Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
as admin, i pledge to !ungag otis
(01-10-2024, 02:41 PM)coco?? Wrote: im gonna remain neutral on this but for gods sake some of u need to realize that the world WILL keep turning and your lives WILL go on if she gets admin

this is not a life or death scenario for the server I promise
Exactly if this community survived “addressing toxicity” saga then someone that’s not a unanimous choice for admin that has grievances that are overall pretty tame or the result of overthinking minor situations and disagreements is not going to kill this community
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(01-10-2024, 12:54 PM)lacer Wrote: SNIP YOUR FUCKING REPLIES

For fucking real.
Also - What the hell happened in here???
hi i wanted to give my thoughts on this because fuck i might as well since the whole world and their mommas are here

i've never really talked to tiefling one on one, the only interactions we have are through mutual discords (no cult hivemind here or whatever), but when miss lesbian first joined the community, i found her very abrasive and argumentive, not in a way that totally disrupts the peace but enough to be a problem and for me to find her annoying as fuck (sorry lesbian), i was initially shocked when she first got staff but seeing how she's really turned her attitude around since she first joined has really changed my opinion on her. i think she has a solid head on her shoulders and she's actually really nice to interact with now.

on the rare occasions that we do play together, the first thing i've ever seen her do before actually playing was making sure all ban requests were handled and all punishments dealt out, i havent seen this "bias" that people have been throwing around in this thread, i've only seen her deal out warns and punishments that are deserved, no "dishing out warns" for no reason, everything i've seen her do has followed staff guidelines. if you feel like you are being "targeted" with punishments, chances are its probably warranted, repeat offenders dont get as much grace as people who sometimes break a rule on accident. some of you commenting about the feeling of being targeted by her are the exact same people staff have had to discuss over and over again through the years because their behavior never changes, interesting.

now, this personal vendetta that some of you seem to have out for her feels so childish and ridiculous, not all staff has to be your best friend in order to staff fairly and honestly after reviewing some clips i cannot blame her at all for not wanting to befriend some of you, some of the "jokes" dished out were disgusting to listen to and i would want to avoid people like that as well and she is well within her right to keep her distance. as for her lack of mic usage, she is also completely in her right to not want to use her voice to speak in the server, after nearly 10 years in this community i still get harassed TO THIS DAY about my feminine voice, i dont use my mic in most other video games because the of the harassment that feminine people experience simply by existing on a video game, it absolutely makes sense that she wouldnt choose to use her mic here, especially when there's already so much hostility towards her without the mic on. thats such a ridiculous point to argue against her with when the literal owner of this server hasnt uttered a word into voice chat before.

to round this all out, a tldr if you will, miss lesbian did not start out on the right foot in this community but has made great strides to improve herself and provide a safe space for the average non-minge dinklebergs ttt player, you may not have had great experiences with her personally but maybe we should try to self reflect and ask why someone may not like us after the interactions we share with them.
from the interactions i have shared with miss tiefling lesbian i feel as if she has a good thought process and i dont believe that any of her perceived hostility applies to the general population of dinklebergs ttt, everything she does as staff is well within the staff guidelines and she, as a human being who is inherently flawed, is allowed to make mistakes sometimes and she is allowed to keep arms length with people who treat her like shit! hope this helps
[Image: giphy.gif]
After reading the last 4 pages... +1, though I don't agree on some of your views or takes in the past or even now, I recognize those are based on subjective bias. You genuinely seem to have a passion for the server and staffing it, which most admins during my time (including me) did not. I think you'll do fine as admin. I don't hold the position of admin as highly as most. It's obviously an import position, but most of the admins we had before 2020 were kinda ass ngl. What I'm trying to say the person getting admin doesn't need to be the perfect candidate. This is a gmod server at the end of the day. If it works it works, if it doesn't: unlucky ig.

(01-10-2024, 12:20 AM)A Steel Waffle Wrote: I have put up with an assload of people I cant stand on this server (Caribou) and (Mr.R****) being another and I will be damned if I allow this to proceed.
-
I don't care who you are or what power you have. I have called out several bad apples in many a years.

stop talking about your "heroic crusade" against rippe like you weren't some random troll in the eyes of the whole staff team at the time (fyi half the community in 2016 didn't like rippe and thought he was a terrible person). I know these quotes aren't directly saying that, but the more times I here it, the moreI I feel the need to say it
former admin2
not *too* too experienced playing with tiefling, but she seems to do a good job. She said something a few pages back which I think bares repeating, as I think it's truly the crux of this whole thread: even when like 80% of the server is on board with something that's kind of against rules, it's Right and Correct to take action if it's impacting the experience of the 20%. That's the real issue here - she will take action to correct that. This leaves shitposters feeling wronged, but in reality they broke the rules lol

As for having a mic: she seems to get by with being a moderator pretty well without one. pointless argument about nothing, obviously she can be an admin without a mic?????? she's literally already staff, you literally already have to listen to her. if this was an issue it should've been disqualifying for trusted or mod. bringing it up here is absolutely silly

also just pointing out that the people talking about the -1 cult pretty reliably -1 the votes for tiefling, that road goes both ways

+1
(01-10-2024, 12:02 PM)Viviel No-Bones (they) Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 10:12 AM)A Steel Waffle Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 12:58 AM)Viviel No-Bones (they) Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 10:53 PM)A Steel Waffle Wrote: 1st off maybe I am picking sides but I am against you being staff in the 1st place. Maybe I am not used to it but you show not even the slightest reasoning to anyone decision and that the issue I have you have investigated things without logically thinking I still remember the HELP! HELP! HELP! I refuse to believe that was donor abuse mainly because I gave them many a warning's and they kept evading the gags. I am being honest when I say I cannot knowingly agree to this because even when I pmed you about letting bygones go you had no response. (Yes, this may be biased however if you can't treat everyone equally then you don't need admin let alone moderator). I know for a fact you pick and choose what you want to allow. I have gained much more respect for people who I don't see eye to eye with reaching out to me.
Are you drunk again? this is practically unreadable. From what is legible;

I don't share your belief that tief picks and chooses, but if staff at large didn't pick and choose, you would've been perma'd months ago. You actively benefit from what you're complaining about. High staff came out and said in General Chat that all staff should just ignore your rule-breaking tantrums instead of punishing you. Its clear that there is some contextual situation you're upset about, but do ya really want it aired out here? Everyone who has interacted with you knows you love to cry bad actor when you get in trouble. I will say I'm pretty biased Towards tief, she's my friend, and anyone can read the glowing +1 I put out for her. But when we really break it down she's just one of the few staff who aren't intimidated by your Karen antics. All of that aside, Nobody owes you bygones. If someone has beef with you neither of you have Any responsibility to settle it. That's just life, buck up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to change your mind into a +1. -1 until you're blue in the face by all means. But if you walk around dippin a can of bullshit, Someone's gonna slap it out your mouth sooner or later.

addendum: Right here is where I put a pause to this because I wanted to read widdys post and lmfao. Its like you sent him your work and had him make an mla format essay out of it. 
One thing I really have to say to his fanfic is that "cult of supporters" is literally just her friends. The same way that Literally every other friendship works in this community. The same way every unban request, every application, every post is just a popularity contest. The two of you get -1ed a lot because you deliberately attack people who have a few friends and because you've both gone out of your way to piss many people off with your behaviors. If you talked this much shit about Lacer or Icey or literally anyone else for random example, you would have the Same experience. 

Now I also see what may be a big issue in terms of both of your comprehension abilities. If all parties are okay/ comfortable with a situation, there will often be no punishment. Most people don't mind getting propkilled by tief because its her friends, or her t round. If they report her she does get punished and she will slay herself, but she stays within the boundaries of her friendships and general statuses with the players of the server. i.e. she doesn't push peoples boundaries. You two have a habit of stomping on peoples boundaries quite liberally, which is usually why you get in trouble because the people you target Don't have that relationship with you. Both of you have a habit of assuming a deeper relationship with people than actually exists, like when you widdy thought it was perfectly okay to read my Actual physical location out to the server. Also, unrelated, just listened to your soundcloud no more opinions for you lmfao. 

And again, this idea that everyone you disagree with has to make an effort to reach peace with you is naive, if not downright stupid. That's simply not how the world works. Not everything gets to be happy and chill 100% and not everyone you dislike is gonna Want to give you their time and energy. We have a limited life (not me though im built different) and you really cant be blamed for not wanting to spend that limited life on people you don't Want to spend time with. I think if the two of you spent more time with your actual friends and less time strokin your hate-b*ners you'd find yourselves in much less turbulent times.
No, I legitimately wasn't but if you insist on me speaking me correct English I will do just that. 
1st off,  maybe I am picking sides but I am against you being staff in the 1st place. Maybe I am not used to it, but you show not even the slightest reasoning to certain people's warnings You seem to have issues thoroughly investigating a situation when you jump into the server. You have investigated things without logically thinking, even after I had reached out to staff. I still remember the HELP! HELP! HELP! I refuse to believe that was donor abuse mainly because I gave them many a warnings and they kept evading the gags. people got tired of it.  I am being honest when I say I cannot knowingly agree to this because even when I pmed you about letting bygones go you had no response. (Yes, this may be biased however if you can't treat everyone equally then you don't need admin let alone moderator). I know for a fact you pick and choose what you want to allow. I gain much more respect for people whom I don't see eye to eye with reaching out to me when they can put a biased opinion of me aside.

Also I do not appreciate you bringing up my personal life into this. There is no need to bring up things like that I am speaking my mind plain and simple. I don't care who you are or what power you have. I have called out several bad apples in many a years. I am not saying this said staff member is a bad apple but she needs to be more thoughtful about a situation before just spewing out a warn.
What I insist on is comprehensible English, not correct. It's a bit better now that I'm awake awake.

You said first off and then didn't continue the number theme, what was the point. You just kinda say stuff huh.
"Picking sides" this ain't red shirt blue shirt what. Also it's not a secret that you don't like tief.
Being used to it wouldn't change that acting without showing reasoning is wrong. You just ignore people when they tell you the reasoning lol.
What does issues investigating entail? There are some wonderful tools that perfectly portray practically any situation that all staff use daily. Seems like you're just upset the "investigation" didn't go your way, like you're usually whinging about.
What is the help help help in reference to that it's significant for you to remember? Doesn't matter, seems like even chibill tried to get the reality through to you and it didn't stick. 
In order to be honest, you need to be clear and truthful. You couldn't tell the truth in a confession booth, let alone on public forum. 
Already said plenty on this elementary school bygones silliness.

Its not your personal life anymore if you continously make it everyone elses problem bud. I mean, you literally started talking about it publicly using it as an excuse for your behavior. But then you act the same way during times you say you Aren't drinking? Funny that. This is really coming from a place of understanding, I did the work, spent over a year with AA, and improved myself as a person with it. Pretty sure one of those steps is finding self-awareness, or some such. Maybe perchance you should keep your mind to yourself until you're emotionally mature and capable of community interaction that doesn't involve hate, slurs, and lying. Those three things are your legacy here. That's what you're known for. When new members ask what your deal is that is what people tell them.
Many a Years? Really? And you still act the ways you do? Goofy ass.
I would really appreciate it if you didn't insult me. Your veering off the actual topic. The forums isn't a place to name call people. We may respectfully disagree. Calling me "goofy ass" is simply uncalled for.

Never thought I'd say this but the community put their input in time to close the thread for the love of God.
[Image: its-vodka-vodka.gif]
official request to make not snipping warnable
a good 40%
pls
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
as web admin i will add a feature that automatically snips all quotes beyond a certain length.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(01-10-2024, 09:34 PM)A Steel Waffle Wrote: I would really appreciate it if you didn't insult me. Your veering off the actual topic. The forums isn't a place to name call people. We may respectfully disagree. Calling me "goofy ass" is simply uncalled for.

Never thought I'd say this but the community put their input in time to close the thread for the love of God.
This is still an open application. 14 pages or not, relevant input can still be given. There is no good reason to punish tiefling by closing the thread. If anything, Dink should make a decision soon because both admin apps have been open for quite a while.
former admin2
(01-10-2024, 09:34 PM)A Steel Waffle Wrote: *complains*
a slur will be heading to ur mailbox very shortly as to not pollute the forums with namecalling.