Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
dong web
I think dong would make a good web staff member. I don't know what specific abilities web staff would have, but I imagine it can't be more than closing/opening threads, deleting comments, and probably giving out warns. I believe dong is more than capable of doing that.

I don't know about dong sharing stuff with his group, but if he were doing that/has done that in the past, I don't think he'd be a TMod or have the backing of current and former staff. I could be very wrong, but I don't think he's doing that.
+1 even tho he's greek.
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
Dong is more than qualified to do the job.

+1
smh my head
+1

I love Dong. Amazing former admin as well. He will do great things for the community.
Dong would do a good job +1
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(First, sorry for the actual fuckin' essay. Second, I would like to say that this is my opinion based mostly on my own time around you and in your discord server. I do not have screenshots of any of what I mention here, and even if I did, I wouldn't be posting them ((except the two at the bottom of this post)) as it's your discord. I believe that you've recently handed off ownership, but during my time in it, it was created by and belonged to you);

Hi Dong, I've had more time to think about how I'd like to respond to your application. I do not doubt that with your experience as an Admin in the community and using the forum's features during your time as one if I was going off of that alone, you're absolutely a shoo-in for being accepted here. 

However, as of right now, I do not trust your ability to facilitate a peaceful environment on the forums based entirely on your ability to do so for your own server (I've stated this in previous responses to applications when it comes to using outside stuff as reasons to -1, but I feel that web staff is a community role more so than the actual servers themselves, you're free to disagree with my reasoning being something outside of dinks, however, I do personally believe that it can and should sometimes play into decision making);

During my recent time in your server, I saw a lot of things, however, the most prevalent being the number of times you not only allowed but encouraged heavy shit-talking about several members of the community that you and your friends do not like, a lot of which was not relevant to the numerous community-related situations that were being discussed in there, and to make sure none of it got leaked, you'd go so far as to kick certain members who you thought would take an issue with what was being said (even posting an announcement that there are "no snakes left in the grass, you're free to say whatever you want" after doing so), and delete several super negative entire conversations about the community after having them to hide the messages.

Also, not to mention that I'd be witnessing a new person in your friend group, every single time you guys would have these conversations, require actual reassurance from several people in the chat because they were genuinely worried about being associated with the toxicity inside the group.

This part isn't aimed toward community-related stuff, but simply adds to the distrust I mentioned;

The Mudae bot, from what I saw, was the majority of activity in the server. And almost every other day it felt like I'd be watching you and your friends have serious full-blown arguments (including name-calling, slurs, actual just personal attacks) over someone claiming a character that someone else had wanted, and from what I had seen while in it, even resulted in friendships being ended and people leaving the server altogether.

Your stance on most matters involving your friends when your name gets mentioned in these issues has been "I am not responsible for the actions of my friends", especially when it comes to stuff that they have said in your discord and on the forums, which is objectively true, you aren't able to control how your friends act. However, it fails to recognize that you are responsible for the environment you've provided your friends with that encourages that behavior, and you are also responsible for who you choose to surround yourself with.

With that being said, once again, from what I have seen, it is extremely difficult to believe that you'd be able to uphold the forum's standards and help promote a healthy, enjoyable environment for everyone that would facilitate actual discussion, so I am -1 on this.

This extra bit is my own personal issue regarding trust in you, and the only real relevance here to this conversation is my bringing up of the bot but I figured I'd mention it here;

(little warning on this, but these include the hard r and mention of "lolis")
https://imgur.com/a/E0ktjdY

For context on these screenshots; the first one is a screenshot of a custom-added character, which to my knowledge of the bot, was implemented by you or another member of your server, which has been allowed.

The second one shows a majority of the number of times that in said bot, "loli" characters pop up. I am not using this to accuse you or your friends of anything, and I want that to be very clear. However, seeing the sheer number of times those characters had popped up, especially when the ability to disable those characters to show up at all in your server does exist, made me super uncomfortable. I do also know that some of the members in your server had claimed a few of those characters too, so I am unsure as to why you would've allowed it.
nvm i'm changing my vote to a -1. i don't care if you transferred ownership of the server to jack, you still allowed so much fucked up shit when you did own it that i don't think your judgment can be trusted.
Not here to argue on behalf of dong just clarification on the tag. You can personally disable that term and its male counterpart in disablelist, but you can't server wide disable it unless you disable "kid" but if you do that you lock out characters like goku and other icons in anime. Why the dumbass bot creators used those terms/set it up like this I honestly don't know.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(04-16-2024, 06:27 AM)happy Wrote: Not here to argue on behalf of dong just clarification on the tag. You can personally disable that term and its male counterpart in disablelist, but you can't server wide disable it unless you disable "kid" but if you do that you lock out characters like goku and other icons in anime. Why the dumbass bot creators used those terms/set it up like this I honestly don't know.
A) Not hosting pedophilic content in a server should take priority over having pictures of goku.
B) If point A is to be ignored, then it becomes the server owner's responsibility to require members to disable those tags before being allowed to use the bot and ban the members who actively claim those characters. Especially when the bot is renamed to "bitch giver" (cringe).
C) If neither of the above solutions are viable for whatever reason, it's irresponsible to keep the bot on the server.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(04-16-2024, 07:01 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 06:27 AM)happy Wrote: Not here to argue on behalf of dong just clarification on the tag. You can personally disable that term and its male counterpart in disablelist, but you can't server wide disable it unless you disable "kid" but if you do that you lock out characters like goku and other icons in anime. Why the dumbass bot creators used those terms/set it up like this I honestly don't know.
A) Not hosting pedophilic content in a server should take priority over having pictures of goku.
B) If point A is to be ignored, then it becomes the server owner's responsibility to require members to disable those tags before being allowed to use the bot and ban the members who actively claim those characters. Especially when the bot is renamed to "bitch giver" (cringe).
C) If neither of the above solutions are viable for whatever reason, it's irresponsible to keep the bot on the server.
I'll fully respond when I get home typing this out and attachments are not ideal on mobile
[Image: J6yUs0g]