Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Less Staff???
(06-28-2018, 01:47 PM)ExiledShadows Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 01:33 PM)๖♥Helen♥๖ Wrote: Personally, I would be more active if the energy on the server isn't constantly so hostile, the majority of the time the players hassle staff and harass them, which has to be dealt with on top of reports, other players being harassed, most of the time constant arguing with each other and with staff, it makes playing on the server completely unbearable, which is why people staff for short bursts at a time, you get burned out super easily whenever you're treated like trash, getting on with other staff members cushions the blow, but once they start trickling out the cushions get lost and you're stuck with everything piling on top of you again, the server has just become a toxic hole that is not fun to play on anymore.

I don't mean to attack you when I say this so please don't take it personally. 

If you don't enjoy being on the server why not step down so you don't feel obligated to do something that admins expect you to do? It clears up a moderator spot letting an active test mod get promoted. Wouldn't you agree it's more efficient this way for you and the server? It's not like you'll never play with the people on discord again if you step down, they're your friends.

Lmao there's no moderator limit, only admin, I like to hold out false hope that the server would improve and become bearable to play on sometime
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-28-2018, 03:49 PM)๖♥Helen♥๖ Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 01:33 PM)๖♥Helen♥๖ Wrote: Personally, I would be more active if the energy on the server isn't constantly so hostile, the majority of the time the players hassle staff and harass them, which has to be dealt with on top of reports, other players being harassed, most of the time constant arguing with each other and with staff, it makes playing on the server completely unbearable, which is why people staff for short bursts at a time, you get burned out super easily whenever you're treated like trash, getting on with other staff members cushions the blow, but once they start trickling out the cushions get lost and you're stuck with everything piling on top of you again, the server has just become a toxic hole that is not fun to play on anymore.

If you don't enjoy being on the server why not step down so you don't feel obligated to do something that admins expect you to do? It clears up a moderator spot letting an active test mod get promoted. Wouldn't you agree it's more efficient this way for you and the server? It's not like you'll never play with the people on discord again if you step down, they're your friends.

Lmao there's no moderator limit, only admin, I like to hold out false hope that the server would improve and become bearable to play on sometime
Basically just wants to hold the title to look cool. That is like half the staff.
I've been on vacation and do not have access to my pc
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(06-28-2018, 03:49 PM)๖♥Helen♥๖ Wrote:

While there is indeed no moderator limit, I do believe that having more moderators/test mods/trusted does perhaps have some bearing on other staff applications. If there were theoretically 10 actually active moderators and the staffing situation was running smoothly, I suspect people wouldn't be as opening to new staff members or their applications.

If there were only 3 active moderators and our staff list accurately reflected this then I also suspect that people would be more willing to post positive feedback on staff applications.

I think it's safe to say that there is some correlation between the amount of active staff members and the likelihood of a successful staff application.
The only issue I've found lately with mods, would be lack of one always being on, which isn't really possible at late hours sometimes. But the accompanying issue is if no mod is online, we can not report cases of Mass rdm, blatant teaming, and racism via text. An hour or two of torment goes by often before a mod comes online to perhaps do something if we remember the offender(s).
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
I’m 100% mad at this post

How can we change this? Sometimes I feel this way as well, but I would love some suggestions of how to fix that... I think maybe if others on the server like myself start setting a precedent then maybe we can fix some attitudes? I really want to hear you out and help with these issues
"Hey are you a girl gamer?" 
- Everyone on Dink's TTT 
(07-01-2018, 04:29 PM)courtana Wrote:

How can we change this? Sometimes I feel this way as well, but I would love some suggestions of how to fix that... I think maybe if others on the server like myself start setting a precedent then maybe we can fix some attitudes? I really want to hear you out and help with these issues

There's not much you can really do to fix an entire playerbase, especially the gmod one. Being nice is one thing, but that can also lead to burning yourself out faster, similar to working a customer service job. It ain't fun.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(06-30-2018, 06:56 PM)Egypta Wrote: I’m 100% mad at this post

Really wasn't trying to make people mad, just wanted to put the comment out there
"Hey are you a girl gamer?" 
- Everyone on Dink's TTT 
(07-01-2018, 11:04 PM)courtana Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 06:56 PM)Egypta Wrote: I’m 100% mad at this post

Really wasn't trying to make people mad, just wanted to put the comment out there

Issa joke