Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raider 4 Trusted Part III
(05-05-2020, 09:20 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote: I want to be able to rebuild my committment to the server. That can't happen FULLY unless I can at least try to work my way up again. 

Raider, I understand you're committed to the server however, applying for staff after a month kind of shows you're in a hassle. In NO WAY am I attempting to attack you but I think you should be a little more patient. Being a staff member can possibly increase your thoughts of commitment however, even as a form of member there can still be shown dedication. The fact you're immediately applying after a month is a bit of a stretch when resigning twice. I understand you're eager to join back and I love that but you still have something to work on and that is are you not going to leave us once again.
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
If I wanted to sit on a title, I would have kept Moderator. I resigned because at the time I thought I wouldn't be able to get back on for many months. The coronavirus happened and started my summer early. Now I have the ability to actually get on. I want to help the server again. I truly do.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
Alright, I'll change my vote. I understand as you're being genuinely honest. A lot of people make mistakes + become busy during life. I do not believe resigning with COMPLETE honest/valid reasoning is punishable. We all experience things in which could interfere with our life ultimately leading to the affect of the server. Honestly, as I stated previously trusted is a big step but with Raider's experience I believe that he deserves another chance. Most staff ARE NOT willing to give away their positions although they're lacking time. My same process still applies to this today HOWEVER, I believe you can possibly increase your time and possibly make more ban request.
+1
EDIT:
Sorry for so many post.
My vote remains neutral. I understand people become stressed, busy, etc. and have to step away. But it seems to be a recurring theme, you resigning and then being allowed to come back. (double standards amirite???) I don't care either way because my vote doesn't matter, I just thought I'd share my feelings on you returning. Trusted ig is fine, but anything above that I'm iffy on unless you can somehow prove you're truly committed this time around.

Side note: You'll probably get it because we basically just give away staff positions like they're candy now, and you're actually qualified for it. So, preemptive congrats.
I share the same concerns as laced and really my thinking is just being involved in the community even more. I'm cool with this app so I'm gonna +1 it but if your seeking a higher position in the future you should probably try and become more active in the community cause your already active enough in server. I see no better way to prove you'll stick around than to be trusted for a good length of time and become a cemented pillar of the community. By good length of time I'm talking like more than a couple months too.
@Battons That was one of my intentions for trying to obtain Trusted. In my current position, I can only just get my playtime up. I can still create ban requests, but I have to wait until the end of the round to obtain screenshots of the logs and don't have the luxury of viewing reports. I'm not even considering anything beyond Trusted until I can display a drastic increase in playtime and commitment to the server. Nothing displays commitment better than a willingness to staff. Trusted is the foundation. I just hope I'll be as good as I once was for the server.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
When dealing with stress people will react differently from one person to another and at a young age stress is harder to deal with.
Granted it may be concerning to others that you resigned in the past as a result of stress and being put in an unfair situation
However I believe its important for everyone to keep in mind this is a trusted app.
He is not coming back expecting to be tmod or mod off the bat
you are starting over from the bottom to prove yourself to others that you want to be a part of the community again

You have more then enough experience to be trusted
You have been on frequently through out the last month even after your last app was denied granted there was a gap which is understandable as i know some of the community was taking finals

Over all its a +1 from me best of luck to you
Bump.
I have always enjoyed my time with Raider on the TTT server, and I trust his judgement when it comes to the responsibilities and duties of being staff. While the double resignation is disconcerting, I understand how life can change quickly, and I would welcome him returning as staff. I don't think any of us expected to have this much free time!

+1 from me!
Bumping
[Image: b_560x95.png]