Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets try.
-1 your takes are usually unwanted and unnecessary as they oftentimes pertain to matters you aren’t informed or experienced enough in to give a proper assessment of, much less a comment; this leads to seeing you a lot on ttt threads giving opinions on things you haven’t really done your homework on, which is why your thoughts on matters seem uninformed and shoehorned in.
My question is what can you do right now at this exact very moment as an admin that you can't do as a Mod?  I'm not that present but I do feel like you need to give yourself a motivational push and stand out not just for PH but for the whole community. 

Also instead of trying jump a rank just because the previous admins just left, try to provide support for the server as you are now and create a fun environment.
[Image: unknown.png]
(04-15-2024, 12:41 PM)BIIG_SAD Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 09:51 AM)reina Wrote: -1 i've never seen you contribute anything of value to a discussion, and that's a pretty major part of being an admin
Hi reina.

It does hurt to hear this from you, but that is completely understandable. If possible, can you tell me more about how to admin? I definitely still respect that you adminned for the discord, and I do want to hear from you how I could do better.

don't give your input if you don't have something to add to a discussion— "+0 I'm not active" is fluff that doesn't need to be said. get to know people outside of ph so that you have more information to contribute. you would have the opportunity to give feedback in the admin channel for non-ph applications, so the ability to volunteer new information about applicants is very useful. get a friend to look over important posts to make sure the tone and wording is okay— gabe did that for me throughout my tenure, and i did that for super milk chan and gabe. feel free to add+dm me if you have any questions.
Gonna second No Name here, I too am happy someone is willing to step up to the role but I don’t have complete confidence in your ability quite yet to moderate the established community members/staff for the reasons that have been stated. Your heart is in the right place but that is where I am at so overall a -1.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
-1 there's nothing wrong with being direct but most of the time you are directly wrong. you have to do some due diligence before you make a comment bro
[Image: fBz8ezO.png]   
[Image: 35m82g.jpg?a475680]
-1 . I know we hangout sometimes and I do not want you to take offense to the -1, I just think you need to take some of these valid criticisms and work on them, it seems like the second time you apply for a position you get it, so don't give up, just become the type of admin the community wants/needs.
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously

I think you have good intentions and you're not a horrible person, but here is why I'm against your app, despite not playing PH that often:

-You wanting to focus on IRL things plus being the sole admin is not a good combo. In fact, those contradict each other.
-Your takes; I'll just be honest, you sometimes come across as an elitist when you make your posts and it's overbearing at times.
-I don't think you have good social skills. You don't have a good read on people or on situations in the room, so that makes you a hard candidate to support for admin.
-You struggle with not being self-absorbed at times. Most of the times you are in calls, you manage to shift the conversation to YOU and YOUR opinions, which derail socialization and annoy everyone involved at times.
-I think you double down too much and don't take accountability at times. There are times when you need to just say "Hey, I messed up and that's on me" and that just doesn't happen.

I know this is blunt, but I prefer an approach of honesty rather than giving you delusions of grandeur.
smh my head
After reading thru this app and may responses. I would like to remind everyone that comments on apps are for valid concerns and critisisim, not for personal attacks.

Thanks.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
Being an admin in any community, including Dinks carries significant responsibility.Admins frequently deal with conflicts and disputes within the community. Effective communication skills are crucial for de-escalating situations, understanding different perspectives, and reaching resolutions that benefit the community as a whole. I don’t have complete confidence in your ability quite yet to moderate the community  for the reasons that have been stated above.

I know I always shitpost around but I just wanna leave this in here.
Hey big sad, honestly I think you need more time to settle yourself before becoming an admin. I constantly see your farewell posts about leaving for a while or being too busy with life stuff, not to say taking time away is bad, but if you are so busy I do not know if that means you are the admin needed for the position. I also agree with others that you need to take more time to get informed on subjects before commenting on them. A lot of your posts on things include that you don't know much, but want to leave a small review with a very stern opinion. This makes you come off as aggressive or abrasive and sometimes not to be rude, but kinda dumb. For the abrasiveness I leave this advice: communicating is difficult and in your mind, it may sound very clear like you were just saying something you felt was normal or in a soft/joking tone, but online when someone else reads it you cannot always tell how they will read a message. For the uninformed comments, I just recommend taking more time before responding to things. This may be an online gmod community so things come and go quickly, but IMO when posting opinions on situations it is better to be late and informed rather than early and wrong. Good luck and take me with a grain of salt since I don't know you well and don't play prop hunt.