Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry's Resignation
Aww. At least you aren't leaving all together! Hopefully this will help with your stress levels! At the end of the day you have to look out for you first.
I wish you the best of luck. Your impact on this community as staff shows, and will continue to do so. Your impact on me when I first joined here will be one I never forget and how you've helped me. Thanks for everything and look forward to seeing you when Im around.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
i wish you the best of luck, whatever you wanna do is fine. Stay safe, you've done to much for this community and yes i feel you need a good break. Keep safe my friend.
If there is anything you wanna get on, make sure it's not my bad side.

[Image: cool-wallpapers-25185-3585291.jpg]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My man... done resign before I could... It is weird, I have looked up to ya mate. When I was seriously considering resigning you were one of the reasons I didnt... and now you've done resigned... IDK what to say really. (BTW I aint resigning anytime soon, I've not reached that point in a while)

Happy to have been a fellow staff member lad, thanks for all you have done. I'll look forward to a purple strawberry instead of a red one...
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
A great role model and inspiration for everyone.

Endured our shit for a long time, good to see him making a choice for himself.

Thank you for all the security you've given to us, Christian.
Pandas are cute as hell, don't you forget that.

[Image: x1iAjZQ.gif]

[Image: 76561198228770820.png]
Damn it's gonna be weird to not see you as an admin. But if you feel this is the best choice for you so be it. At least now you can play for fun again and maybe you'll come onto prop hunt sometimes. The knives are fucking sick, you can ask @matt_st3 (Strongrule) for conformation.
[Image: 29fedd6540458d71f84a4748e017eaa0.png]
so will I
Gonna miss you as a staff as you were a top 10% of good staff members but glad you are still here so see ya on later.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
I go out of town for two days and this is what I see when I get back? Staff fatigue is a real thing and one of the reasons why I took a break too. You just get tired of handling reports and playing GMod all day every day. Take the time you need and only come back when you’re ready to come back. Your departure will leave a pretty noticeable hole in the server, but your work will not go unforgotten and in vain. Thank you for your service, Christian. Good luck and Godspeed.
(12-24-2017, 05:43 AM)EpicGuy Wrote: I go out of town for two days and this is what I see when I get back? Staff fatigue is a real thing and one of the reasons why I took a break too. You just get tired of handling reports and playing GMod all day every day. Take the time you need and only come back when you’re ready to come back. Your departure will leave a pretty noticeable hole in the server, but your work will not go unforgotten and in vain. Thank you for your service, Christian. Good luck and Godspeed.

Fatigue is a real thing.  And i have been hinting towards it being a while now but now im going to be blunt.
I'm suffering it really bad now myself but i push on.

I am in a position where i cannot resign even if i wanted to. We have a couple people who might have the skill level to take over the sql and backend...
I wish i had an apprentice. But i don't see the capacity needed to keep up with the task because they have other responsibilities or lives of those who i would choose.

Every night i review the server logs for suspicious activity.
im talking about every single connection made.

I talking 2 to 60 Megabytes of text.  Line by line.

You dont know.  i review dozens of logs a night. 
I'm not a security expert, I'm a well rounded jack of all computer trades master of none.   
But i can at least spot something and perform the common knowledge steps before anything goes out of control and protect the server the best i can.

[Image: log_directory.png]

I cant do a report anymore if i play. and i know im expected to. Unless its extremely blatant or he admits it really hurts my head. I got enough to think about right now.
Thats one reason why im afraid to join.   I just cant handle reports anymore.
I genuinely wish i had my own rank.   Something that not expected to handle reports if im not feeling up to it.
If i am  Great  then ill do it  but the moderator rank has a strong responsibility to finish reports and ban.   and i just want to play right now.
Check in with people   make friends    thats all.

however
I also feel like i deserve a rank or title that fits my current responsibilities without the restrictions of not being able to handle reports or ban if im up to it.
And i dont want that makes me feel like any less of a member.

If an admin or owner sees my request  please give it a consideration and if you agree be creative..  Release me of my responsibility requirement to handle reports because otherwise i feel bad and people moan so i dont join.

But christian i am going to continue to try to find ways to prevent fatigue for others in the future.
I promise that even your resignation which seems like a grim loss to many of us now.... will result in changes for the better of the server because I am going to fight for changes even if they seem small now WE will improve evolve and make it better and hopefully you will notice and choose to return.