Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i'm out
(04-13-2024, 04:15 PM)alichay Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 04:01 PM)chelllman Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 03:29 PM)alichay Wrote: -snip-

the response to everything being proven incorrect being punitive instead of just trying to fix the structural problems that led to this shitshow in the first place, however, made me lose all trust in the ability for the admins to keep players safe. this place is teeming with creeps that the staff will rush to defend without evidence to preserve friendships. disgusting.

For clarification, what do you mean by "this place is teeming with creeps that the staff will rush to defend without evidence to preserve friendships"?
Particularly the "defend without evidence" part?

Perhaps it's just the way you phrased it, but it reads like you want the staff to defend someone only when evidence is presented of them not being a creep?
It's impossible to prove a negative. The burden of proof is always on the accuser, and proving someone isn't a creep is impossible I think.

However, proving someone is a creep is definitely possible with evidence.

No other comments about everything else.

i meant two things.

one: staff brushes the actions of their friends under the rug. there are people in this community that make women extremely uncomfortable by harassing them, who never see consequences because they're friends with staff.
two: battons was eventually proven innocent, but before that people had already begun to treat him as innocent and demonize anyone accusing him. i don't trust that a genuine accusation would be taken seriously (since it had been ignored by icey), nor do i trust that this is a safe place for victims because of the mob mentality here that jumps at the throat of anyone who dares to accuse their friends.

there are some staff doing good work. not a lot, but some. i respect them, but i also feel so bad for the sisyphean task ahead of them

I think the biggest reason is that it became a witch hunt rather than trying to find all of the facts in a fair manner. I did not ask anyone to defend me on my behalf, just to trust me and give me time to present proof I was innocent. Many people, much of them my friends and admins, had seen the proof of my innocence way before any of you did. I would suggest in the future to not take everything at immediate face value. It’s ok to believe proper when she accused me, but you can believe someone without tearing the other person (me) down in the process. Had you approached me first you likely would have also defended me in some small capacity as I would’ve sent the evidence to you in a heartbeat.
goodbye my friend, i don’t think we never got to TTT together but im very thankful that fate brought us together as friends either way

now to send off properly

*chomp* *gulp* ahh, refreshing
[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-13-2024, 04:31 PM)chelllman Wrote: What I will say is that I wish that staff from other servers had adopted the very harsh guidelines that PH has for racism, sexism, etc. I know that PH got a lot of shit such as being called a "daycare", but people who were racist or sexist were quickly removed from the PH community with haste. While the guidelines PH as are really strict, I do feel that it went a long way to protecting the players on the server. I really do hope the current staff team does a serious big think about the current guidelines, and perhaps putting in protocols for how friends can moderate friends.

This is something which has caused so much downplaying of issues in the community by many of the current ttt team and old community members. Any time a large group attempts to discuss changing things they would get hit from many sides with " TTT ISNT PROPHUNT REE" Instead of making genuine arguments against allowing bad behavior. The issue to a lot of people and why many are resiginging and giving up and just being angry "without reason" is because so many things just get forcibly dismissed or joked about by staff friends or upper staff instead of actually taking time to discuss it. So people are finally at their wits end and giving up on the community. I cant give examples or its "leaking".

See ya later ali :raccwave:
You will be missed Ali, safe travels!!!
<3 :3
Didn't talk to you much but hope life brings you good things. Good luck in what ever your next adventure is :)
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod