Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry's Resignation
Christian, everything you have done for the server and the community means a lot to us all. If you feel this is the right decision so be it. Go on about your life and things you need to do, see you again when I do. :)
RIP Berryman, you’ll still always be #notmyadmin
Well now I get to go eat dinner sad
This will be weird now that you're not staff
Off the top of my head that makes you the first staff as STAFF (excluding some tmods that left for reasons) that I actually knew to resign

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
wtf dawg, u were doing fine
You were the greatest Teacher ever, Thank you Strawberry, See you on the flip side.
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
Much love Christian, I hope you're happier now than you were as staff, I loved your support for me and others and I hope it doesn't stop
[Image: giphy.gif]
You were easily one of the best staff members we've ever had, sad to see you leave the staff team. I'm happy that you'll still be in the community though! You'll always be one of my favorites on the server--  and a friend that I trust and respect, love ya chrissy ^^

#ChristianIsAStrawberry  Heart
Thanks for always helping me strive to be a better staff member (though I've been going insane recently) and I hope for the best for you when you hang out with us
I had to take a break from staffing and gmod in general. I can say safely that it was a great decission of mine. I feel very refreashed. Honestly shit can just get to you after a bit and its good to take a break.
I believe a lot of it is fatigue. He already plays a ton and does tons of reports but a lot of times he was playing messenger for the group closing threads reporting the approvals and disapproval and also receiving the flack for those. And because hes one of the most active staff members in game he gets the flack when someone dosn't vote or they are waiting on someone and needs to make excuses.

A few times ive seen him say "dont shoot the messenger" when he tries to explain why something it taking so long or why something is happening.

At my work the managers, when they want mandatory overtime, they will rotate who gives out the email.
They have team leads do it or rotate amonigst themselves. I mean who is going to like the manger that always says you need to do an hour of OT every night.

The opposite is also true you dont want someone that only gives out good news. they make the rest of the group look bad by comparison.

That's one practice i want to see the admins start doing. Rotating the good and bad news messengers.
Your reputation as a group will improve and you wont wear out the "newbie" .... and yes you have been having the new admins answer and lock threads. make it look more like the whole group is active and have random people answer nd lock. I see dakoda starting to do this now. and the cycle continues.

And when you have an issue that is controversial and has 15 pages of comments going back and forth. Get your best wordsmith and make just one announcement as some of you have more tact than others and are better equipped to answer the big questions even if its an answer from the whole group. Look at it from everyone's angle and word things like peoples opinions matter. Like i always said its not what you say its how you say it. And I'm sorry when a few of you have an extreme opinion about a subject it comes out bad, or sarcastic or unprofessional and fuels it more leaving someone else to try to do PR damage recovery. Everyone loses their cool some times no one is perfect but when you act as a group you end up with someone suffering over your comments trying to either draw attention away or fixing it or sticking strictly to facts leaving no room for their opinion because you sucked the air out of the room. You could invoke a policy where when a thread reaches a certain amount of pages and becomes a serious PR concern, you could require to have a quick one on one admin peer review of your post prior to posting since you represent the group not just yourself.

You also need to fix the vote issue so online admins dont get harassed about an unanswered unban request. Either skip them for being absent or appoint someone or a group to fill the vacant vote.
Have admins assign a retainer if they are absent or get the mods involved or use a random name generator in a call and pick an online mod to give the final answer. You could even use a default oanswer in a tiebreaker where a tie either loses or wins by default. I just gave you a ton of ways to resolve the issue. You need to do something because.....

....When you are absent for a vote the person who gets punished is the one whos on the most. While you might not be able to change the circumstances for your leave of absence there are consequences that you dont feel Just remember that.

I have more little tidbits of advice on how to reduce admin fatigue but right now im just crushed by his resignation.