Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change the rules.
The name CouchieObtainer might offend certain people making them feel uncomfortable and probably not wanting them to play on the server. Then the perosn could start saying stuff that will make certain people uncomfortable. For example someone with the name BaconTits or ButtSniffer would make someone uncomfortable or the person will say certain stuff to make people uncomfortable. Therefore we don’t allow names like those on our server because it will make certain people uncomfortable and they probably wouldn’t want to play on the server again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-26-2018, 11:32 PM)Kasumi Wrote: The name CouchieObtainer might offend certain people making them feel uncomfortable and probably not wanting them to play on the server. Then the perosn could start saying stuff that will make certain people uncomfortable. For example someone with the name BaconTits or ButtSniffer would make someone uncomfortable or the person will say certain stuff to make people uncomfortable. Therefore we don’t allow names like those on our server because it will make certain people uncomfortable and they probably wouldn’t want to play on the server again.

I would like to see the person who plays gmod not play on a sever because one person in the server had the name ButtSniffer. Hell if ButtSniffer was someone who was funny in the mic that person would come back later with hopes of them being on. Besides you still have not answered my questions. Where in the rule that he was banned for did it say that his name was racist, sexist, suicide, or rape?
wow what a meme
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(10-26-2018, 11:38 PM)Hidden Wolfe Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 11:32 PM)Kasumi Wrote: The name CouchieObtainer might offend certain people making them feel uncomfortable and probably not wanting them to play on the server. Then the perosn could start saying stuff that will make certain people uncomfortable. For example someone with the name BaconTits or ButtSniffer would make someone uncomfortable or the person will say certain stuff to make people uncomfortable. Therefore we don’t allow names like those on our server because it will make certain people uncomfortable and they probably wouldn’t want to play on the server again.

Besides you still have not answered my questions. Where in the rule that he was banned for did it say that his name was racist, sexist, suicide, or rape?

Now you’re just playing dumb, you know why CoochieObtainer can be considered uncomfortable. Do not reply to me saying you’re clueless. 

FYI, these “harmless” names are asked to be changed because we do not want to take the chance they will lead to racist comments, sexist comments, Suicide comments, or rape comments. Rather than asking to change their name when it’s too late and its gone too far, we ask them to change it to avoid those problems.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
(10-27-2018, 12:20 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 11:38 PM)Hidden Wolfe Wrote:

I would like to see the person who plays gmod not play on a sever because one person in the server had the name ButtSniffer. Hell if ButtSniffer was someone who was funny in the mic that person would come back later with hopes of them being on. Besides you still have not answered my questions. Where in the rule that he was banned for did it say that his name was racist, sexist, suicide, or rape?

Now you’re just playing dumb, you know why CoochieObtainer can be considered uncomfortable. Do not reply to me saying you’re clueless
The reason he was banned was for having a name against the rules. But the only rule that pertains to names is the one I mentioned. Now can someone answer my question? Was his name racist? Was his name sexist? Did his name mention suicide? Did his name imply rape?
12. Do not have inappropriate names.
Inappropriate names include anything involving racism, sexism, suicide, and rape.
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification to change name
Punishment 1: (If Refusal) Kick
Punishment 2: (Returns with same/more offensive name) Kick
Punishment 3:  12 hour ban

Couchie:A slang term for a women's vagina.

The name was inappropriate. You already knew this though. Your question is whether it falls under being: Racist, Sexist, involving Suicide, or involving Rape.

The Simple answer is that I doesn't fall under any of those, however, the name is still inappropriate and as staff we will not allow inappropriate names on the server.

The Rule is "Do not have inappropriate names" and the name was in violation of this rule. The rule is stating that anything involving racism, sexism, suicide, and rape also falls under the category of being inappropriate.  

Now you know.
@Hidden Wolfe Pleaseee for the love of god, shut the fuck up already.
[Image: uzHd4Bp.png]
can someone lock this already
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(10-27-2018, 01:05 AM)Old Man Voss Wrote: 12. Do not have inappropriate names.
Inappropriate names include anything involving racism, sexism, suicide, and rape.
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification to change name
Punishment 1: (If Refusal) Kick
Punishment 2: (Returns with same/more offensive name) Kick
Punishment 3:  12 hour ban

Couchie:A slang term for a women's vagina.

The name was inappropriate. You already knew this though. Your question is whether it falls under being: Racist, Sexist, involving Suicide, or involving Rape.

The Simple answer is that I doesn't fall under any of those, however, the name is still inappropriate and as staff we will not allow inappropriate names on the server.

The Rule is "Do not have inappropriate names" and the name was in violation of this rule. The rule is stating that anything involving racism, sexism, suicide, and rape also falls under the category of being inappropriate.  

Now you know.

Then update the rule to it does not seem to be only those things. Now can we talk about what this post was about, not being able to argue with the staff in the server. The only people who want it are staff. Nobody wants to be banned for questioning staff in the server, but as the current rule states, you can be banned for questioning staff. There is no reason for this rule to be in place. If someone is being toxic about it then just gag/mute them but banning people for questioning staff should never happen. The reason I asked many times is because I never got a response until now. But Traitor had to ban me, and now here we are.
Okay, so you want people to be capable of bitching consistantly at staff members during gameplay. During wich communication will be disrupted ergo causing important callouts etc to go by unnoticed by others because they cant hear the callout because a certain someone is too busy bitching. Or if staff cant handle anything because they're still argueing with some twat that cant accept his punishment.

If a staff member tells you to stop argueing he means that if you're really upset about that punishment you go to the forums to hear that the staff member was indeed in the wrong, or that he was right. Therefore causing no disruptions during gameplay.

Thats why that rule is there.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.