Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets try.
I like puppies and kittens
(04-15-2024, 11:07 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: Do I have L takes that aren't agreed with? Of course, but everyone has times where their takes are hot Ls. 

your takes are consistently lukewarm L's at best. i don't think you would bring a meaningful perspective to admin chat, and i think it's better to reconsider your approach to discussions instead of trying to gloss over the criticism.
Man this is a tough one. I haven't been on the server in a long while, but I have lurked in the discord and on the forums.

I don't think PH immediately needs to fill the admin position. Possum, Ryzif, and I did a mod council for a few months before our ascension to admin.
You can lead PH as a mod. You can prove to the community you deserve admin by doing so. Since Possum and Milk were admins while you are mod, there was no need for you to lead.

Admin gives you a voice in community issues, but you must first find your voice in PH now that the admins are gone before you can be expected to meaningfully contribute to the broader Dinks community. I do think you can be somewhat aggressive in your responses to people.

-1, best of luck.
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]
Echoing what others have said, I personally don't see you as an admin currently. I think you need to work on better communication skills. A lot of what I've experienced with you posting comes off as abrasive at best and condescending at worse, which is not something you want to see from a face of the community. As far as staffing goes, I'm sure you handle that portion fine. But being an admin requires more than just staffing skills.

Overall, I am a -1 on this application. Best of luck.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Let's try and word this right.. I don't think it's relevant to bring up that other people do "hot Ls" and if other people talk about resigning alot. This is about you, that's it. I admire the gumption in applying for admin, but I do wonder if it's really necessary. Just my thoughts =)
(04-15-2024, 11:35 AM)chelllman Wrote: Man this is a tough one. I haven't been on the server in a long while, but I have lurked in the discord and on the forums.

I don't think PH immediately needs to fill the admin position. Possum, Ryzif, and I did a mod council for a few months before our ascension to admin.
You can lead PH as a mod. You can prove to the community you deserve admin by doing so. Since Possum and Milk were admins while you are mod, there was no need for you to lead.

Admin gives you a voice in community issues, but you must first find your voice in PH now that the admins are gone before you can be expected to meaningfully contribute to the broader Dinks community. I do think you can be somewhat aggressive in your responses to people.

-1, best of luck.
Hi chellman.

Good to hear from and see you.

Thank you for the constructive feedback. I do agree that I can be aggressive in my reaponses, and that is definitely an area where I can improve.

(04-15-2024, 11:38 AM)Foxka Wrote: Echoing what others have said, I personally don't see you as an admin currently. I think you need to work on better communication skills. A lot of what I've experienced with you posting comes off as abrasive at best and condescending at worse, which is not something you want to see from a face of the community. As far as staffing goes, I'm sure you handle that portion fine. But being an admin requires more than just staffing skills.

Overall, I am a -1 on this application. Best of luck.
Hi foxka.

Thanks for the feedback.

As I replied to chellman, I agree this is definitely an area I can improve. I did grow up in a place where I was taught to be as direct as possible, and sometimes I think me being direct ends up as abrasively direct. I don't do it out of malice, but I can definitely see how it's taken that way. If you don't mind, can you share some " here's how I would do it" s?

(04-15-2024, 09:51 AM)reina Wrote: -1 i've never seen you contribute anything of value to a discussion, and that's a pretty major part of being an admin
Hi reina.

It does hurt to hear this from you, but that is completely understandable. If possible, can you tell me more about how to admin? I definitely still respect that you adminned for the discord, and I do want to hear from you how I could do better.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
-0.75, consistent nothing burger takes and consistently condescending towards others.
Big Sad,

To start, I remain neutral on this thread as I have not seen how you lead in the PH space. When looking at your application I feel as if your purpose and vision for Admin is missing. The reality would be that you would be the sole admin for the entire PH server and thus you bear the weight of making sure that it stays alive. In your thread, you mention that the one thing you want is the community to remain the good place it's been.  One thing I would like to hear from you on is how you intend to do this and uphold it if you were to get the position.

In addition, I would love to see you begin acting out this vision as a PH mod. If you have your vision, start putting it into action to show that you are ready. Unfortunately, time and experience as staff isn't enough to justify an admin position anymore and thus something greater is needed. I am excited to hear what your vision is!

Best of luck my friend!
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
I am not going to +1 or -1 this, YET. I feel like this a PH admin app should take some inspiration from the TTT admin app template to help answer many questions others may have and to give a picture of how you want to contribute to the greater community as a whole, since Admin is a community wide type of rank.

Also while I certainly don't expect Jammin level essays for answers to the applications questions, I sort of expected a bit more then one or two sentence answers.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
-1 I cant speak to your staffing abilities in game cause I don't play ph but for me personally I do not see you filling the role of admin at least not right now, I think you need more time and have some things to work on but best of luck!
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod