Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry's Resignation
(12-25-2017, 05:52 PM)A Fish Wrote: Fatigue is a real thing.  And i have been hinting towards it being a while now   but now im going to be blunt.  
I'm suffering it really bad now myself but i push on.

I am in a position where i cannot resign even if i wanted to.  We have a couple people who might have the skill level to take over the sql and backend...
I wish i had an apprentice.  But i don't see the capacity needed to keep up with the task because they have other responsibilities or lives of those who i would choose.

Every night i review the server logs for suspicious activity.
im talking about every single connection made.

I talking 2 to 60 Megabytes of text.  Line by line.

You dont know.  i review dozens of logs a night. 
I'm not a security expert,  I'm a well rounded jack of all computer trades   master of none.   
But i can at least spot something and perform the common knowledge steps before anything goes out of control and protect the server the best i can.

[Image: log_directory.png]

I cant do a report anymore if i play. and i know im expected to.  Unless its extremely blatant or he admits   it really hurts my head.   I got enough to think about right now.
Thats one reason why im afraid to join.   I just cant handle reports anymore.
I genuinely wish i had my own rank.   Something that not expected to handle reports if im not feeling up to it.
If i am  Great  then ill do it  but the moderator rank has a strong responsibility to finish reports and ban.   and i just want to play right now.
Check in with people   make friends    thats all.

however
I also feel like i deserve a rank or title that fits my current responsibilities without the restrictions of not being able to handle reports or ban if im up to it.
And i dont want that makes me feel like any less of a member.

If an admin or owner sees my request  please give it a consideration and if you agree be creative..  Release me of my responsibility requirement to handle reports because otherwise i feel bad and people moan so i dont join.

But christian i am going to continue to try to find ways to prevent fatigue for others in the future.
I promise that even your resignation which seems like a grim loss to many of us now....  will result in changes for the better of the server because I am going to fight for changes even if they seem small now WE will improve   evolve and make it better and hopefully you will notice and choose to return.

JuuJuu a while ago had the rank Server Manager. I think everything was fine and he resigned from his position and we haven’t had one since. I don’t think he abused or anything, but I think that rank is exactly what you’re talking about. I can’t find the original thread but I know it’s somewhere on the legacy forums
juujuu was banned lowkey by dink because it was a time where the staff were rebelling
Itsn not like its classified you can look it up if you wanted. it was just an unannounced ban unlike mushroomz.

He was making comments that while were not extreme enough to really be banned could have caused cascade events of additional staff leaving.

Dink was also suffering from the vermillion event at that moment and probably did not know what to do to end the drama.

juujuu PROBABLY dosnt even know he was banned because he genuinely wanted to stop.
The ban was actually completely unnecessary because he flat out does not want anything more to do with this server.
he dosnt even read the forums or talk to people. i force him to keep me in his friends list.

I have no problem with juujuu he said what he said and it came from the heart.

So no harm no foul. If he ever returned he would need to undergo some serious talks most likely in private. We dont need to get involved. its a personal and private thing between the owner and him and probably could be repaired easily if desired since the rest of the server staff are not involved. no need to get others opinions.
(12-25-2017, 07:09 PM)A Fish Wrote: juujuu was banned   lowkey   by dink   because it was a time where the staff were rebelling
Itsn not like its classified   you can look it up if you wanted.   it was just an unannounced ban unlike mushroomz.

He was making comments that   while were not extreme enough to really be banned   could have caused cascade events of additional staff leaving.

Dink was also suffering from the vermillion event at that moment and probably did not know what to do to end the drama.  

juujuu PROBABLY dosnt even know he was banned because he genuinely wanted to stop.
The ban was actually completely unnecessary because he flat out does not want anything more to do with this server.
he dosnt even read the forums or talk to people.   i force him to keep me in his friends list.

I have no problem with juujuu   he said what he said and it came from the heart.

So no harm  no foul.  If he ever returned    he would need to undergo some serious talks   most likely in private.   We dont need to get involved.  its a personal and private thing between the owner and him and probably could be repaired easily if desired since the rest of the server staff are not involved.   no need to get others opinions.

I know JuuJuu disassociated himself with the server. I was suggesting giving you the rank, assuming that’s something that you wanted.
(12-25-2017, 07:30 PM)EpicGuy Wrote:
(12-25-2017, 07:09 PM)A Fish Wrote: juujuu was banned   lowkey   by dink   because it was a time where the staff were rebelling
Itsn not like its classified   you can look it up if you wanted.   it was just an unannounced ban unlike mushroomz.

He was making comments that   while were not extreme enough to really be banned   could have caused cascade events of additional staff leaving.

he dosnt even read the forums or talk to people.   i force him to keep me in his friends list.

I have no problem with juujuu   he said what he said and it came from the heart.

So no harm  no foul.  If he ever returned    he would need to undergo some serious talks   most likely in private.   We dont need to get involved.  its a personal and private thing between the owner and him and probably could be repaired easily if desired since the rest of the server staff are not involved.   no need to get others opinions.

I know JuuJuu disassociated himself with the server. I was suggesting giving you the rank, assuming that’s something that you wanted.

I know   but  Its important to learn from others experience

I am actually going to ask him right now for an opinion.
What could have prevented him from leaving.

Since if you are going to go as far as to suggest his former rank   
then i require his opinion so the past doesn't repeat.
Wouldn't you agree that would be the most responsible thing to do?

We need to learn from the past so that we grow and learn.
Evolve as a server.
(12-25-2017, 07:51 PM)A Fish Wrote: I know   but  Its important to learn from others experience

I am actually going to ask him right now for an opinion.
What could have prevented him from leaving.

Since if you are going to go as far as to suggest his former rank   
then i require his opinion so the past doesn't repeat.
Wouldn't you agree that would be the most responsible thing to do?

We need to learn from the past so that we grow and learn.
Evolve as a server.
That’s fair, and the server should evolve. I did some digging and found this: http://dinklebergsttt.enjin.com/forum/m/...on-leaving
Maybe that can shed some light.

Oh, sorry for hijacking this thread Christian
Sad to see you resign from staff since you were a good one and I watched you work your way up from Trusted over the past couple years. Although just playing the game can be more enjoyable sometimes, and also spending more time doing things in real life. I respect the decision and thank you for being staff for the past 2 years.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
Never trust a queef, or a strawberry
Having retiring from a staff position and departing the server for awhile, I feel like I can sort of commiserate with you. You, of course, were a much better staff member than me, but that’s besides the point. Being staff (and very active staff at that) really does start to wear you down. It makes it impossible to just relax, joke, and just feel like a normal player. I know it sounds whiny to complain about fatigue for a staff position on a Gmod server, but honestly, that’s what it is.

Christian, I’ve enjoyed playing with you these past few months. Please stay active in the community and don’t leave like I did. A major regret of mine was leaving Dink’s for so long. Enjoy the carefree position of just being a normal player.

See you on the server!