Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Your Music Tastes?
I listen to just about everything (including some country, some kpop, but idk an example of mumble rap, so probably that too). I'm pretty sure I hate bluegrass though.
According to Spotify 'On Repeat': Oliver Tree, K.Flay, Bring Me The Horizon, Hey Violet, Girl in Red.
Alright, so here goes:

I have a VERY broad taste in music. My father introduced to me to groups like Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, and Metallica at a young age, so that is my starting point in terms of music taste. I eventually went through a phase where I would listen to just exclusively rap, but only mainstream rap, so people like Drake, Future, etc. After a while, I went back to Hard Rock/Heavy Metal but added a flair by starting to listen to music from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and sometimes Modern music (this are all styles of the genre you most likely know as "Classical music"). Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Shostakovich, Dvorak, Aaron Copland, and Gustav Holst are examples of some of the people I would listen to.  I've really broadened my horizons recently, and now I occasionally listen to anime soundtracks (Not many or much though), Lo-fi music, video game/film music, etc. The only things I refuse to really listen to are Country, Dubstep, and anything more intensive than Slipknot in the metal field.  For me, I listen to certain music when I'm in a certain mood. So when I want to hype myself up I listen to Rap. If I want to get work done or analyze something, I listen to "Classical Music." When I work out/run, Metal or Rap are my go to. Lo-fi is for when I'm going on a cruise or just want to relax.

Just in case you're curious, I'll give you 5 people/groups from each genre I enjoy along with some of my favorites by them. 

Hard Rock/Metal:
Avenged Sevenfold
Disturbed
System of a Down
Linkin Park
Three Days Grace (anything before Transit of Venus)

Video Game/Film Music:
John Williams (duh)
Hans Zimmer (duh)
John Polland (wrote How to Train Your Dragon's Music)
Jeremy Soule (Skyrim's Soundtrack)
Johan Soderqvist/Patrik Andren (Battlefield 1's Soundtrack)

Classical Music:
Dvorak (Serenade for Strings in E Major, Op. 22, B. 52)
Tchaikovsky (Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture, Symphony No. 5 in E Minor, 1812 Overture are all good starting points)
Gustav Holst (The Planets, First Suite in Eb, Second Suite in F)
Richard Wagner (Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral, Flight of the Valkyries)
Johannes Brahms (Eines Duetches Requiem, Symphony No 1 or 4)

Rap:
$ucideBoy$ (Carrollton)
DaBaby (Blame it On Baby)
Gucci Maine (On God, Richer than Everybody)
Roddy Rich (The Box)
NLE Choppa (Camelot, Shotta Flow)

Lofi: 

I listen to a playlist on Spotify called "Chill Beats Weekly." Super good lo-fi playlist.

Anime: Tokyo Ghoul, Death Note, SAO, Attack on Titan are some good soundtracks in my opinion
(08-13-2020, 10:21 AM)Honor Wrote: lofi

I listen to lofi when I'm writing for English class lol

(08-13-2020, 11:57 AM)saltychapdaddy Wrote: Alright, so here goes:

I have a VERY broad taste in music. My father introduced to me to groups like Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, and Metallica at a young age, so that is my starting point in terms of music taste. I eventually went through a phase where I would listen to just exclusively rap, but only mainstream rap, so people like Drake, Future, etc. After a while, I went back to Hard Rock/Heavy Metal but added a flair by starting to listen to music from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and sometimes Modern music (this are all styles of the genre you most likely know as "Classical music"). Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Shostakovich, Dvorak, Aaron Copland, and Gustav Holst are examples of some of the people I would listen to.  I've really broadened my horizons recently, and now I occasionally listen to anime soundtracks (Not many or much though), Lo-fi music, video game/film music, etc. The only things I refuse to really listen to are Country, Dubstep, and anything more intensive than Slipknot in the metal field. 

Just in case you're curious, I'll give you 5 people/groups from each genre I enjoy along with some of my favorites by them. 

Hard Rock/Metal:
Avenged Sevenfold
Disturbed
System of a Down
Linkin Park
Three Days Grace (anything before Transit of Venus)

Video Game/Film Music:
John Williams (duh)
Hans Zimmer (duh)
John Polland (wrote How to Train Your Dragon's Music)
Jeremy Soule (Skyrim's Soundtrack)
Johan Soderqvist/Patrik Andren (Battlefield 1's Soundtrack)

Classical Music:
Dvorak (Serenade for Strings in E Major, Op. 22, B. 52)
Tchaikovsky (Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture, Symphony No. 5 in E Minor, 1812 Overture are all good starting points)
Gustav Holst (The Planets, First Suite in Eb, Second Suite in F)
Richard Wagner (Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral, Flight of the Valkyries)
Johannes Brahms (Eines Duetches Requiem, Symphony No 1 or 4)

Rap:
$ucideBoy$ (Carrollton)
DaBaby (Blame it On Baby)
Gucci Maine (On God, Richer than Everybody)
Roddy Rich (The Box)
NLE Choppa (Camelot, Shotta Flow)

Lofi: 

I listen to a playlist on Spotify called "Chill Beats Weekly." Super good lo-fi playlist.

Anime: Tokyo Ghoul, Death Note, SAO, Attack on Titan are some good soundtracks in my opinion

I love this! You do have a very diverse taste haha. SOAD is awesome, btw :)
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
My overall taste in music lies mostly geared towards 80's/90's rock to some subgenres of Metal, mostly favoring Sabaton (Due to my extensive interest in military history) But I'm not shy for some occasional party music, background themes of either movies or games, the occasional country song (These are rarer but still have an honorable mention).

Bands that stand out for me are:

Sabaton (Mix of Metal and Rock on occasion)
Green Day
Lynard Skynard

Background composers that stand out for me:
Hans Zimmer (What a guess)
Grant Kirkhope

There have been especially a few games wich helped me generate this, probably at the top stands Guitar Hero 2, followed closely by GTA San Andreas (K-DST gang) and I discovered Sabaton through Hearts of Iron IV
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
now if we talkin game music I listen to sonic music cause it tends to be more like club music or EDM type stuff, but also CASTLE-FUCKING-VANIA music is so good it usually mixes rock and classical plus they tend to be so hype and emotional to the plot of the story, together as an example this is one of my favorite songs from the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyjmWC6Ebdk
My mood would switch from indie to pop to rap and so on haha! So I guess my taste in music is very mixed and depends on what I'm feeling I guess. I wouldn't say no to (some) country music or kpop, and I'm not opposed to any other genre. <3 Will definitely give a listen to whatever people have commented so far if I ever need a change.
[Image: dinkleshitsignaturetiny.jpg]
I strictly listen to infant annhilator and cannibal corpse
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Mostly just listen to SiIvaGunner rips and anything that I come across that sounds nice.
[Image: bb6.jpg]
(08-13-2020, 03:33 PM)daisy Wrote: My mood would switch from indie to pop to rap and so on haha! So I guess my taste in music is very mixed and depends on what I'm feeling I guess. I wouldn't say no to (some) country music or kpop, and I'm not opposed to any other genre. <3 Will definitely give a listen to whatever people have commented so far if I ever need a change.

artist suggestion: catfish and the bottlemen
you might like them!
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
I mostly listen to newer rap, favorite sub genre would have to be Psychedelic rap though. Some of my top artists would have to be Kid Cudi, old Travis Scott, old Chance the Rapper, Lil Uzi, etc. I also like rock and some grunge.