Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
dong web
I'm also going to add that a little while before I got kicked from his server (which happened conveniently shortly after having caught the people vandalizing the old staff guidelines in his server's vc), I had mentioned to him that I was unhappy with being called a slur by another member in vc. Almost immediately afterward, he made a public announcement that he did not want to handle any complaints about inappropriate behavior on the server. If he doesn't want to take responsibility for his own server, how can we trust him to take responsibility for a whole community?
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
You also forgot to mention that I apologized directly to you and talked to the person that ALLEGEDLY did that. The not wanting to handle issues isn’t about you so don’t stem it out to be that way. I was one of 3 people that had to try to deal with the Smurfy stuff so it burned me out. Which I’m not going into specifics because it isn’t dinkleberg related. Moderation still happened after that by others. I’d also advise you to not pin you being kicked on me because it wasn’t me and I had nothing to do with that.

I’d also appreciate if you didn’t accuse me of hosting pedophilic content considering a few other dinks adjacent servers have that same #1 discord bot and no one uses it for sexual purposes it is a gacha game. That is a hefty accusation to make against me instead of dming me trying become more informed. Keep in mind you also used this bot as evidence against Grasse for alting I guess?

Everything else yeah I talked shit, yeah the discord talked shit, please show me a single server (some of you are in others) that are guilty of the exact same thing. I don’t have people ss other discords and spread it around like wildfire (not saying you do) but that seems to only happen to the one I’m in when other discords are just as guilty. I wasn’t nearly as guilty as others in those particular discussions so that’s nice. It was supposed to be for friends, so I think me saying I don’t want to moderate grown adults (who are friends of friends IN A PRIVATE COMMUNITY) was valid. Several people asked several times to stop, and if anyone has paid the tiniest bit of attention I was inactive for months. Anytime someone messaged me directly about issues I tried to resolve them, not going to go into specifics, but those people know.
(04-16-2024, 07:44 AM)dong Wrote: You also forgot to mention that I apologized directly to you and talked to the person that ALLEGEDLY did that. The not wanting to handle issues isn’t about you so don’t stem it out to be that way. I was one of 3 people that had to try to deal with the Smurfy stuff so it burned me out. Which I’m not going into specifics because it isn’t dinkleberg related. Moderation still happened after that by others. I’d also advise you to not pin you being kicked on me because it wasn’t me and I had nothing to do with that.

[Image: p1JbfDs.png]
This is all you had to say about me being called a slur in your server. Which wasn't "allegedly", it happened in front of a dozen people (+ whoever was on ttt before he cut his mic off to switch to vc for the slur). You owned the server, I asked you to rejoin and you passed it off to someone else. Who, by the way, basically said that slurring was normal in the server and wouldn't be dealt with because it happened among friends. And the excuse you both gave about "inactivity" doesn't really hold up considering plenty of others had the same activity as me (and is often used as an excuse to distance themselves from the server), and you made your "no more snakes in the grass" announcement afterward, and I'm not the only person you've kicked for dissenting.

Also, if you got burnt out from handling one scenario, I don't think you will be able to handle managing the forums anyways.

(04-16-2024, 07:44 AM)dong Wrote: I’d also appreciate if you didn’t accuse me of hosting pedophilic content considering a few other dinks adjacent servers have that same #1 discord bot and no one uses it for sexual purposes it is a gacha game. That is a hefty accusation to make against me instead of dming me trying become more informed.
I didn't accuse you of that, I said it should be the priority for any server.

(04-16-2024, 07:44 AM)dong Wrote: Keep in mind you also used this bot as evidence against Grasse for alting I guess?
???
Yall need to stop throwing around the term "pedophile and pedophilic" all Willy nilly. Yeah the kunta kinte card is wildly offensive (not to excuse it because I have said I disliked it but Kessler added it and we forgot it was there. Both have been removed from the server). It is one of the most used bots in discord and discord approved, and pedophilic shit goes against discord tos. It is quite literally a trading card game.

And yes we get hostile playing it because the better not touch my supernatural characters.
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
(04-16-2024, 06:27 AM)happy Wrote: Not here to argue on behalf of dong just clarification on the tag. You can personally disable that term and its male counterpart in disablelist, but you can't server wide disable it unless you disable "kid" but if you do that you lock out characters like goku and other icons in anime. Why the dumbass bot creators used those terms/set it up like this I honestly don't know.
$sd loli
$sdl
$im goku

Inviting the bot to an empty server and disabling it took me roughly 19 seconds total (13 seconds if you dont include verifying that goku was obtainable)

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
[Image: IMG_7424.png?ex=6630ee4d&is=661e794d&hm=...7705dbb81&]I did not kick you for the last time. The last time that I MYSELF kicked people was over a year ago. Thanks for cutting off the top part of the dm too to make me out to be an ass.
(04-16-2024, 08:30 AM)thaye Wrote: $sd loli
$sdl
$im goku

Inviting the bot to an empty server and disabling it took me roughly 19 seconds total (13 seconds if you dont include verifying that goku was obtainable)
I’d like to add that at peak activity of the bot, I’ve been told that this was not an option; or at the very least it was unknown of. Nobody in the server used the bot in a way to look at lolicon or shotacon; for anybody to even suggest an idea like that is absolutely absurd. 

Here is a link to several of the most active users and their disable lists. Just about everybody immediately disabled lolicon and shotacon when they first started using the bot. 
The bot was ONLY used as a way to pass time (minus one person who took it way too seriously) and have fun in a discord together.
Back from my drama nap
I'll be honest, I've got my concerns about that bot even beyond the discussed material here, but that's really more discord's negligence than anything else. I haven't ever used the bot, not do I care to. But I feel the due diligence of checking for Discord's verification is enough to pacify the judgement issue. Though I still think an alternative bot should be found.

That being said, my main concern is I'm not sure the clear animosity between dong and members of the upper staff will bode well for a working relationship as web staff. It's clear there's animosity on both sides, but as admin tiefling has the duty to set aside personal grievances, and allow for a positive 'working' relationship with dong. Dong has a duty to resolve any issues tiefling may have with him.

I'm not buying the arguments of dong being toxic. But until these issues are sorted I don't see this going well. Web staff work too closely with the admins, and this issue needs to be solved first.
-1 for now but +1 after this is fixed

Also I think dong is owed an apology for being accused of hosting pedophilic content on his server
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
What the hell ever happened to not being involved in outside discords and snaking around? That’s directly what led to addressing toxicity and I just know you guys are about to make a big fucking mistake lol. Take a few seconds to relax and realize you have the power to moderate dinks, not outside discords. Also, bab literally used mudae bot too so if you want to accuse dong of hosting pedophilic content go for your friend too.
(04-16-2024, 09:56 AM)Battons Wrote: What the hell ever happened to not being involved in outside discords and snaking around? That’s directly what led to addressing toxicity and I just know you guys are about to make a big fucking mistake lol. Take a few seconds to relax and realize you have the power to moderate dinks, not outside discords.
We have no obligation to ignore these behaviors and pretend they don't exist when deciding who to trust with managing the community.