Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The REAL Problem.
(08-29-2019, 01:57 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: That’s fair, considering some of my recent posts can fry an egg and don’t specify which admins I’m meaning to talk about at that moment. Working on that, tho hopefully that’s starting to be clearer.

How to: Demotion thread is what I meant, considering several were staff. Tho yeah that’s under TTT and I originally thought this was a TTT started thing...

Tho now that Ive read the PH responses many many things are suddenly clear about how things went down and my initial assumptions were wrong. Piecing things together I can actually guess at the chain of events, and the community bans actually do follow a logic. Not the logic I’d want to follow but I can see how it go there. Yeah it should’ve been individually weighed still tho. I really don’t think I’m going to be convinced that each should stay a community ban but I do get the impression there’s a lot more than I thought.

So I shall be a good noodle and sit in my corner and wait. Not happy yet, but with 90% less cane swinging.

All in all this being said, I appreciate it.
Ph was involved like i said due to my initial reaction to reban rits, and from there became the topic of others that we were receiving multiple complaints on for some time, but didn't really initially have enough evidence, individually, but when we all got together, it was.

We are doing our best right now to put this together.
Also pls no cane swinging im fragile im short thanks
I'm happy to see the increased transparency in all of this, at least from the PH side of things, but even so, I'm still saddened by all of this and it's left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I'm planning on taking my own break from Dink's TTT for a while, not sure how long. I came back from over a 2 year break and only after a few weeks I already feel like it's not worth it, and that's ok. Maybe later.

Or not.
[Image: 39wzdm.jpg]
So, a thing I thought of when going through all this. I think community bans as a whole need to be looked at a lot more intently with this whole fiasco. The whole "for having an opinion" is a meme but from this recent thing a.bad precedent has clearly been set. Community bans should really only be reserved for the absolute most heinous of offenses in my opinion. Anything illegal or encroaching in real life (DDOS, dox, swatting, pedophilia, etc) or enough real, documented offenses of clearly targeted harassment (not disagreement, not argument, but harassment, such as attacking someone's character or making threats and personal attacks against them and not stopping). By lowering the standards for what earns a community ban the administration will be perceived as untrustworthy and overly ban happy. But there are plenty of other steps well before community ban that could have been taken in this case and I hope that for the future they don't happen so readily and steps to address issues are taken first
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(08-29-2019, 11:44 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: So, a thing I thought of when going through all this. I think community bans as a whole need to be looked at a lot more intently with this whole fiasco. The whole "for having an opinion" is a meme but from this recent thing a.bad precedent has clearly been set. Community bans should really only be reserved for the absolute most heinous of offenses in my opinion. Anything illegal or encroaching in real life (DDOS, dox, swatting, pedophilia, etc) or enough real, documented offenses of clearly targeted harassment (not disagreement, not argument, but harassment, such as attacking someone's character or making threats and personal attacks against them and not stopping). By lowering the standards for what earns a community ban the administration will be perceived as untrustworthy and overly ban happy. But there are plenty of other steps well before community ban that could have been taken in this case and I hope that for the future they don't happen so readily and steps to address issues are taken first

This is something I'm gonna say makes the most sense out of anything. An over arching community ban is serious (much like any perm ban), and should be reserved for something serious, when all other options have been laid out. The fact that people with so much staff experience (and even current admins) have presented so many other ways this could have been handled, in my mind, says that this wasn't serious enough to warrant the outcome we're left with.
This is a minor thing, but the word "indefinitely" was purposefully chosen over "permanently" for the ban length on the original post.
We probably definitely should have explained better, but the idea was that there would be a chance to reduce the ban based on community feedback,
and whether there was any admission of remorse or wrongdoing from the appealer. The bans weren't supposed to last forever for anyone that cared enough
to try to be unbanned. With hindsight, maybe we should have just gone case by case and decided a length for each person, but too late for that now.

This is probably meaningless to most people, but just wanted to explain.

For those asking to see more evidence, I get it, but we really can't. The people in question don't want to be attacked anymore. We don't feel right exposing them.
But as we can't show the evidence, you have to at least see that it seems unlikely that 4 admins, who don't particularly interact often, and dinkleberg would come to a unanimous decision based off anything but tangible evidence.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
(08-29-2019, 02:25 PM)queef commando Wrote: But as we can't show the evidence, you have to at least see that it seems unlikely that 4 admins, who don't particularly interact often, and dinkleberg would come to a unanimous decision based off anything but tangible evidence.

Considering Dinkleberg doesn't interact with his community whatsoever, I have every reason to believe he would've given this the seal of approval anyways.

Also, I know I have stated that there is no more evidence than what was shown in your thread, which I do apologize for, as that was mostly just me being salty. But I still refuse to believe you have enough tangible evidence to indefinitely ban 7 people, which included staff members and overall well liked players, from the entire community, unless I see it with my own eyes.
(08-29-2019, 02:25 PM)queef commando Wrote: For those asking to see more evidence, I get it, but we really can't. The people in question don't want to be attacked anymore. We don't feel right exposing them.
But as we can't show the evidence, you have to at least see that it seems unlikely that 4 admins, who don't particularly interact often, and dinkleberg would come to a unanimous decision based off anything but tangible evidence.

I'll be that guy and throw out and say how can we know it was unanimous when all of those people, who technically aren't supposed to have a vote due to inactivity, aren't around to even say "yeah this is our decision"?

Hell, we just have to trust YOU saying Dink said to go ahead with it. I haven't talked to him in over 2 years. This is where the transparency and lack of trust in the TTT side comes from. No ones here and we just have YOU, Gabe and a bunch of inactives we don't see. At least Gabe goes on to play and interact. With people.

It's disheartening for veteran players to watch, especially when the people involved can't say how it went down cause they don't know either. Not even a "yeah we talked and I get it"

You say there would be a chance to reduce the ban based on community feed back. Is this your way of saying this was a trial run? Or that NOW that you're realizing everyone, even people not involved, staff, people involved in making the decision (some thought to be strong armed into agreeing), are flipping on it saying it was bad?

Basically "oh shit this is a huge dumpster fire how the hell do I fix this" kind of scenario. And the solution is:

1. Point out the ban is temporary
2. Say you're considering altering the verdict based on community feedback

So what was the original plan then? You clearly had more options you could have utilized if you're going to lessen the punishment if community backlash is affecting your decision this much.
Better watch out guys, they’re gonna lock this one too because “its too heated.” I love how there has to be multiple threads posted in order for people to express how they feel about the horrendous decision because people can’t handle valid criticism. It’s almost like the community doesn’t like its new voice, like Matt said.
So here’s why I’m not buying that. Not only does the punishment say “The End”, each *active* admin has stated it should have been done individually from the start. Dink typically just let’s the admins do what they see fit and deal with the results, so I’m not convinced dink weighed in on each. Neither am I convinced that it’s “too late” because the other admins are collecting and sorting out reasons for each individual.
Try being the ears before the voice.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I’ve held my tongue for far too long on this shitutation. You don’t feel right exposing people who were included in the evidence that the public hasn’t seen, yet you’re more than comfortable linking screenshots of conversations that were held in a private discord. If you all got rid of your “problem” why not go ahead and reveal these screenshots and further evidence to back your punishments? The “harassers” are gone now, you have nothing to fear. What are they gonna do? Pm them on discord and ask why they said that? Or blow up on them? Either way it has no effect on the server. You have no reason to withhold from showing US, the community, the full evidence. This isn’t a damn court case for pete’s sake. And whoever said I shouldn’t be staff i don’t give a flying shit about who it is, won’t pounce on them, would just like to know who and take into consideration as to why they might not like me. I’m honestly surprised you all didn’t ban me, TDawg shouldn’t have been banned, and since he did there was no reason to not ban me. Bottom line is you all lost very very valuable members of this community, and I hope you realize that. Even if they were in the party of those who got banned, or resigned staff members. You all legitimately fucked up. I’m glad you somewhat realize that.

Anything you plan on posting to further explain your reasoning will also be no help. You should’ve done it to begin with. You should have at least gave a warning and demotion to most of the people who were involved. A flat out permanent community ban is outright stupid. I’m sick and tired of people trying to rationalize their fuck-ups when they’re missing the complete point that was being made by people who were against their decision.

That ends my rant, I don’t care anymore. The damage is done. Hope this community continues to go on, but for me I’m done. The love I once had is no longer there. I can’t even bare to check the forums anymore. You all wiped out mostly everything that was good, hope you realize that. Have a good day