Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with jump pack and hitboxes
(08-15-2019, 11:12 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 10:31 PM)happy Wrote: I thought you guys had this convo when the grapple hook exploit was causing issues? I still think it'd be fine to remove the jp and just lower the gravity.

Tbh, remove the JP but leave the gravity where it is.

As it stands currently, the jump pack allows players to exploit certain maps and survive falls that they otherwise wouldn't. (Which sort of makes the Iron Boots useless as a D or T, except on maps with long falls like crummycradle) With the grapple hook, the only reason you are able to glide through the air at mach 4 is because of the jump pack. Otherwise, unless you are a bhop god, you won't be able to maintain that speed.

tl;dr remove jump pack

Double jump or low gravity would be better than Jumppack for sure.

PHD Flopper would also be better than Iron Boots ( causes explosion and minor damage on long drops, immunity to explosives ).
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(08-16-2019, 02:02 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 10:31 PM)happy Wrote: I thought you guys had this convo when the grapple hook exploit was causing issues? I still think it'd be fine to remove the jp and just lower the gravity.

As it stands currently, the jump pack allows players to exploit certain maps and survive falls that they otherwise wouldn't. (Which sort of makes the Iron Boots useless as a D or T, except on maps with long falls like crummycradle) With the grapple hook, the only reason you are able to glide through the air at mach 4 is because of the jump pack. Otherwise, unless you are a bhop god, you won't be able to maintain that speed.

tl;dr remove jump pack

PHD Flopper would also be better than Iron Boots ( causes explosion and minor damage on long drops, immunity to explosives ).

low gravity and double jump are terrible
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
(08-16-2019, 03:29 PM)Fozzy Wrote:

tl;dr remove jump pack

I said OR, not AND.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(08-16-2019, 04:35 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote:

tl;dr remove jump pack

I said OR, not AND.
both addons are shit having only low gravity is shit and having only double jump is shit
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
(08-16-2019, 04:52 PM)Fozzy Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 04:35 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 11:12 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Tbh, remove the JP but leave the gravity where it is.

tl;dr remove jump pack

I said OR, not AND.
both addons are shit having only low gravity is shit and having only double jump is shit

i mean CC has fairly low gravity and that's not that big of a problem

but if we're talking cG low gravity, than yeah thats a piece of shit suggestion

the jumppack will always be a problem, literally crouch jumping already makes your head hitbox go to your torso and its even worse with jetpack when people can literally just glitch their heads into ceilings and only be shot in the legs, its dumb

no upper staff cares though and like others have said, the jumppack is noob friendly.

i'd say get a better jumppack addon (because this one is shit anyway) lower the jump height you get, or add a cooldown to the jumps, so you can spam them constantly
"Rue the day."
an unhealthy balance of skill and toxicity.
[Image: 4JZPSYV.png]