsthand experiences with me, and to back up any accusations with some sort of supporting evidence.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
nobody's ever gonna be 100% impartial but people r throwing around the word bias with 0 evidence + a clear lack of understanding of the word, please stop being stupid
This pretty much just reiterating and adding onto my comments I made on your first staff app.

You've always known when to be silly and when to cut the shit, and since then you've demonstrated an ability to remain serious when everyone else is just shitposting nonstop (i may or may not be those people sometimes). I think that seriousness and ability to sometimes be "cold" or "dry" when needed is something that has greatly benefitted the staff team and will be of even more benefit as an admin.

+1

(ps take everything with a grain of salt since i've been dead for almost 6 months :3)

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice