Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
dong web
(04-16-2024, 10:07 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 09:56 AM)Battons Wrote: What the hell ever happened to not being involved in outside discords and snaking around? That’s directly what led to addressing toxicity and I just know you guys are about to make a big fucking mistake lol. Take a few seconds to relax and realize you have the power to moderate dinks, not outside discords.
We have no obligation to ignore these behaviors and pretend they don't exist when deciding who to trust with managing the community.

Alright, then I am formally requesting your resignation for being involved in perpetrating and encouraging the false accusations of pedophilia against me, as I directly know you were involved in that behavior inside of Reina’s discord with you, her, and Wende. Thank you.
After revisiting this, there is entirely too much tension between Dong and the upper staff at this point in time for this to have any chance of being a successful result. The Kunta Kite card was made by someone who is no longer involved in that server, and we had switched over to another text channel so that “first season” is abandoned. As a result, we forgot to remove it and that’s totally on us.

That same person was also the one most notorious for joining calls to call people slurs over interrupting rolls or stealing a wish (which is cringe). The renaming of the bot is also cringe, I’m aware.

Nobody in the group was actively claiming Loli characters and most of us disabled them on our own. I personally used that bot as a way to just collect favorite characters from anime or manga I enjoy, but I can understand the concern from someone who hasn’t seen it used before.

The best case of action going forward is to close and deny this thread as it’s quite obvious it will not be approved, move forward and try and better ourselves. Trying to go at each other is not productive nor helpful except for furthering the divide.
smh my head
(04-16-2024, 10:09 AM)Battons Wrote: Alright, then I am formally requesting your resignation for being involved in perpetrating and encouraging the false accusations of pedophilia against me, as I directly know you were involved in that behavior inside of Reina’s discord with you, her, and Wende. Thank you.
So much for not making wild accusations with no evidence
I'm in Reina's discord and chat there occasionally, but I rarely interact with wende directly, and there was certainly no "perpetrating and encouraging" of false accusations. I think you need to take a step back and realize this sort of overblown response to criticism is exactly the kind of drama oriented overreactions the criticism is about, among other things.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Can we keep the focus on Dongs app and not reliving the past for the 15th time this week, thank you.

+1, he's not as good as HONG but he's good enough.
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
(04-16-2024, 10:45 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 10:09 AM)Battons Wrote: Alright, then I am formally requesting your resignation for being involved in perpetrating and encouraging the false accusations of pedophilia against me, as I directly know you were involved in that behavior inside of Reina’s discord with you, her, and Wende. Thank you.
So much for not making wild accusations with no evidence
I'm in Reina's discord and chat there occasionally, but I rarely interact with wende directly, and there was certainly no "perpetrating and encouraging" of false accusations. I think you need to take a step back and realize this sort of overblown response to criticism is exactly the kind of drama oriented overreactions the criticism is about, among other things.

And where was this when those things were being levied against me? I don’t trust you to make unbiased decisions, you are not fit to be an admin.
Proper joined my friends discord uninvited and unwanted in an attempt to dig into the false accusations herself. Some unhinged lunatic found my friends twitter account and DMd her to try and convince her I was evil. Oh wait I know what you were doing, sniffing around other discords you aren’t a moderator in to fuel petty arguements that don’t matter.
BUT THIS? THIS IS SUDDENLY SO MUCH THAT YOU NEED TO RESPOND???? You are one of the worst admins I’ve ever had the displeasure of associating with on dinklebergs TTT fast download staff needed.
i feel like its getting forgotten that this is an open staff app...
(04-16-2024, 11:09 AM)Battons Wrote: Proper joined my friends discord uninvited and unwanted in an attempt to dig into the false accusations herself.

I’ve seen you and a few of your friends say that I’ve done this in an attempt to harass this girl, but you guys didn’t notice I even joined until an hour after I left. I never reached out to anyone, including her. Furthermore, her discord is public due to her profession, and I also had no way of knowing her feelings about me/being blocked by her. I was trying to verify on my own that what I believed to be true was correct, and the moment I got that information, I left. If someone contacted her, it wasn’t because I encouraged them to. You can keep saying I was trying to harass her all you want, but I went out of my way to not disturb her.
(04-16-2024, 09:41 AM)Jammin Wrote: Also I think dong is owed an apology for being accused of hosting pedophilic content on his server

i think the screenshot of the word "loli" showing up in his server 1600 times shows that he is not owed an apology for being accused of that.

i dont appreciate the claim that my server encouraged false pedophilia accusations, we have barely mentioned your name. hyperlinking to avoid filling up the page with an iphone screenshot.
Could this either be closed for web staff to decide or just everyone give their inputs on them? This has turned into a back and forth argument…JFC.
???????? ??????
Hey Dong,

Your application is Denied. In the application announcement I said that team dynamics would be a significant factor and it is very clear that you would not fit in well with the web staff team/working closely with the upper staff. I do want to acknowledge your experience as a two-time TTT Admin, the privileges Admin have/had on the forums, your overall staffing experience, community activity, and time in this community. On a surface level, this makes you a good fit for Web Staff and I thought so myself initially. But after much more thought on things I had in my back of my mind, I realized there were deeper outstanding issues that are incompatible with a community-wide position currently - primarily these team dynamics and lack of trust in judgment at the moment.

---------------------------------
Now that is out of the way I want to add my thoughts on the debate happening (in general terms, this is not aimed at anyone specifically, to clarify). I know people like to say stuff/behavior that happens outside the community discord and game servers itself shouldn't count in these types of discussions. I've always thought that was ridiculous since it really does speak to behaviors and character. Not to beat a dead horse, but the premise of "Addressing Toxicity" was toxic groups (Perhaps in a way that could've been handled differently) that constantly heavily shit-talked, harassed, excused toxic/creepy behaviors, and sexual harassment. Five years later, we have come full circle and the shit same is still happening. It is honestly pathetic. People in this community at the time did not realize it was a problem, rather bashing the Admin team at the time. Some of those same people enabled the problem or were part of it. The comments were already said, so I will spare an essay restating that. It is devastating to see evidence here of personal attacks, slurs, "loli" content, and overall negative environments. At best, the evidence shows overlooked or neglected addressing of inappropriate behaviors. At worst, participation, enabling, or excusing those behaviors and contents (all of which are nearly equally bad as the preceding one). Saying that some people in this community do these things or that community is toxic cesspool is not an understatement. Please, Dinklebergs GMod, grow up.