Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An outdated rule.
It has come to my attention that the ruling of a 1 week ban being the norm for an RDM and leaf is an outdated and archaic rule. Which was made in a day where a slay would reset if one were to leave. Because we've since fixed this issue I would like to propose a diminished punishment on the matter.

If i'm being frank, the forums are cluttered with RDM and leaf reports. Some one which valid, some of which against individuals who were ignorant of the rule. On top of that it's just a tedious affair for the graveyard shift staff who are bound to be filing a ban req damn near every round. I understand: you chose the responsibility. How ever that does not exempt the fact that we're all players here as well and would like to enjoy as much in game time as possible between staffing duties. 

I would like to propose that we change it from a 1 week ban, to a simple addition of slays. 
+1(or 2) slay(s) per slay un-served.

This would considerably mitigate forum clutter. As well give a relief to those who spend more time filling out ban request than they do actually playing. 
While yes, posts would still need to be made while staff is not currently on the server.
This would allow Trusted and T-mods to handle such reports and as well cut down on the things higher staff personally need to handle. 
Leaving them more room and time to focus on important matters (HIT, FUCKING, BOXES). 

I understand how some of you may look at this and feel it will not have the same impact.
How ever for those who think they can simply leave again, and again, and again. 
These slays will continue to add up. 
While it will not be a week. If you continue to dodge these slays I am sure it could easily add up to hundreds of slays.

If you're online, add the slays with a reasoning "leaf w/ slay (date/time/# of slays).
If you are handling them from a report; simply respond "handled" or something of the sort so other individuals are aware the slays are added and do not overlap them.

While a 1 week ban is generally met with just finding a new server.
I feel making them physically wait, in game, watching everyone enjoy them selves:
Would have a far greater impact on how people conduct them selves.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
+1

I don't play TTT anymore, but I've been against this policy since the first time I played on the server.

http://dinklebergsttt.enjin.com/forum/m/...t-rule-ttt
http://dinklebergsttt.enjin.com/mobile/f...leave-bans

Sorry nopleez, but I got you beat. Doctor Not (alt account of mine), suggested this in June 2015. As a moderator at the time, it wasn't a smart viewpoint to share publicly.

Anyways, being a staff member for a long time, I'm not the biggest fan of RDM and leave bans. Though I'll report them as it's my duty, I think it's smarter to just ban trolls and mass RDMers rather than RDM and leavers.

This is the reasoning I used 2 years ago - "So if someone has a slay on them and they decide to leave, they get banned.

If they return, then they still have to serve the slay. So why ban them?

It just seems counterproductive to ban people when no matter what if they return, they will still have to serve a slay.

The current rule doesn't even make people stay the whole round when they get slayed so what difference does it make?

If they have the slay put on them before they leave, they shouldn't get banned.

If they haven't had the slay added before they leave then you guys should add the thingy which allows for auto-slays so they will still have to serve them when they return. Or if you don't want to add it, then only ban in this circumstance if they leave."

At this time, we now have the auto slay thingy I mentioned so it just makes this idea work so much better. Even if they dip, the slay can still be added just as easily.
Frankly i'm not concerned about voicing an unpopular opinion.
If you don't speak up, nothing changes, nothing improves.
N' by no means am I going to kiss ass by putting up and shutting up :P.
We're adults (or at least share a mutual level of maturity.).
If we're not capable of opening a dialog on a matter then there is something inherently and genuinely wrong with how this server works.
So thank you both for speaking on this.

ASlay is a wonderful mechanic in which we should take fuller advantage of
As well like i've said again, and again, and again. Bans should be a LAST RESORT or used in EXTREME CASES.
Mass RDM, constant targeting/rdm, ghosting, hacking, botting.
But leaving with a slay by no means is an "extreme case".
In fact the ability to recognize when you're being overwhelmed and logging off rather than staying and causing more problems should be merited in our community.
While we should not allow slay dodges, because well .. like the last thread you posted stated "Actions have consequences".
But on the matter of carrying into real life.
You don't get a week in jail for stealing a damn candy bar.
Minor infractions yield minor consequences.
Unless in an otherwise dictatorial nation.
Something i'd like to believe we as a server, do our best not to mirror.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
Shoutout to when 25sea09 the Prime Minster of Dinkleberg's TTT said this.
I've been saying this should be a day ban at most since 99% of the time we just unban them when they appeal anyway.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
The ban is the punishment for leaving to avoid/ prolong a slay. Its not fair for the person whos round you ruined that then you get to leave not have to deal with his punishment. If i murder someone and say, oh ill serve my 20 to life, just let e put it off like 10 years or so. Thats not how it works.
[Image: cFcBPPs.jpg]
@DaKody

So then how is it fair to an individual if I just go spend the week on another server? Still playing the entire week.
If we're comparing this to murder and a 20 year sentence. It's like saying "Well, you done killed some one. You now get to choose what country you'd like to live in as a free man for 20 years. Then come back, help an old lady across the street, and you're clear.".

By no means am I saying let them off free.
But we should make it a more direct punishment in which you need to be present for.
Even if you afk all of those slays. Guess what you're not doing?
Playing TTT.

Shoot if I get hit with a week?
I'm just going to go play literally any of the other 30 something games I own.
~~STILL ENJOY MY SELF ALL WEEK~~.
Come back and serve one slay.
Then keep on keeping on.

As apposed to being forced to serve out multiple slays on return when ever that may be should I want to continue playing on this server.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
It also helps us flag people with shitty attitudes, if you can't keep composer in an unban request that has a 99.99% chance to be unbanned, and throw a shitty attitude into it, then you aren't getting unbanned. That and now we know you need to be watched for having a bad attitude.
Was speaking less on the unban request; and more knowing when it's time to log off so you don't ruin your own playtime or anyone else's :P.

But I do see the idea of it being a demerit mark on your account being useful (insert thinking emoji because the forum hates me)
Keeps people from flying under the radar.

Just feel we're too quick to throw bans at everything and should explore other more effective or otherwise different options.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod