Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An outdated rule.
I like how you put it SUS, if you get a week ban you will go find other stuff to do, versus serving multiple slays before being able to join again. I like that idea alot. +1 on that.
After viewing all the points on the matter, and looking at how the community handles rdm and leafs and the unban section of the forums, @"SusAF" has a point. There are hundreds of other TTT servers people can go to if they get hit with a week ban and then they never return here. We've all seen players that join the server and get slayed as they have a rdm and leaf slay attached to them from a month to a year ago. It'd be best to let them back onto the server so that they can serve it. If 1 week is too harsh but upper staff wants a punishment for leaving, make it a day ban.

Also, to counter what @DaKody brought up about putting off the slay by not coming around, if they get banned for a week and just move on to another TTT server, its still not going to be fair to the player they killed because now they definitely won't return to fulfill the slay.
Hey dumbos they still have to serve the slay when they come back
I'm a bit torn when it comes to this issue. Sometimes, those who have an autoslay have to leave. They can ask a mod, who may or may not be in a shitty mood. If they're told to piss off, they end up disconnecting and are then banned for a week. Usually, those who are understanding and even-tempered get unbanned or a reduced ban if they create an appeal. The moderators/admins of the server then decide whether or not to unban them. This is a tedious process, IMO, and SusAF's resolution seems to work in theory. However, I think letting malevolent RDM'ers go with a slap on the wrist sucks, especially for law-abiding players. There's nothing put in place to essentially punish them for being grade-A asshats, and I see a problem in that.

RDM'ers who are banned for a week end up migrating to some other server and perhaps might not come back because they end up seeing that there are coherent moderators who are doing their jobs. Conversely, RDM'ers who simply have to serve another slay without being banned end up RDM'ing again, because they'll see the server as a joke that takes RDM'ing lightly, which it doesn't.

After weighing in your resolutions carefully, I have to respectfully dissent. I think banning RDM'ers for a week is an appropriate punishment for what might be considered a felony in the realm of TTT. To some, it might be an extreme punishment, but letting people who RDM and disconnect--simply to avoid their punishment--go with a slay is far too paltry of a punishment.
[Image: source.gif]