Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change the rules.
Change the rules for all servers so the people can have some power against any staff members can be held accountable for their actions without the people getting banned.

Specifically the rule for arguing with staff. This rule stops people from being able to call out staff for abusing power or making unjust decisions when it happens in server. I got banned for arguing with Traitor over the banning of someone named "CouchieObtainer". Also by saying that he did not own the server. But I don't think it was because of that, right? 

Still this still is one of the dumbest rules that allows staff to make unjust judgements and then not get any flak by the people at the time that it happened. As it stands someone can get banned for no reason and the people who try to defend the person can get perma banned without being able to get unbanned due to this damn rule.

Please post and rules that are bad for the server, bad for the players, and bad for anyone but the staff.

This will not stand, change the rules or let the server die.
Hi there, prophunt has different rules than TTT, stricter rules on provocative and vulgar language because of the high concentration of kids that play on the server, that's why the person with that name was punished, they were enforcing their rules the way they have to, again, they function differently and enforce their rules differently, thats why that situation was handled that way
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-26-2018, 05:39 PM)๖♥Helen♥๖ Wrote: Hi there, prophunt has different rules than TTT, stricter rules on provocative and vulgar language because of the high concentration of kids that play on the server, that's why the person with that name was punished, they were enforcing their rules the way they have to, again, they function differently and enforce their rules differently, thats why that situation was handled that way

You can say almost all things that are vulgar on PH. For fucks sakes half of the taunts are vulgar. The rules say names can't have "racism, sexism, suicide, and rape." his name had none of those and you can say his name freely without any problems. What is different between saying it and having it as a name. I'm sure nobody would mind if I said couchie.
The I can mathematically prove the average ages of the two communities are the same through some calculus.i can also prove mathematically Rule 2a on this discord.  I can work that out for you if you want.
hmmmm

no
You are a regular and you know the way the forums work. If you have a problem with a staff member you report in the proper section of the forums and show evidence of said abuse. If you cannot, then your words are meaningless.

My personal thoughts, after looking through all the threads you have posted, seeing everyone's input on discords, the server, and here on the forums, Traitor did not do anything against the rules at all. I have been on several occasions where a "discussion" turned into an argument with Traitor and another user in the forefront. He has always handled the situation correctly and after analyzing this situation, he did the same here. The fact that you worked your way up to a ban is not his fault, I am pretty sure Traitor would know how Dink's PH rules are allocated to which scenarios and which punishments are to be handed out more than you would. I can understand your frustration, but until you can show an actual form of abuse, then your campaign against him is going nowhere.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(10-26-2018, 07:23 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: You are a regular and you know the way the forums work. If you have a problem with a staff member you report in the proper section of the forums and show evidence of said abuse. If you cannot, then your words are meaningless.

My personal thoughts, after looking through all the threads you have posted, seeing everyone's input on discords, the server, and here on the forums, Traitor did not do anything against the rules at all. I have been on several occasions where a "discussion" turned into an argument with Traitor and another user in the forefront. He has always handled the situation correctly and after analyzing this situation, he did the same here. The fact that you worked your way up to a ban is not his fault, I am pretty sure Traitor would know how Dink's PH rules are allocated to which scenarios and which punishments are to be handed out more than you would. I can understand your frustration, but until you can show an actual form of abuse, then your campaign against him is going nowhere.

Look I know that I got myself banned. I'm not saying that it's not my fault. All i'm saying is that some rules need to be changed. Also how is "CouchieObtainer" a name that includes racism, sexism, suicide, and rape? The rules are clear as day and if you still think that he should not have that name then change the damn rules to match what the staff thinks. 
It's been a long standing rule that things that are sexual in context aren't allowed, whether it be names/binds/saying things in chat because like Helen said, the prop hunt server typically has a younger group of people. The name "CouchieObtainer" is a sexual reference. While yes, the wording of the rule may not reflect how the rule is enforced by staff and could be worded better, arguing with staff over a rule is against the rules as well (hence why the forums are a great place to take discussions like this).
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(10-26-2018, 08:34 PM)Old Man Voss Wrote: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...STING--138

Please fill out the correct forms when filing a complaint with sufficient evidence of the situation. Doing so will allow us to bring corrective action to whoever has abused their power, and help bring to the forefront possible issues in the future along with means to prevent them.

May the Props ever be in your favor

This is a rule change thread not reporting a player.
Yeah the arguing with staff rule will stay, its there so we can actually staff without every tiny issue becoming a discussion and slowing us down. You can bring complaints or whatever to the forums if you actually want something done, but blasting chat on PH takes away from the game

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon