Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Changes to Reputation System and Some Thoughts
My only point of concern is that sometimes there are genuine times when discussions need to occur - discussions that are much better hashed out on the forums, rather than on discord.
If forum threads are locked prematurely, perhaps due to mass shitposting or arguments between 2-3 dickheads, then the discussion is ended for those who have differing thoughts/perspectives.
I will encourage our forum staff to punish those who shitpost, instead of simply deleting posts, and punish those who get into pointless arguments.
Also, if a forum needs to be locked, consider unlocking it after emotions have calmed down. One thing I advocated for, and often got push back on, during my time as admin is giving our valued community members the opportunity to speak their minds - no matter how brainrot some of the takes would be.
Since the reputation system will no longer be able to self-regulate brainrot takes, it will be important to keep the shitposting out of important threads.
I encourage the community at large to post your opinion and be done with it - don't keep piling on 5-6 posts on an important thread, and keep your assholery to yourselves.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(03-27-2024, 09:50 PM)Jammin Wrote: I will encourage our forum staff to punish those who shitpost, instead of simply deleting posts, and punish those who get into pointless arguments.

iirc there were people who received warnings for repeated/major shitposting, if that's what you mean by punish
Says rep is fake internet points, removes rep on serious posts, leaves rep open on News and Announcements... makes major announcement leaving rep open garnering a strong +18 edit 19 and counting..... Is second highest rep on forums. ¿Is second highest rep on forums? +1 for the grindset

(+1 changes, also tho. This is daming, and also has rewatch value.)
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
(03-27-2024, 10:00 PM)TDawg4 Wrote: Says rep is fake internet points, removes rep on serious posts, leaves rep open on News and Announcements... makes major announcement leaving rep open garnering a strong +18 edit 19 and counting..... Is second highest rep on forums. ¿Is second highest rep on forums? +1 for the grindset

(+1 changes, also tho. This is daming, and also has rewatch value.)
you know too much... enjoy another community ban.
whoever rated this thread 1 star hates puppies and kittens
whatever gay baby :yawn:
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
(03-27-2024, 10:14 PM)Gabe Wrote: whoever rated this thread 1 star hates puppies and kittens
mods can we get a warn on this guy this is a serious thread
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
you only left rep on for this thread because you knew you'd get a lot.....
as a reddit karma enjoyer I think this is a positive change

I do agree with Jammin to a point (idk what hes cooking in some parts of that post tho), I would like to see less discussion threads getting locked with this change now that rep will probably be disabled on more "serious" threads (removing some incentive to derail them). Obviously thread locking is a tool to keep topic threads from derailing or getting too crazy, but if the goal is to foster healthy discussion of the thread topic then locking the thread isn't the ideal outcome and I would like to see it avoided more than it is in favor of other moderation options. das just my opinion tho
(I am not referring to any recent events FYI, that was handled fine imo)
Great work to both of you, doing me proud boss.