Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
as admin, i pledge to !ungag otis
1st off maybe I am picking sides but I am against you being staff in the 1st place. Maybe I am not used to it but you show not even the slightest reasoning to anyone decision and that the issue I have you have investigated things without logically thinking I still remember the HELP! HELP! HELP! I refuse to believe that was donor abuse mainly because I gave them many a warning's and they kept evading the gags. I am being honest when I say I cannot knowingly agree to this because even when I pmed you about letting bygones go you had no response. (Yes, this may be biased however if you can't treat everyone equally then you don't need admin let alone moderator). I know for a fact you pick and choose what you want to allow. I have gained much more respect for people who I don't see eye to eye with reaching out to me.
[Image: its-vodka-vodka.gif]
This server is probably going to have the same fate as Sears and Kmart if you actually gets admin.
[Image: sears-bankruptcy-over-end-coming.jpg?qua...=640%2C360]
Why Tiefling Shouldn't get Admin
Table of contents

Section 1 - Biased Behavior
Section 2 - Cult of supporters/friends
Section 3 - Finding reasons to punish people
Section 4 - Not trying to understand people
Section 5 - Conclusion & a cool song at the bottom

I good amount of people I have spoken with are heavily against the idea of you getting this position due to biases they have either seen third person or actually witnessed themselves. The mentality that you have in-game is a good reflection of how you would be on the throne and that's just worrying. As a short example I can include you T-Baiting and swinging barrels near people on flood lights and having a laugh, but if someone you don't personally care for does the same exact thing to you it is grounds for an autoslay.

Same logic applies with use of commands! One of the people who I actually helped get trusted assumed that I was moaning in my mic when I was trying to say something before getting cut off by dying (Cause he heard 0.5 seconds of what I was saying as I got mowed down). This only happened conveniently the same day you warned me for the same thing even though it was a completely different circumstance. Also when this player is beatboxing in his mic, you will jokingly say stop instead of taking action. Now picture this I make some short but disruptive sound of the same nature, than you would use that as grounds for a micspam warn.

Section 2 - Cult of supporters
Consciously and unconsciously I have seen people take on roles as being keyboard warrior digital bodyguard whatever's to you no matter what it may be. I made 1 post on the forums once trying to appeal a warn you issues: and after my closing statement about me thinking this is the reason that you would not be a good person in position on staff, the flood gates opened. I can't make a single post on this community page anymore without someone just -1ing it for fun. Most of the people that I have spoken to that dislike you are afraid to even say anything because they know that they are going to be put on a target list as soon as they mention anything.

It goes without saying if you are having a bad enough day that it may have influence on your actions, then you probably should choose to step back and take a breather rather than let it become an issue to everybody else on the server. There are days I will see you come on and issue warns left and right. Something on the server that will be common as a joke when many friends are around is a T defibbing an Inno (Which I should add almost never adds a game delay). You took the liberty of getting someone banned for this with awarns rather than talking it out or maybe leaving a verbal warn. You need to have that mindset of when someone is going off script and not jump to conclusions without analyzing the situation first.

If someone that you don't particularly like tried to patch things up or at least try to know you on better terms, you will flat out refuse to even say anything back to them or acknowledge that they are trying to make things civil. You can pick to dislike anyone for any reason, but you should at least make an effort to know your community better rather than just interact with someone for the sole purpose of issuing warns. This also ties into communication standards. Your job as a moderator is to be open to help anyone who is present on the community. If it takes a literal thread to be created on the forum like a ticket request, that is an issue.
Section 5 - Conclusion
There isn't anything that would be benefited from you being one step below owner. Your contributions are slim to non and there are way too many red flags. If people can't even feel comfortable talking about your shortcomings without being put on a community shit list: that's a problem. There is a big polarization on the whole TTT section of Dinklebergs because many of the players who have not been on your good side can't even enjoy coming here anymore without you finding a reason to start shit. Remember, in the end Garry's Mod is a game and taking it too seriously makes it feel more like a corporate job rather than something people can enjoy.

And I know this post is going to get absolutely torn apart by -1s, I am pretty much over it. If nothing is going to change the way I am seen here from resenting you I might as well make a statement about all the concerns to people who either need reassurance or haven't been in the loop.

Anyways to anyone who made it to the bottom of this novel, thank you for taking time to read this.
Thankfully - Widsquard Gaming

Edits made for organization and grammatical fixes.
Quote:
Consciously and unconsciously I have seen people take on roles as being keyboard warrior digital bodyguard whatever's to you no matter what it may be.

+1
(01-09-2024, 11:59 PM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote:
This server is probably going to have the same fate as Sears and Kmart if you actually gets admin.
[Image: sears-bankruptcy-over-end-coming.jpg?qua...=640%2C360]
Why Tiefling Shouldn't get Admin
Table of contents

Section 2 - Cult of supporters/friends
Section 5 - Conclusion & a cool song at the bottom

I good amount of people I have spoken with are heavily against the idea of you getting this position due to biases they have either seen third person or actually witnessed themselves. The mentality that you have in-game is a good reflection of how you would be on the throne and that's just worrying. As a short example I can include you T-Baiting and swinging barrels near people on flood lights and having a laugh, but if someone you don't personally care for does the same exact thing to you it is grounds for an autoslay.

Same logic applies with use of commands! One of the people who I actually helped get trusted assumed that I was moaning in my mic when I was trying to say something before getting cut off by dying (Cause he heard 0.5 seconds of what I was saying as I got mowed down). This only happened conveniently the same day you warned me for the same thing even though it was a completely different circumstance. Also when this player is beatboxing in his mic, you will jokingly say stop instead of taking action. Now picture this I make some short but disruptive sound of the same nature, than you would use that as grounds for a micspam warn.

Consciously and unconsciously I have seen people take on roles as being keyboard warrior digital bodyguard whatever's to you no matter what it may be. I made 1 post on the forums once trying to appeal a warn you issues: and after my closing statement about me thinking this is the reason that you would not be a good person in position on staff, the flood gates opened. I can't make a single post on this community page anymore without someone just -1ing it for fun. Most of the people that I have spoken to that dislike you are afraid to even say anything because they know that they are going to be put on a target list as soon as they mention anything.

It goes without saying if you are having a bad enough day that it may have influence on your actions, then you probably should choose to step back and take a breather rather than let it become an issue to everybody else on the server. There are days I will see you come on and issue warns left and right. Something on the server that will be common as a joke when many friends are around is a T defibbing an Inno (Which I should add almost never adds a game delay). You took the liberty of getting someone banned for this with awarns rather than talking it out or maybe leaving a verbal warn. You need to have that mindset of when someone is going off script and not jump to conclusions without analyzing the situation first.

If someone that you don't particularly like tried to patch things up or at least try to know you on better terms, you will flat out refuse to even say anything back to them or acknowledge that they are trying to make things civil. You can pick to dislike anyone for any reason, but you should at least make an effort to know your community better rather than just interact with someone for the sole purpose of issuing warns. This also ties into communication standards. Your job as a moderator is to be open to help anyone who is present on the community. If it takes a literal thread to be created on the forum like a ticket request, that is an issue.
Section 5 - Conclusion
There isn't anything that would be benefited from you being one step below owner. Your contributions are slim to non and there are way too many red flags. If people can't even feel comfortable talking about your shortcomings without being put on a community shit list: that's a problem. There is a big polarization on the whole TTT section of Dinklebergs because many of the players who have not been on your good side can't even enjoy coming here anymore without you finding a reason to start shit. Remember, in the end Garry's Mod is a game and taking it too seriously makes it feel more like a corporate job rather than something people can enjoy.

And I know this post is going to get absolutely torn apart by -1s, I am pretty much over it. If nothing is going to change the way I am seen here from resenting you I might as well make a statement about all the concerns to people who either need reassurance or haven't been in the loop

Anyways to anyone who made it to the bottom of this novel, thank you for taking time to read this.
Thankfully - Widsquard Gaming
 Jokes aside I will say you took the in depth time to actually think about this and that much I can admire. Who gives a rats rear! Your speaking your mind and on Dinklebergs ttt That is ok! we pick and choose our admins. So far were 2-0 as of recent now if this does happen I among several others will remain against it. Until this person can prove they are capable of taking on this role and actually talking to the community whether they like the person or not I am against it I have put up with an assload of people I cant stand on this server (Caribou) and (Mr.R****) being another and I will be damned if I allow this to proceed.
[Image: its-vodka-vodka.gif]
not sure if you noticed mr.steel waffle but I've been banned for well over a year now. anyways +1
[Image: unknown.png]
(01-10-2024, 12:20 AM)A Steel Waffle Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 11:59 PM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: ACTUAL biased comment
Until this person can prove they are capable of taking on this role and actually talking to the community whether they like the person or not I am against it I have put up with an assload of people I cant stand on this server (Caribou) and (Mr.R****) being another and I will be damned if I allow this to proceed.
[Image: 2tzo2k.jpg?a473544]

my life, my family's lives, and my pet roach's life was threatened if i didn't add something useful, so i'm pointing out that your view of what a staff member's (or even an admin's) duties should be are heavily skewed. you don't have to talk to people you don't like. there are other members on the staff team for a reason. don't like something they did and they won't talk to you? talk to an admin or make a forum post. it's not that big of a deal.
(01-09-2024, 10:53 PM)A Steel Waffle Wrote: 1st off maybe I am picking sides but I am against you being staff in the 1st place. Maybe I am not used to it but you show not even the slightest reasoning to anyone decision and that the issue I have you have investigated things without logically thinking I still remember the HELP! HELP! HELP! I refuse to believe that was donor abuse mainly because I gave them many a warning's and they kept evading the gags. I am being honest when I say I cannot knowingly agree to this because even when I pmed you about letting bygones go you had no response. (Yes, this may be biased however if you can't treat everyone equally then you don't need admin let alone moderator). I know for a fact you pick and choose what you want to allow. I have gained much more respect for people who I don't see eye to eye with reaching out to me.
Are you drunk again? this is practically unreadable. From what is legible;

I don't share your belief that tief picks and chooses, but if staff at large didn't pick and choose, you would've been perma'd months ago. You actively benefit from what you're complaining about. High staff [Edit; it was Mid Staff not High staff. November 28th, TTT channel on discord. Im aware not everyone shares my interpretation of what was said, but I stand by it.] came out and said in General TTT Chat that all staff should just ignore your rule-breaking tantrums instead of punishing you. Its clear that there is some contextual situation you're upset about, but do ya really want it aired out here? Everyone who has interacted with you knows you love to cry bad actor when you get in trouble. I will say I'm pretty biased Towards tief, she's my friend, and anyone can read the glowing +1 I put out for her. But when we really break it down she's just one of the few staff who aren't intimidated by your Karen antics. All of that aside, Nobody owes you bygones. If someone has beef with you neither of you have Any responsibility to settle it. That's just life, buck up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to change your mind into a +1. -1 until you're blue in the face by all means. But if you walk around dippin a can of bullshit, Someone's gonna slap it out your mouth sooner or later.

addendum: Right here is where I put a pause to this because I wanted to read widdys post and lmfao. Its like you sent him your work and had him make an mla format essay out of it. 
One thing I really have to say to his fanfic is that "cult of supporters" is literally just her friends. The same way that Literally every other friendship works in this community. The same way every unban request, every application, every post is just a popularity contest. The two of you get -1ed a lot because you deliberately attack people who have a few friends and because you've both gone out of your way to piss many people off with your behaviors. If you talked this much shit about Lacer or Icey or literally anyone else for random example, you would have the Same experience. 

Now I also see what may be a big issue in terms of both of your comprehension abilities. If all parties are okay/ comfortable with a situation, there will often be no punishment. Most people don't mind getting propkilled by tief because its her friends, or her t round. If they report her she does get punished and she will slay herself, but she stays within the boundaries of her friendships and general statuses with the players of the server. i.e. she doesn't push peoples boundaries. You two have a habit of stomping on peoples boundaries quite liberally, which is usually why you get in trouble because the people you target Don't have that relationship with you. Both of you have a habit of assuming a deeper relationship with people than actually exists, like when you widdy thought it was perfectly okay to read my Actual physical location out to the server. Also, unrelated, just listened to your soundcloud no more opinions for you lmfao. 

And again, this idea that everyone you disagree with has to make an effort to reach peace with you is naive, if not downright stupid. That's simply not how the world works. Not everything gets to be happy and chill 100% and not everyone you dislike is gonna Want to give you their time and energy. We have a limited life (not me though im built different) and you really cant be blamed for not wanting to spend that limited life on people you don't Want to spend time with. I think if the two of you spent more time with your actual friends and less time strokin your hate-b*ners you'd find yourselves in much less turbulent times.
<3 :3
(01-10-2024, 12:58 AM)Viviel No-Bones (they) Wrote: We have a limited life (not me though im built different) and you really cant be blamed for not wanting to spend that limited life on people you don't Want to spend time with. I think if the two of you spent more time with your actual friends and less time strokin your hate-b*ners you'd find yourselves in much less turbulent times.
+1 Good life advice.
[Image: ZGSORRl.png]
(01-10-2024, 01:51 AM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: [Image: ZGSORRl.png]
Alright guys no more having friends its cringe now
<3 :3