Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: Steam Scam
So I was just playing CS with a friend of mine and my friend encountered a hack/scam which eventually led to him giving a scammer $200+ worth of items.
  • A random guy force-added him and impersonated valve
  • They then changed his entire steam profile and got into his account and shared all of his personal information to him - address/card number/etc
  • They blocked all of his friends
  • They then started selling off skins in his inventory (You can sell items that are under $1)
  • In a panic, he attempted to trade those items to me and OK'd it through steam guard. 

Sadly, that account was not me it was a completely spoofed account. Literally perfect replica of my account. Once traded, it was all gone. 
Aside from all the drama or other bullshit, I don't want any of you to succumb to this scam, it was genuinely one of the most intricate scams I have seen before. 

Be careful and remember no items can leave your account unless you OK it through steam guard. Don't panic if it does happen to you just allow the scammer to take over and then take steps to regain access through steam itself.

be careful kings and queens and anyone in betweens don't get scammed
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
just don't believe people who say they're steam it's that simple
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(04-25-2024, 09:06 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: just don't believe people who say they're steam it's that simple

yes thank you. 

Figuring out that the person saying they were from valve wasn't actually wasn't the difficult part of the scam. Just practice being safe online smh.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
That is the most intricate scam I have ever heard of wow. Sucks that your friend lost out on that amount of money, and I really hope this does not happen to anyone else. Stay safe ppl
(04-25-2024, 09:11 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 09:06 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: just don't believe people who say they're steam it's that simple

yes thank you. 

Figuring out that the person saying they were from valve wasn't actually wasn't the difficult part of the scam. Just practice being safe online smh.
He’s a grown man, don’t give him stranger danger lessons like he’s a 9 year old
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(04-25-2024, 09:55 PM)proper Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 09:32 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote:

yes thank you. 

just cant help yourself huh
They don’t call me “Champion Shitposter” for nothing
hi io'm valve

yes thank you. 

Hey @Dildo Shwaggins,

Don't listen to Proper on this one. As soon as I read your comment, I was rolling on the floor laughing for at least ten minutes. Legiterally the funniest thing I've seen today. I had to show everyone I know because it was just that funny.

Another thing I really like is eating big bowls of my own shit. There's nothing I like more in this world. I pop a squat over the biggest bowl I own as soon as I wake up every morning, and continue to fill it throughout the day. I can't get enough. When I come home at night, I can't wait to chow down on my big bowl of liquid human feces. There's nothing sexual about it, I just love the way it tastes and makes my breath smell afterwards. You should try it sometime!

Warm regards,
茶 Tea
Resident t-mod of Dinkleberg's TTT
[Image: fBz8ezO.png]   
(04-25-2024, 10:45 PM)茶 Tea Wrote:

yes thank you. 

Hey @Dildo Shwaggins,

Don't listen to Proper on this one. As soon as I read your comment, I was rolling on the floor laughing for at least ten minutes. Legiterally the funniest thing I've seen today. I had to show everyone I know because it was just that funny.

Another thing I really like is eating big bowls of my own shit. There's nothing I like more in this world. I pop a squat over the biggest bowl I own as soon as I wake up every morning, and continue to fill it throughout the day. I can't get enough. When I come home at night, I can't wait to chow down on my big bowl of liquid human feces. There's nothing sexual about it, I just love the way it tastes and makes my breath smell afterwards. You should try it sometime!

Warm regards,
茶 Tea
Excellent shitpost, thank you
(04-25-2024, 10:55 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 10:45 PM)茶 Tea Wrote:

yes thank you. 

Hey @Dildo Shwaggins,

Warm regards,
茶 Tea
Excellent shitpost, thank you
I am completely serious, but I do appreciate the pun.
[Image: fBz8ezO.png]