Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH Suggestions/Open Talk Thread
Taking over Nuru's since she is no longer staff and should not have to receive requests from people anymore to get stuff added/changed to the Prop Hunt server.

Remake because I'm stupid and deleted the old one.
Official ph suggestions thread. Any comments not related to suggestions to better staff/server are going to be removed. Please suggest anything that is not on the do not suggest list (below). The rest is fair game. I want this to be up and going for a while, so I will be keeping this thread cleaned up. Please suggest things for the server, for staff, ways to improve ph, or report bugs here. I will do my best to keep track of them.

Keep track of what is added and when by visiting our changelog.

Things to NOT suggest right now:
- Playermodels
-

With that out of the way, this is the current master list I have going. I will also note all suggestions that are not currently approved/or denied here.

Color coding information
Completed
In progress
To be done

Things that need FIXED (aka bugs/glitches):
- Map vote/pictures
- Team chat (Dead cannot see alive chat)
- Chat colors (Master/Mod same, Member/Tmod same)
- Scoreboard Admin Color (Same as master)
- Dimmsdale Fishbowl Gravity Glitch (Contact Hillrop) Has been made aware of issue Contacted hillrop awaiting for fix
- Underwater map Glitch  (Maps underwater weapons don't always spawn) Fixed by way of removal
- Warning system Looking for a new warning system
- TL;DR section to top of rules for dumbos
- Betting has a delay for winnings
- Buff starting ammo (ar2, shotgun, and check the rest)
- Chat/Tags suggestions, aTag or Apple Chattags.
- Remove particles when jumping w/ jumppack (causes lag)
- Cosmetic removal bug (people on new map that joined on previous lose all cosmetics)
- Server needing a forceswap due to pointshop issues
- Times and ranks

Things to possibly add?:
- Bring back seasonal crates for major holidays Two crates have been fixed for holidays so far
- New trails
- Shotguns
- Knife crate 2 Dink contacted over this
- Bring clue back, it's fixed
- Server message regarding daily rewards
-

Things to discuss/try with Dinkleberg
- New pets?
- Special rounds (Backburner project)
- Change staff requirements for ALL staff positions (Trusted at min of 80 hours)
- Server caps be increased. (Overflow 16 or more and main 32 for maps sake) 
- Discuss with staff as well. Demotion protocols suggested by Voss.
- Cycling maps in and out seasonally, and if so, spooky scary being one, if not, making it a perm
- Bring back chalet/youturd
- Test a lower jumppack power in the test server(overflow)
- Something for the server adverts (They clog up the screen)
Map rotation instead of map vote if map vote cannot be fixed.
-

Things to discuss with staff:
- Make under the car on fancy house legal
- Clearing up rules/discrepancies on spots and what makes them illegal, then address the community
-

Things to discuss within admins:
- Player of the month, pros and cons, and doability.

List of suggestions denied/not approved at this time:
- Giving users/donor the !friends command (After issues with donors overstepping is resolved.)
- Chat filter, too aggressive for us to attempt with while Dink is extremely busy
-Give trusted the ability to swap maps (could cause more harm than good)

Please recommend changes/ideas that you may have so the topic can at least be discussed if not implemented
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Give the trusted the ability to swap the map until all pointshop stuff gets resolved if it's not already. I know it should have been fixed because there have been few errors recently but for the future if there are any updates the screw with the server we have many trusted on all the time. I'm not sure if this will be an issue in the future, just want to put this out there
(05-15-2020, 02:58 PM)zenful pikachu Wrote: Give the trusted the ability to swap the map until all pointshop stuff gets resolved if it's not already. I know it should have been fixed because there have been few errors recently but for the future if there are any updates the screw with the server we have many trusted on all the time. I'm not sure if this will be an issue in the future, just want to put this out there

That issue is currently resolved. Issue with what you are saying is that more than a couple of trusted throughout history have known little on how Garry's mod works. Them having the swap map command could actually make the issue worse if done incorrectly. The last thing I need is some brand new trusted who is still learning the process of rules or only plays casually a few times every few weeks crashing the entire server.

Basically, with some trusted this would be fine, but this could easily get worse if done by an inexperienced individual which all trusted are at some point.

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I know I've been out of the loop but has the issue with props picking up other props been addressed? I lost a lot of spots due to not being able to pick up and replace a prop as a prop. Annoying more then anything else. 

Fix the new taunts in main. New taunts are currently working on overflow but not main. Done. 

Also I would make a public note somewhere that overflow and main are no longer connected and update the chat scroll to reflect that. currently there is a a chat note saying that points are carried over, that is no longer the case.
Just on Death cant see Chat. I'm not sure what the case is since I havent been on in awhile but  BlushWill Staff still be able to see Both alive and non alive players if Chat is being spammed in any way.

Could Anyone give my a brief understanding on that if possible
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(05-21-2020, 06:47 PM)§6SEMBER_UNO Wrote: I know I've been out of the loop but has the issue with props picking up other props been addressed? I lost a lot of spots due to not being able to pick up and replace a prop as a prop. Annoying more then anything else. 

I have always been able to pick up props as a prop, I'm not sure what you mean on that one
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(05-21-2020, 08:05 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 06:47 PM)§6SEMBER_UNO Wrote: I know I've been out of the loop but has the issue with props picking up other props been addressed? I lost a lot of spots due to not being able to pick up and replace a prop as a prop. Annoying more then anything else. 

I have always been able to pick up props as a prop, I'm not sure what you mean on that one

Before we updated to the newest prophunt version we were able to pick up props, as props, without turning into them by pressing ctrl+e. It didn't matter what you were or what you were trying to pick up. A hula girl could pick up a barrel no problem. Now SOME props can pick up some props in some circumstances.

Here's a example. On backyard I used to be able to turn into the table phone in the upstairs hallway and throw the original out the window with a ctrl grab. Now I can become the phone but I cant pick up or move the original. In school I would do the same with the PC monitor on the cart in the entrance area. I would grab it and throw it into the monitor room then sit as the original. Again I can't pick up the monitor to do this. 

There was a comment about this when Nuru first started this thread but it's since been nuked. I specifically recall Nuru saying she had the same problem.
(05-21-2020, 08:15 PM)§6SEMBER_UNO Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 08:05 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:

Before we updated to the newest prophunt version we were able to pick up props, as props, without turning into them by pressing ctrl+e. It didn't matter what you were or what you were trying to pick up. A hula girl could pick up a barrel no problem. Now SOME props can pick up some props in some circumstances.

Here's a example. On backyard I used to be able to turn into the table phone in the upstairs hallway and throw the original out the window with a ctrl grab. Now I can become the phone but I cant pick up or move the original. In school I would do the same with the PC monitor on the cart in the entrance area. I would grab it and throw it into the monitor room then sit as the original. Again I can't pick up the monitor to do this. 

There was a comment about this when Nuru first started this thread but it's since been nuked. I specifically recall Nuru saying she had the same problem.

hmmm i have noticed a difference but not specifically in such way. May have to do with the update which means it could be a setting that could be adjusted or where a different function needs to be used. I still use crouch + e to pick up props i don't want to become. I'll look into it. There is a chance that it could just be a strategy that we may not be able to use anymore. You could also chuck said item and then use the prop menu to achieve the same results, could also be the computer you're using.

For example, to join a team I either have to use ctrl + F1 or Fn + F2 while other users just have to press F1 or F2 to get to where they want to go.

(05-21-2020, 07:30 PM)AzunaRiceBoy Wrote: Just on Death cant see Chat. I'm not sure what the case is since I havent been on in awhile but  BlushWill Staff still be able to see Both alive and non alive players if Chat is being spammed in any way.

Could Anyone give my a brief understanding on that if possible

As I understand it is strictly dead hunters who cannot type to living ones via team chat. I do not believe this has been fixed yet but I will for sure add to the list above to make sure that it is not forgotten. Could have been done in the update so that dead hunters cannot ghost as easily to their hunter teammates if they die trying to kill props.

Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Can we get a fix for Donors getting the unstuck notification for other players?
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(05-22-2020, 05:16 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Can we get a fix for Donors getting the unstuck notification for other players?

Not really a major issue, but I have informed dink about it.

Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army