Poll: DarkRP and Dr
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Get the server active
50.00%
6 50.00%
Ignore server
50.00%
6 50.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make DarkRP great again
so @Cype and I have been active on DR since the beginning of winter break, and the server has become fairly popular, this is only to the extent that there generally has to be one person to get more to join. this means that the #1way to restart both DR and DarkRP would just to have someone join it from the other servers. personally the DR server has had some major improvements and the Jump pack isn't immediately unlockable meaning it ins't super broken. i havent even gotten to use it yet as gaining points is actually quite slow on DR nor have i ever seen anyone with it. main fact is, you people need to hop onto the periphery servers if we have any chance of reviving them. cype and I cant always be on DR same goes for moderate and erotic, they cant always be on DarkRP
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
Maybe a flood server??? A decent sandbox server could be fun. I will gladly help with the addon process since i am an avid builder and sandboxer. I guess we could have another rp server. But they always end up the same. Waiting around for something to happen, some admion to come on and spawn NPCs everywhere. A military or starwars rp that is more freeform could be cool, were there are teams that just mess about and shoot eachother. With events still going on.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
Alright. I'll get into this. I am about to say this, Tronald is right with needed other servers involvement. I can also help with this by being more advertising of DR/DarkRP on the PH server. You can't force others to play a game mode they don't like though it becomes a chore, and isn't enjoyable which often makes them resentful.

First: You need a dedicated non-toxic staff team that is willing to deal with all issues possible fairly. (Not saying the current bunch is toxic, but I really don't know you guys even though I am a trusted there myself.)

Second: You need a Mod+ that can be active throughout main traffic hours. The Mod+ must be at their best to be welcoming, inviting to the server, inviting the people to the discord, and talking them into introducing themselves on the forums. A main important thing to keep in mind is a lot about first impressions. If people are nice and welcoming they will want to come back and maybe even bring friends. This is very tedious, and will require a person to be very patient.

Third: Your "server babysitting" group needs to be more family friendly then troll-like while still amusing the users. Also at the same time understanding how others feel, knowing how to view the server in the eyes of brand new users. You will honestly have to give almost special treatment to new people, letting them base with you, helping them get guns and other things of their interests at least until it gets its own following/regular user-base. Staff must be VERY strict against any form of trolling/abuse etc and make sure all people follow the rules while being treated fairly. Otherwise non-toxic people who want to play and enjoy their time will leave. Do not build a toxic community otherwise it will tear itself apart.

(01-11-2018, 10:33 AM)kev222 Wrote: So since DR and DarkRP are died we should all play DarkRP for 1 hour to try to bring back a died server

As others have said, it will take much more then just an hour to keep the server going, and much more then just 5 people.

(01-11-2018, 01:01 PM)kev222 Wrote: If there is enough staff like Travis, Soup, etc... to play DarkRP and DR, and when people see players playing on the server then they can joins. That's how I join the server I saw people playing and join it and saw how cool the server is.

Keep in mind most people aren't dual staffing. They wouldn't have their staff ranks there. Unless you mean just have them there for their personalities. In that case that list could be a lot larger.

(01-11-2018, 02:24 PM)Foxka Wrote: deathrun is more active than DarkRP at this point, if we focus on anything its gonna be that.

I agree with this, if we could get another server going, 3 is better then 2, and we can help the one dead server a lot better. The bigger the community following the better. If we pick up the server already headed there it would be a lot easier.

(01-11-2018, 07:41 PM)kev222 Wrote: If DarkRP does die (as in gets delete) than Dink can get a Star warRP going and the people that were a Mod and up on the DarkRP get the rank on the new server that wouldn't that make the people get interested in the server?

I highly doubt DarkRP will be deleted. This post kinda hit me, DarkRP is fine we literally just need a group willing to be active but as EpicGuy said people get burnt out. You can only play something so much before its not as enjoyable anymore.
Yes Starky, I agree with you 100%, there has been a lack of dedication by all of the darkrp staff, which has been a problem, this weekend I’m willing to spend a majority of my time staffing the DarkRP server with a few other staff if we can have a group going to help increase activity. Scrapping the server all together isn’t gonna help anything, and focuses should be put on all servers, not which one is popular.
DR has a problem. Kenny is in schooling. That makes it hard to add to the gameplay experience for DR, since not many others have the ability to add maps and such to DR. All PS2 stuff can Be added because of ph. Maps through, are why DR is fun. Different maps mean different experiences. After playing a lot of DR maps I got tired of the most popular ones. We need to keep adding maps for DR more than TTT or PH.

The main key to making these servers popular is obviously a stable and active community. People want to play with their friends. It's human nature. I used to be active on DR. That was when Kenny and christian were admins. It was fun, but now Kenny is in schooling and christian resigned from admin. Then staff started to drop and DR was dead. Now it's a bit active again. DR won't grow if it doesn't get a new admin and active mods. All DR mods are staff on TTT. Everyone but 1 DR mod is TTT admin, and most(if not all) TTT admins have jobs. It's hard to have a job and take care of two servers. The only two DR staff that aren't TTT staff are yen and cype. 

Dark RP had more potential in the amount of staff and activity of staff, but the problem it is less played. I think a new map, new staff going over to Dark RP, and consistency of staff active and provide feedback and help to the server. 

This is just my opinion. I hope these two servers can rebound and become more popular.
(01-12-2018, 09:02 AM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: Yes Starky, I agree with you 100%, there has been a lack of dedication by all of the darkrp staff, which has been a problem, this weekend I’m willing to spend a majority of my time staffing the DarkRP server with a few other staff if we can have a group going to help increase activity. Scrapping the server all together isn’t gonna help anything, and focuses should be put on all servers, not which one is popular.

I use to spend like 12 hours+ on DarkRP in PH's down time. It use to pick up people would join..it kept getting hacked etc, the whole get beaned situation happened, and it only went down from there. Sadly... Though I do agree with all servers being worked on. I just feel like Deadpool said, all the higher ups from other servers are busy with jobs, and the ones from PH are busy with schooling. I feel maybe if the lower staff from other servers spent time on the servers needed, and maybe earned staff there dual staffing it could pick up, get its own following and more people interested in being on the staff team. As I said before it is tedious, but if some dedication is shown long enough to let it pick itself up I feel Dr/DarkRP could be really great servers. I started doing new things on the PropHunt server last night, and it really seemed to keep players staying at like 7AM we had 26 people until it crashed..sad times..but the whole, special treatment thing really works. Even though all I did was greet everyone with a colorful bind, invite them to the discord, and mention the forums..just that made people stay, me being actively talking, interacting with the users made them feel welcomed helped them have a bunch of laughs, telling me they would come back. So not only did I give my advice, I test it to make sure it worked. Just general first impressions make huge differences.

(01-12-2018, 11:57 AM)Deadpool Wrote: DR has a problem. Kenny is in schooling. That makes it hard to add to the gameplay experience for DR, since not many others have the ability to add maps and such to DR. All PS2 stuff can Be added because of ph. Maps through, are why DR is fun. Different maps mean different experiences. After playing a lot of DR maps I got tired of the most popular ones. We need to keep adding maps for DR more than TTT or PH.

The main key to making these servers popular is obviously a stable and active community. People want to play with their friends. It's human nature. I used to be active on DR. That was when Kenny and christian were admins. It was fun, but now Kenny is in schooling and christian resigned from admin. Then staff started to drop and DR was dead. Now it's a bit active again. DR won't grow if it doesn't get a new admin and active mods. All DR mods are staff on TTT. Everyone but 1 DR mod is TTT admin, and most(if not all) TTT admins have jobs. It's hard to have a job and take care of two servers. The only two DR staff that aren't TTT staff are yen and cype. 

Dark RP had more potential in the amount of staff and activity of staff, but the problem it is less played. I think a new map, new staff going over to Dark RP, and consistency of staff active and provide feedback and help to the server. 

This is just my opinion. I hope these two servers can rebound and become more popular.

I thought Tronald was staff there? Does he count? He is the only one that is semi-active staff from PH, and also apparently staff there. Idk. I have only been on DR once in the entirety of its creation. Also about the admin thing, you are 100% right it needs a new mod, a new admin something. It needs someone who can be trusted, who can add the maps, the shop content if there is any that can be added and so on. I myself wouldn't mind assisting another server in that situation, because how active my staff is. I think the only rank that can do that is Co-Owner though so most I could do is be a trusted or something (I think).
(01-12-2018, 03:18 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote: I thought Tronald was staff there? Does he count? He is the only one that is semi-active staff from PH, and also apparently staff there. Idk. I have only been on DR once in the entirety of its creation. 
I don't think tronald is staff there. Unless he bought it.
Cype is decently active(via tronald), but yes, DR needs a new Mod+.
former admin2
(01-12-2018, 04:05 PM)Deadpool Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 03:18 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote: I thought Tronald was staff there? Does he count? He is the only one that is semi-active staff from PH, and also apparently staff there. Idk. I have only been on DR once in the entirety of its creation. 
I don't think tronald is staff there. Unless he bought it.
Cype is decently active(via tronald), but yes, DR needs a new Mod+.

Tronald is a tmod there.
(01-12-2018, 06:20 PM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote: Tronald is a tmod there.
I guess he bought it then.
former admin2
yes i bought it, both cype and I are up for promotion if the staff roster stays the same as it is, but it doesn't have to. other people could easily earn staff on the server, it doesn't take much time to earn enough for staff and at the moment its likely you would be accepted quite easily unless people thought there was something seriously wrong with your personality or something
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky