Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's a wonderful idea
Let's stop making new things and fix the stuff we have. 

Let's fix (s)hit boxes and shot registry. (Come on it's been dubbed shit boxes server wide - that should be the first red flag to give it some attention)
In the past few weeks i've both landed, and watched others land, headshots (mostly on afks) that did either actual 0 damage, or fuck all for damage at most. Blood on the wall, side of their face, whole shebang. 
Clearest example being when I shot @elma_montt in the head, with a bullshite, point blank range, in front of 5 people, while elma was afk. Then we all sat in astonishment as they took 0 damage. Then I proceeded to unload 6 bullshite shots into their foot. Still no damage. 

That's not including the times i've been unloading a clip only to watch my bullet count go back up a few ticks because the shots didn't register to the server let alone the hitboxes. But that's a salt post for another time. 

It's becoming worse and entirely unplayable at times. 
I've tried aiming for the nape of the neck
Dead center back of the skull
Top o' the dome
Nose
Jaw
Between the eyes
Shit I even shot some one directly in the ear at a health station and asked "Can your hear me now? Good."
^ They then turned over and shot me in the face for 't-baiting'. 

There's no "magic sweet spot" for registry. It just point blank does what ever the sodded hell it pleases it at that moment in time. 
Oh and god the actual fuck forbid you line up a head shot when some one is connecting. HA, OH GOD AHAHA. 

We can add as many bells and whistles as we'd like to spruce up the place. 
New maps, guns, rules, skins, etc.
But none of it helps if the game it's self is inherently broken. 
Let's focus on the core and not the surface.
It's like character development really "It's better to have an interesting character and let the internet add boobs."
Well the interest is the literal workings of this game, and the boobs are the skins that keep getting tweaked added or removed for "hit box reasons" but never seem to fix any "hit box related" issues. 

Sincerely
    Some one who would rather get killed because he actually missed the head shot, than get killed because the head shot he landed got a lay over on it's flight in from Chicago and missed the meeting. 

P.s. If it's impossible. What ever. I wasted my breath. Shit happens.
If it's not and no-one feels like addressing it? Point me in the direction I can go to learn how to do it my self. Because goodness know's i'll take the time to save my self and everyone else a headache and rage quit.

Tldr: fix the hit boxes or tell me what I need to learn, practice, and research to do it my self.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
tbh it has to be a thing with the skins. im sure if everyone used the default skin we wouldnt have these problems. either the boxes need to be reworked or skins need to be removed.
And if that's the case. Then I will sit on my ass for 48 hours playing with every skin I can possibly download till I find consistent ones.
How ever I still feel that it has not yielded any results playing around with these skins. :|
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
(08-06-2017, 07:29 PM)matfellowjan Wrote: tbh it has to be a thing with the skins. im sure if everyone used the default skin we wouldnt have these problems. either the boxes need to be reworked or skins need to be removed.

That won't happen because "MUH SKINZ!!!!"

Soo.... that means the mods will have to rework the hitboxes, but you never know. The server was vanilla 2 years ago. Removing skins is a quick solution if they are messing with the hitboxes.
[Image: source.gif]
I would love for the server to get some fixes instead of more dumb shitty skins and overpowered weapons being added. But since the on;y people who can do anything server wise for TTT is Dink since we lost are dev team a little while ago.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
^ Maybe it's time for a "training seminar" for aspiring and upcoming dev team members.
Also @"~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat ♣♣" is a downvote your equivalent of an upvote? Sort of confused on which to click ;P
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
This has nothing to do with the server. Garrysmod has always had this problem. Don't be dumbo
To elaborate on what foxka said, it's due to how hitscan registery works in source. I won't tell you how it works, i  recommend looking it up; but know that the netcode is one of the worst designed abominations to ever exist.
(08-07-2017, 11:54 AM)Foxka Wrote: This has nothing to do with the server. Garrysmod has always had this problem. Don't be dumbo

Like I said silly FoxInTheFall. If i'm wrong oh well. Wasted my breath. It happens :P. 

But if not I'd of never known if I didn't ask.

(08-07-2017, 03:01 PM)Jerald Wrote: To elaborate on what foxka said, it's due to how hitscan registery works in source. I won't tell you how it works, i  recommend looking it up; but know that the netcode is one of the worst designed abominations to ever exist.

But to be clear. There is nothing a non garry's mod specific dev could do to change this?
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
Look, gmod itself is pretty bad, but it doesn't help that we are force feeding it and this server garbage. There are definently things that can be done to fix a lot of these problems. Server i use to play on the owner custom coded 100% of it (except the base TTT gamemode but he definently did some stuff to it) Although he is a pretty intense pretty much professional coder who worked on his server and community for years. Fixed shitboxes to, it was great. But really there are things that can be done, #1 is just going through the server and fixing things instead of adding more things.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^