Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Your Music Tastes?
Hi. So, I'm bored, and want to learn more about other people in this community. What's the best way to get to know somebody? Ask what kind of music they listen to!

I personally listen to many different genres of music, but I most often listen to classic rock, alt-rock, and indie music. As people in the Discord may know, my favorite artist is Panic! At The Disco. It's a small obsession hehe

(not like I have posters everywhere and even an autographed picture that I keep on my shelf.)
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
My favorite genres are: Metal(Thrash and plain ol heavy), 2000s Emo/Pop Rock(MCR AFI Sublime Green Day etc...), Punk (British Wave and hardcore, EX The Clash and Dead Kennedys)
Indifferent or good: 70/80s rock(ELO Van Halen Boston), Grunge(Alice in Chains Nirvana Pearl Jam), EDM/Dubstep/Club (Don't know any by name just bundle them all together), Opera/orchestral pieces (honestly who doesn't love a good fuckin classical music piece every now and again)
Most hated genres: Country, Mumble Rap

So I grew up with grunge still being played on the radio and slowly moved over to the 2000s alt rock/pop punk phase. My father really liked old rock and first wave punk. My brother was super into heavy metal cause of guitar hero and it rubbed off on me. Dance music is just overall fun to listen to. I hate country because I've been exposed to terrible country artists my entire life because of the region I live in. Mumble rap because I don't like rap that much to begin with and then I can't even understand them, plus mumble rap usually tends to fill the stereotypes that my grandma has about rap music. Later in life I rediscovered Emo through The Black Parade because it was a concept album that felt very in line with what I was emotionally going through at the time, and I notice that a lot of that music tends to have albums that every song ties into each other OR the lyrics tend to be a bit more poetic than other genres. That however is my personal opinion.
(08-13-2020, 01:34 AM)Battons Wrote: My favorite genres are: Metal(Thrash and plain ol heavy), 2000s Emo/Pop Rock(MCR AFI Sublime Green Day etc...), Punk (British Wave and hardcore, EX The Clash and Dead Kennedys)
Indifferent or good: 70/80s rock(ELO Van Halen Boston), Grunge(Alice in Chains Nirvana Pearl Jam), EDM/Dubstep/Club (Don't know any by name just bundle them all together), Opera/orchestral pieces (honestly who doesn't love a good fuckin classical music piece every now and again)
Most hated genres: Country, Mumble Rap

So I grew up with grunge still being played on the radio and slowly moved over to the 2000s alt rock/pop punk phase. My father really liked old rock and first wave punk. My brother was super into heavy metal cause of guitar hero and it rubbed off on me. Dance music is just overall fun to listen to. I hate country because I've been exposed to terrible country artists my entire life because of the region I live in. Mumble rap because I don't like rap that much to begin with and then I can't even understand them, plus mumble rap usually tends to fill the stereotypes that my grandma has about rap music. Later in life I rediscovered Emo through The Black Parade because it was a concept album that felt very in line with what I was emotionally going through at the time, and I notice that a lot of that music tends to have albums that every song ties into each other OR the lyrics tend to be a bit more poetic than other genres. That however is my personal opinion.

I feel you on the country thing. Growing up in the South and not liking country music is a tough life ;-;

My stepdad always listened to rock when I was younger, so that's probably where my tastes come from. I fell in love with Panic! in middle school and have been obsessed ever since. MCR is also great <3
Brendon Urie though <3

So I listen to pretty much all genres except K-pop and metal (although i'm not opposed to them, I can appreciate a good song when I hear one - it's just not a preference). Really depends on the song for me, not the genre!
[Image: Ban_Dink.jpg]
(08-13-2020, 01:38 AM)snicks Wrote: Brendon Urie though <3

So I listen to pretty much all genres except K-pop and metal (although i'm not opposed to them, I can appreciate a good song when I hear one - it's just not a preference). Really depends on the song for me, not the genre!

yeah, I get that.

also, I am in LOVE with Brendon. Like I said, I have an autographed pic of him. I say goodnight to it every night <3
I'm one of those people that pretty much likes any kind of music haha.
I have two playlists that I regularly listen to and they are pretty opposite of each other. My Spotify playlist includes bands like Falling in Reverse, Papa Roach, Three Days Grace (essentially punk rock). While my Youtube music playlist consists of Melanie Martinez, Alec Benjamin, blackbear (essentially pop).
I don't hate country just don't personally listen to it on a daily basis and I usually don't listen to rap, except like Eminem or Hollywood Undead, but I don't hate it either.
I'll even listen to K-Pop/J-Pop sometimes too.
So I'm kinda all flippy floppy haha. 

Btw love Panic at the Disco c:
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aefbf09e110e07fa9d...y.gif&ct=g]
(08-13-2020, 02:12 AM)§5Aki Wrote: I'm one of those people that pretty much likes any kind of music haha.
I have two playlists that I regularly listen to and they are pretty opposite of each other. My Spotify playlist includes bands like Falling in Reverse, Papa Roach, Three Days Grace (essentially punk rock). While my Youtube music playlist consists of Melanie Martinez, Alec Benjamin, blackbear (essentially pop).
I don't hate country just don't personally listen to it on a daily basis and I usually don't listen to rap, except like Eminem or Hollywood Undead, but I don't hate it either.
I'll even listen to K-Pop/J-Pop sometimes too.
So I'm kinda all flippy floppy haha. 

Btw love Panic at the Disco c:

Blackbear and Melanie used to be my SHIT bro O_O
Metal (of pretty much any subgenre besides slam), psychedelic rock, prog rock/metal, experimental hip hop, pop-punk, hardcore punk are most of what I got on Spotify
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
lofi
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
Video game bgms and anime shit.
I guess that could classify as pop music.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020