Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why does shitposting feel illegal now
Can we please close this thread?
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
(05-17-2020, 11:04 PM)Eternal Wrote: Can we please close this thread?
No. Theres nothing wrong with it.
Alright I will give you guys the perspective that I had with this that occurred today.

I did not know about the bans until three of them had occurred. The murder ban, the forum ban, and the discord ban. After seeing the forum ban listed as "Community Ban" I let Nicol know, who knew even less than I did. We deliberated for a few minutes before proceeding with the community ban on our respective servers. I also contacted Alora to do the community ban for DR. We did not know of any bans taking place, we were not informed by anyone before or afterward the incident. We have some heavy suspicions on why the ban took place but I for one will not be jumping to conclusions. As I do understand, there was supposed to be a forum thread BEFORE the bans took place but something was either mistaken, a major miscommunication occurred, or Dink happened.

We once again ask for your patience. We are not as in the dark as you guys are, but a night light does a poor job of properly lighting an entire room.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(05-17-2020, 11:12 PM)Sarcasm Guaranteed Wrote: Alright I will give you guys the perspective that I had with this that occurred today.

I did not know about the bans until three of them had occurred. The murder ban, the forum ban, and the discord ban. After seeing the forum ban listed as "Community Ban" I let Nicol know, who knew even less than I did. We deliberated for a few minutes before proceeding with the community ban on our respective servers. I also contacted Alora to do the community ban for DR. We did not know of any bans taking place, we were not informed by anyone before or afterward the incident. We have some heavy suspicions on why the ban took place but I for one will not be jumping to conclusions. As I do understand, there was supposed to be a forum thread BEFORE the bans took place but something was either mistaken, a major miscommunication occurred, or Dink happened.

We once again ask for your patience. We are not as in the dark as you guys are, but a night light does a poor job of properly lighting an entire room.
Dink phone die and he not home

Edit; fish says that is the dink happened category and i thought it was funny and thought u guys could laf too
I like threads like these. Each side of my brain is agreeing with both sides of these because there is no clear cut answer for all people. However @Mother Nuru. please do clear this shit up because this has been a problem more than once. When this thread gets repeated in the summer of 2021 (because every summer it seems like something like this happens) then we can reference this thread to see just how many brains cells we have gained and will subsequently lose over something that made the community what it is. While shitposting on a serious thread is generally something I would disagree with, after losing half my soul to make a deal with satan to try and stop caring and getting scammed and still caring I understand that whatever happens now will not be the be-all-end-all of these debates. The thread should stay open and even after this is resolved we should still regularly have these kind of thought provoking threads.
(05-17-2020, 11:16 PM)zenful pikachu Wrote: I like threads like these. Each side of my brain is agreeing with both sides of these because there is no clear cut answer for all people. However @Mother Nuru. please do clear this shit up because this has been a problem more than once. When this thread gets repeated in the summer of 2021 (because every summer it seems like something like this happens) then we can reference this thread to see just how many brains cells we have gained and will subsequently lose over something that made the community what it is. While shitposting on a serious thread is generally something I would disagree with, after losing half my soul to make a deal with satan to try and stop caring and getting scammed and still caring I understand that whatever happens now will not be the be-all-end-all of these debates. The thread should stay open and even after this is resolved we should still regularly have these kind of thought provoking threads.

I honestly agree with you in a lot of ways. I've been shitposty in this thread but I'm being genuine when I say you're right in a lot of ways. I cant say i agree with all of it, but i think there's a point to be made about how jokes are taken on the forums.  Just in a post that wasnt meant to bait people but you cant prove that and I'll deny it in court
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
(05-17-2020, 11:16 PM)zenful pikachu Wrote: I like threads like these. Each side of my brain is agreeing with both sides of these because there is no clear cut answer for all people. However @Mother Nuru. please do clear this shit up because this has been a problem more than once. When this thread gets repeated in the summer of 2021 (because every summer it seems like something like this happens) then we can reference this thread to see just how many brains cells we have gained and will subsequently lose over something that made the community what it is. While shitposting on a serious thread is generally something I would disagree with, after losing half my soul to make a deal with satan to try and stop caring and getting scammed and still caring I understand that whatever happens now will not be the be-all-end-all of these debates. The thread should stay open and even after this is resolved we should still regularly have these kind of thought provoking threads.
Like i said im giving dink a chance first
if he doesnt i will
i mean im not really obligated to but i am bc i care about you shit heads here hence this whole entire mess
just give everyone a small break and meme shit for a bit and if you dont hear from dink i will do it ok 
the less yall freak out on me the more willing i am to talk
stop making me feel like im backed in a corner by a bunch of angry pitchforks like o said half the reason i resigned was bc i was fixing shit for other people like this
be calm beans and i will b nice mom ok thank bye
(05-17-2020, 11:19 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote:

I honestly agree with you in a lot of ways. I've been shitposty in this thread but I'm being genuine when I say you're right in a lot of ways. I cant say i agree with all of it, but i think there's a point to be made about how jokes are taken on the forums.  Just in a post that wasnt meant to bait people but you cant prove that and I'll deny it in court

What I mean, we're never supposed to agree with all of it. What kind of community is there in a hive mind?

I'm tired of being fully serious while it's midnight. I don't want to post again but I'll stick around if anyone thinks that my opinion is... off base.
so wait

you're telling me

that you guys community banned someone

without at least knowing why first

i fully support the ban itself but what the fuck
(05-17-2020, 11:21 PM)POG MONKEY Wrote: so wait

you're telling me

that you guys community banned someone

without at least knowing why first

i fully support the ban itself but what the fuck
Correction they know why and i told fish to go through with it after i got confirmation. Fish isnt a people person and bad with words dont mind him. They know WHY just dont have the full story like we do. Dink carried this one out not admins. Its not them. Please dont divert blame to them.