Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Slow Motion Round End
While spending my time serving my ban sentence till the 29th, I found myself trying to peek into other TTT servers to see if I can have a little fun while I wait and not play something else. Some servers have been...trashy, with ridiculous looking addons or really annoying mechanics or annoying long list of custom guns, and disturbing player models..However, I've seen some really interesting things while looking around. If some of you remember, we had a Final Shot Cam featured on the server one night for about an hour, and a lot of people were very impressed and liked the feature, however it was removed due to some issues it most likely brought to the server.
       During my time playing on some servers, I noticed some of them featured a type of slow motion moment during the end of the round, enabling people to be in a moment like they are aiming and shooting with a slow motion power up, free to try cool and creative ways to kill people, like if someone wanted to practice doing a kill while falling from high ground, doing multi kills, or any other fun or stupid ideas. I think it would be a pretty neat addon to see in the server, and it could be a nice second option use to test out if we won't be seeing the final shot cam.
      Give your feedback on this guys, do you want to see about implementing this? Do you disagree and not want it? Let me know! Info about the addon can be found here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=686457995
I also wanted to recommend a new traitor weapon that really caught my attention called the Missile Launcher, that is  a rocket launcher that you can charge up to fire, and remotely control the missile to hit at a area you direct it too. Think of it like a C4 RC Car, yet travelling in the air and moving very fast. Its quite balanced with it being a T Weapon, having to charge up to use it, and it moving very fast, losing control resulting in it exploding. I'd reccomend it as well, but its apart of a server called Carbon's Castles. Not sure how using a T weapon addon I saw from another server would work out, and I really don't know where to find it. Not sure if its in these collection of addons. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1100347607
(06-21-2018, 09:27 AM)Conspireing Wrote: I also wanted to recommend a new traitor weapon that really caught my attention called the Missile Launcher, that is  a rocket launcher that you can charge up to fire, and remotely control the missile to hit at a area you direct it too. Think of it like a C4 RC Car, yet travelling in the air and moving very fast. Its quite balanced with it being a T Weapon, having to charge up to use it, and it moving very fast, losing control resulting in it exploding. I'd reccomend it as well, but its apart of a server called Carbon's Castles. Not sure how using a T weapon addon I saw from another server would work out, and I really don't know where to find it. Not sure if its in these collection of addons. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1100347607

I dislike the rocket launcher. It does seem “fair” when you put it like that but it’s really not, if you sit in a corner of a map and use it no one can see where it comes from and then it starts to get used a lot more. We already have a shotgun or bullshite I don’t think we need a remote controlled rocket. And yes I know exactly what it is cause I play over there some.
The end of round thing is also from there and is a pretty good addon that I enjoy and would be cool to the server I think.
Oof, I made you a pretty girl on that server, and now you want our addons? (jkjk)
The slow motion end round is a fun addon that I personally enjoy. It adds a fun mechanic to the server without affecting anything gameplay wise.
As for the Missile Launcher, Im not a fan of that T weapon. Also, the weapon you saw on Carbon was different than what the original weapon is. The original Missile launcher has no charge meter, infinite time to fly around, and a tinted red screen as you control the rocket. The one on Carbon was edited to have a 1 second charge bar (where you hold your mouse down to charge the bar before it shoots the rocket), 30 seconds to fly around before it automatically explodes wherever it's at, and the tinted red screen was removed to prevent accidentally rdming your T buddies (because it was hard to see the T over their head with the red screen). So even if this weapon was considered being added and you wanted these things, someone would have to edit the code for it.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(06-21-2018, 10:28 AM)Avi Wrote: Oof, I made you a pretty girl on that server, and now you want our addons? (jkjk)
The slow motion end round is a fun addon that I personally enjoy.  It adds a fun mechanic to the server without affecting anything gameplay wise.
As for the Missile Launcher, Im not a fan of that T weapon.  Also, the weapon you saw on Carbon was different than what the original weapon is.  The original Missile launcher has no charge meter, infinite time to fly around, and a tinted red screen as you control the rocket.  The one on Carbon was edited to have a 1 second charge bar (where you hold your mouse down to charge the bar before it shoots the rocket), 30 seconds to fly around before it automatically explodes wherever it's at, and the tinted red screen was removed to prevent accidentally rdming your T buddies (because it was hard to see the T over their head with the red screen).  So even if this weapon was considered being added and you wanted these things, someone would have to edit the code for it.
Yeaa I guess that is something to think about regarding the Missile Launcher. Other than that I really like the idea of the slow-motionnnnn..either that or I want final shot cam back in my life (」゜ロ゜)」
idk, There isn't much reason not to add slow motion end round, but at the same time not much to add. Just kinda unnecessary.

The Missle thing seems cool, but kind a bit of a cop out, anymore then one rocket would be too much, but only one isn't that good though. Since nine times outta ten a single holy grenade does well enough. You don't want the rocket to have too big of an explosion, but too small it won't even be worth it. Seems a bit like the Bird bomb we had from a while ago though, but as long as it doesn't have infinite fly time, and isn't impossible to shoot down, it shouldn't be too bad.

But you know another guided weapons system we have that needs to be worked on, the RC-XD.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
Gonna be honest, I dig the idea of the missile launcher. Yeah, it’s unbalanced but it sounds like a blast to use. Maybe make it a 1 shot gun, or find a way to make it 2-3 credits.
“I can only do 1/2 of a nut smh” -Hitler probably
(06-22-2018, 02:20 PM)The Real Pizza Jaden Wrote: Gonna be honest, I dig the idea of the missile launcher. Yeah, it’s unbalanced but it sounds like a blast to use. Maybe make it a 1 shot gun, or find a way to make it 2-3 credits.

It is a 1 shot weapon. If you mess up and shoot it into a wall, you don't get another. You can test it out yourself in the Carbon Castle server if you're curious.