Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think "leaking staff chat" is stupid
I'm making this post, not because of recent events, but because recent events have made me upset enough to want to make it.
I think leaking staff chat is stupid. But, I'll start with the positives. As is, I can really only think of 2 good reasons to have such high security and stigma around some kind of chat like that.
1. Discussing promotions: I get why this would want to be private. If it wasn't then people would be weary about saying how they really feel. A basic example, but I get it.
2. Discussing "risky" bans: For this I'll use a less touchy example. Mr.Rippe, that was a pretty uhh kinda situation, and I understand that if someone like that might have a high place in the server or a large friend group, then it would be risky about talking about that kinda stuff in front of the whole server. I don't doubt that there's more reasons than this, but I do doubt there's enough more reasons to make it worth creating such a dark stigma around even mentioning something from staff chat in any server ever. You wanna discuss server changes? Why does that have to be private? Wanna discuss reworking or adding ranks? Don't see why you need to hide that. In fact, the only thing I don't see being hidden is potential map and skin changes that are mostly up in the air at any given point. Other than that we really only learn about stuff once it's been added.
This kind of situation with harsh punishments and warnings about even speaking of something in the chat is toxic, and it created a vast disconnect among players and staff.
Am I saying the staff chat should just be open to public viewing so we call all observe like the Cincinnati zoo? No, being honest, even if it was, I probably wouldn't check it, and would leave it on mute. But how's this, staff start working to tell us about things in the process of conceptualizing them? Keep people posted. Let us know if you are working on or abandoning something. Tell us before it happens. And what I think is most important...
Let staff fucking talk
When someone is promoted in this server they're not your indentured servant, and they shouldn't have to consider every word about server changes in fear of leaking some chat in a voice channel from another disconnected server. It's nothing less than ridiculous.
To finish this up, let me put it this way...
If you still don't know the reason why there's still a disconnect between staff and players in every big event: YOU'RE THE REASON
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
Thank you so much for the input milk, but I'm afraid I am going to have to disagree with your view here, and I will try to go into detail.  Staff chat is, complex and complicated to say the least. Issues get discussed, ideas get thrown around. 

We do not want staff chat being leaked because classified information is located in the staff chat.  We do not want information being released that could potentially make a situation go from worse to explosive. 

We normally let the community know of any sort of change or potential changes through the forums. This is part of keeping the community in the know so that feedback can be analyzed and solutions can be made to help make the experience for those on the server more enjoyable, and this goes for every server in this community.

And the disconnect between staff and community members is not staff chat related, I can tell you that right now.
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
(07-19-2020, 02:29 AM)DoYouLiftBro Wrote: Thank you so much for the input milk, but I'm afraid I am going to have to disagree with your view here, and I will try to go into detail.  Staff chat is, complex and complicated to say the least. Issues get discussed, ideas get thrown around. 

We do not want staff chat being leaked because classified information is located in the staff chat.  We do not want information being released that could potentially make a situation go from worse to explosive. 

We normally let the community know of any sort of change or potential changes through the forums. This is part of keeping the community in the know so that feedback can be analyzed and solutions can be made to help make the experience for those on the server more enjoyable, and this goes for every server in this community.

And the disconnect between staff and community members is not staff chat related, I can tell you that right now.

I do agree with you in part, as I kinda mentioned in the "risky bans" kinda thing, I understand how speaking against certain things or people could be volatile. I don't think things of that degree should be public, because I fully understand why they aren't, but I feel like a lot more than these, even simple decisions, aren't even being brought up until they happen, unless it's spread through the grapevine, which is a terrible way to spread news and make members feel ostracized

I like how every single major server event or promotion people want to talk about the disconnect in this community but when I bring it up there's few people who want to actually talk about it instead of just downvoting people without any input *cough*Christian*cough*
(07-19-2020, 02:33 AM)MilkManFromMars Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 02:29 AM)DoYouLiftBro Wrote: -snip-

I do agree with you in part, as I kinda mentioned in the "risky bans" kinda thing, I understand how speaking against certain things or people could be volatile. I don't think things of that degree should be public, because I fully understand why they aren't, but I feel like a lot more than these, even simple decisions, aren't even being brought up until they happen, unless it's spread through the grapevine, which is a terrible way to spread news and make members feel ostracized

I like how every single major server event or promotion people want to talk about the disconnect in this community but when I bring it up there's few people who want to actually talk about it instead of just downvoting people without any input *cough*Christian*cough*

First and Foremost, lets not go after anyone in this thread, that is just begging for drama that is not needed. 

And I understand whatr you are getting at in regards to the initial response.  Occasionally small changes will happen out of the blue, it might have been something that was meant to have been put in place earlier etc..  It is your right to know and the staff team understands that, and In my opinion I feel like the consistency of getting information out for yall to digest is getting  better, but still needs some improvement.
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
(07-19-2020, 02:44 AM)DoYouLiftBro Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 02:33 AM)MilkManFromMars Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 02:29 AM)DoYouLiftBro Wrote: -snip-
Words and stuff

First and Foremost, lets not go after anyone in this thread, that is just begging for drama that is not needed. 

And I understand whatr you are getting at in regards to the initial response.  Occasionally small changes will happen out of the blue, it might have been something that was meant to have been put in place earlier etc..  It is your right to know and the staff team understands that, and In my opinion I feel like the consistency of getting information out for yall to digest is getting  better, but still needs some improvement.

I'd just like to say that I made that jab because he acted out in a voice channel

And to more concretely define my point. I feel that one of the many reasons that such a disconnect exists with changes is because of a blanketed rule across talking about anything in staff chat. I think it should be changed to just talking about certain things in staff chat. (I.E. the topics mentioned above) I don't feel like staff chat is solely responsible for the disconnect and if I did I'd put myself in the loony bin. But I made this thread because a certain staff member had gotten in trouble for a dumb reason, of mentioning something simple from staff chat in a separate disconnected server from dink's which in my opinion, caused no harm to be said.
And to wrap this up, I just simply disagree about the disconnection issue. I do not personally thing its gotten much, if at all, better. But as I said, that's my feeling, from my perspective, within the server.
Honestly it depends on what is being "leaked" for me to give a damn honestly. Like if it is about an individual, evidence, a serious topic, or something that was not supposed to be released to the public yet, then no you are getting punished when I find out who you are. It is also why I am not fully open with all information because throughout my entire time here in Dink's as PH staff, there has ALWAYS been at least one person who like to leak private information that they know they should not be leaking.

I realize this is going off a TTT incident and mainly about TTT issues, but there will never be 100% transparency. It's a game, play it. Now if a new rule comes out and/or is agreed upon, then yeah there should be some form of announcement but you do not need to know every little thing that staff discusses. That would just make the TTT drama worse that they like spreading to everyone else in the community.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
"Haha Ethan is getting mad" should not count as feeding staff chat sure, but staff chat is there for staff to discuss things before they get out if hand, even preventing issues from blowing up in thier face.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I thought it was admin chat that was leaked not staff??
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I like having it private. staff chat is also a place for us to unwind, talk to each other, or just vent. Sometimes after getting on and getting bashed 20million times by random people I just want to talk to peers which also share the same situation without fear of getting bashed on even more.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(07-19-2020, 02:29 AM)DoYouLiftBro Wrote: We do not want staff chat being leaked because classified information is located in the staff chat.  We do not want information being released that could potentially make a situation go from worse to explosive. 

I'm gonna have to agree with lift here.  More often than not what's discussed in staff chat is sensitive and shouldn't be released to general community.  What isn't sensitive is usually either us just chatting shit, or something like a rule change that will be public anyways, so there really is no point to leak anything.  And if we were to allow people to talk/"leak" staff chat as long as it isn't sensitive I could see that backfiring with someone having a different opinion on a situation and not thinking it's sensitive when in fact it very well might be, so this solution would likely cause more issues than it would solve.
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]