CrAcKbOnE ban appeal p2
(03-19-2024, 12:34 AM)Battons Wrote: I don't wanna jump in and assume things but that foreigner thing reads like a joke lol, I don't think that was meant to be a serious post.

"And the second one, even as a joke in response to a shitpost, was an incredibly weird thing to say at all." You would be correct and I don't believe anyone thinks that he was serious about it. However, the joke shouldn't have been made at all and there was no reason for it to have been, especially during a time when he was attempting to appeal two bans for two different parts of the community, which is why it was included in my response.
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333
(03-19-2024, 12:34 AM)Battons Wrote: I don't wanna jump in and assume things but that foreigner thing reads like a joke lol, I don't think that was meant to be a serious post.
A xenophobic joke is still xenophobic tho to be fair. If we discount bad jokes as just jokes it just promotes more of those jokes to be made and sets a bad precedent as someone can just say "its just a joke". I would prefer if we go away from that kind of behavior and not encourage or dismiss it.
How is it racist though? that's just a joke that's existed since forever on every single video game known to man, I can understand thinking its inappropriate for the situation but to say its directly racist feels like a stretch. Also fairly certain crackbone isn't even a US player anyways..... that is a massive reach lol
Okay, quite a bit to unpack here. 

First, I think holding onto things as minor as a very ironic comment such as "foreigners aren't allowed omg!!!" from a foreigner (this is a US centered community, despite there being several other nationalities present, it's mostly Americans) is a little weird to be the hill to die on. It'd be one thing if there was a clear malicious tone to it, but that post you're using as evidence comes across a shitpost clear as day. The child predator comment I 100% understand because that one is a lot more serious.

If you're wound up a bit by only the foreigner comment though, I suggest you redirect that effort to actual issues, such as harassment going unchecked towards a certain demographic on TTT resulting in said players retaliating on their own, rather than social justice warrior baloney. 

I've known Crackbone for nearly 4 years now, and I'm telling you that without a shred of doubt that he's genuine on this. The first unban appeal he didn't care about at all, and that was clear.

Maybe something that could be done is he could be unbanned and given a place hold warn worth 6 points meaning any small offense he does gets him a day ban? The discord and forums have done similar things before, so I don't see why TTT couldn't do the same.

+1 for an unban.
smh my head
(03-19-2024, 04:48 AM)chapman Wrote: First, I think holding onto things as minor as a very ironic comment such as "foreigners aren't allowed omg!!!" from a foreigner (this is a US centered community, despite there being several other nationalities present, it's mostly Americans) is a little weird to be the hill to die on. It'd be one thing if there was a clear malicious tone to it, but that post you're using as evidence comes across a shitpost clear as day. 

If you're wound up a bit by that, I suggest you redirect that effort to actual issues, such as harassment going unchecked towards a certain demographic on TTT resulting in said players retaliating on their own, rather than social justice warrior baloney.

I'm not trying to derail this appeal into something that it is not, so this will be the last thing I'll reply on this specific matter. Especially because the point several people have brought up was never a major focus in my response to this in the first place -

The example I used was specifically because he chose to make the joke during a time in where that sort of behavior would reflect incredibly poorly upon him, much like the other example I used that was about his behavior towards someone he was upset with at the time due to him being banned, which is in fact, what I typed out above. 

As to how this got in any way misconstrued as "this shitpost he made is a MAJOR issue blah blah social justice warrior baloney" and to assume that I don't put effort into working on the other issues you brought up because of that too, is beyond me.

Yes, he did put more effort into this one than his last two appeals, it seems more genuine and while I am happy to see that, he didn't address the other behavioral issues that I mentioned in my response, such as the child predator comment, in the same time frame in the slightest. Which, is a lot more concerning to me than him making a stupid shitpost joke, or him mass rdming.

Why should I trust that he'll do better in those areas when he didn't even think of mentioning it in the appeal? How do I know he's reflected on these issues? I haven't known him for 4 years, he is a new face to me, and all I know about him is his recent behavior which resulted in his two super close together permanent bans from two parts of the community, the more serious one being the one he chose to downplay while saying that the staff were overreacting and mishandling it by banning him for it. 

So until he, in his own words, gives me a reason to believe that he's improved from that behavior, I am still -1.
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333
(03-18-2024, 07:02 PM)bab Wrote: If the only issue that occurred with you was just the mass RDM, I'd support this. However, that wasn't the case - you also got banned on Discord at the same time as you posted your first appeal, for calling one of the moderators a child predator.

And instead of apologizing for this in any way or taking any time to at the very least think "hey actually that might've been incredibly messed up of me" after being permanently banned, you came on to the forums and watered it down to an edgy joke and said that the staff handling it were overreacting and handling it improperly.

Not to mention your other behavior at the time of your first appeal for this situation;

[Image: 84Fn6t8.png]

[Image: hmlOY2a.png]

The first one was on Ryan's trusted app, which was referencing this situation, you lied about Ryan targeting you and then said he was throwing a temper tantrum about it (which yes, it does seem Ryan has forgiven you for this, however, posting something like that because you are upset over being banned is concerning). You posted your first TTT ban appeal right after this. And the second one, even as a joke in response to a shitpost, was an incredibly weird thing to say at all.

While the Discord and strange forum post are separate from TTT, I have no reason at this time to believe you've grown from this behavior or that I would personally trust you back on the server at all. So with that said, -1.

The discord ban was completely unrelated to this incident, and happened like a week later after getting banned on TTT. I just posted both appeals the same because I bothered to log into the forums again. I'll provide more context for it my discord ban app since it is not really relevant to this discussion but 1. I didn't call anyone in particular a pedo, I was just referencing the discord mod meme 2. The comment got a lot of controversy because a lot of people thought I was baiting recent drama that happened. I was not aware of what happened when I posted that, I apologised immediately and wouldn't have posted it knowing something so horrible happened in the community and to be fair I shouldn't have made the joke at all.

1st image
Yes, this was dumb, but I had actual beef with Ryan and I didn't want him to have more power on the server that I touched upon in my appeal and we settled on it. If the thread was still open I would revoke what I said.

2nd image
CONTEXT This is from a shitpost talking about a german player. My post was a joke that apperantly flew over everyones heads. I AM FOREIGN player and this an obvious joke. Thought it would have been obvious by the way I typed it.

If I really meant to be malicious and was having a tantrum I would have posted a lot more than two (debatably) comments on the forums, probably would have spammed the shit out of it. I was also more active on the forums during the weeks the thread was active and I don't think you can find anything more that could be described as me having a "tantrum".
[Image: QrOFTLS.jpeg]
+1

god save the server
god save the king.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
+1 for reduction... this is a mass rdm ban, and I think there is enough here plus enough time for a reduction. If yall want to get him for something else go for it. Change the ban then we can talk about that instead. I don't think he is likely to mass again any time soon.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
+1 ooo ooo aaa aaa
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
I agree with mostly everything TDawg said. I support a full unban tho, +1
former admin2