Poll: DarkRP and Dr
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Get the server active
50.00%
6 50.00%
Ignore server
50.00%
6 50.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make DarkRP great again
So since DR and DarkRP are died we should all play DarkRP for 1 hour to try to bring back a died server
I'm the last of my kind. I must train to become stronger, faster, smarter.

[Image: giphy.gif]
While the idea is thoughtful, I don’t think it’d do much good. You’d have to first have enough people on to make it enticing to join one of the servers. You’d then have to have at least one staff member on to staff the server (that one staff member is going to get burned out quickly) and you’d have to have enough players on to keep the server at a popular standing so that others would see the server is buzzing and join. If you manage to accomplish that, you’d have to keep the staff members on regularly and the people coming back to keep the server looking active. If you can’t keep the server running during non-peak hours, you’ve essentially accomplished nothing. If any one of those factors is not met, the server once again falls. Having people play for an hour will not get any of that done, but it might kickstart something. The sentiment is there though.
I have no problem playing on the darkrp server for 12 straight hours if it means we get people on and a chance to turn it around.
If there is enough staff like Travis, Soup, etc... to play DarkRP and DR, and when people see players playing on the server then they can joins. That's how I join the server I saw people playing and join it and saw how cool the server is.

(01-11-2018, 01:01 PM)kev222 Wrote: If there is enough staff like Travis, Soup, etc... to play DarkRP and DR, and when people see players playing on the server then they can joins. That's how I join the server I saw people playing and join it and saw how cool the server is.
Right. You played because others were on. If, say 20, people are on one day and the next day only 5 people are on, the server is not going to have a high retention rate. If people stay on and keep going back, the server would stay populated. I don’t know what happened to the servers (I thought people were playing on them) but obviously people aren’t coming back for one reason or another.
deathrun is more active than DarkRP at this point, if we focus on anything its gonna be that.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Darkrp is no longer at its prime, now a days it's either VRCHAT, MilitaryRp or Starwars Rp, hell even purge to some extent.. Darkrp is super stale its nothing new no matter how many addons you install, nobody will get interested because there isn't nothing new and special of Darkrp, the 3 titles I mentioned give a whole plethora of new roles and roleplaying that a simple vanilla darkrp can never and ever accomplish, My choices is to stop fucking nuking the damn server every 20 seconds or switch to Military or Starswars for a more open and expanded universe.. oh and gotta hope to god someone knows how to run and code that crap.
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
We revived it yesterday for about an hour. It was fun for about 20 minutes but then everyone started leaving. I'd be interested in getting more people on though. I'd be willing to offer some of my time to help.
If DarkRP does die (as in gets delete) than Dink can get a Star warRP going and the people that were a Mod and up on the DarkRP get the rank on the new server that wouldn't that make the people get interested in the server?

(01-11-2018, 02:41 PM)Rodri Wrote: Darkrp is no longer at its prime, now a days it's either VRCHAT, MilitaryRp or Starwars Rp, hell even purge to some extent.. Darkrp is super stale its nothing new no matter how many addons you install, nobody will get interested because there isn't nothing new and special of Darkrp, the 3 titles I mentioned give a whole plethora of new roles and roleplaying that a simple vanilla darkrp can never and ever accomplish, My choices is to stop fucking nuking the damn server every 20 seconds or switch to Military or Starswars for a more open and expanded universe.. oh and gotta hope to god someone knows how to run and code that crap.

Did someone say run and code

Humbly yours,
GIR of the mongoose-dog's loins of scrap & Chief Officer of Corporate Knackwursts
"fix your fucking server squishy" - dakody 2018 murder

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.