Unban Request
(09-02-2020, 09:49 PM)Spunk Wrote: One of those screenshots included Benny and I attempting to propkill each other. I didn't report him and didn't care to. Can't speak for Benny. Whatever role the screenshot involving me plays shouldn't be counted. That's all. gl on ur unban dawg
Thanks for bringing that up spunk. I'd like to mention that a lot of times where people died by me it was for reasons that might not necessarily show up in the logs, like prop killing or attempted prop kill. Yes, I did kill some players in complete RDM at certain points, but was often slain for it fairly, and overall I think a perma ban might be jumping the gun, but I am not an admin of course and it is your decision.
So of course, if someone is disgruntled they can single out situations that they want even if they have no idea what really happened.
-1 I see no genuine apology or remorse for your actions.

EDIT: I'll change this to a -1 for full unban +1 for reduction just cause first time offense even if it seems questionable.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(09-02-2020, 09:34 PM)Cyrus Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 09:28 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2217846529
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2217846583
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2217846752
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2217846880
Here is another example of you rdming today just hours before you got banned. I didn’t add these to the ban request so I figured I should post these here for reference too. You literally rdm all the time. Then when someone called you out on it you got mad and started trolling. 1- no thanks. I really don’t think you will stop rdming even if you do get unbanned anyway.
I mean, I've played like 7 or 8 hours in the past few days. There's bound to be RDM at certain points. Yeah, I made mistakes in killing some people, and I got slain for it.  I don't have any clue of "Then when someone called you out on it you got mad and started trolling." what you are referring to of this. 

(09-02-2020, 09:33 PM)dong Wrote: When there are no staff online that does not mean the rules won't still be upheld. Just because other people are doing something wrong doesn't mean that you or whoever else joining in would make it right. There are people who will log what's happening and post ban requests accordingly and I believe that's what happened here.

On another note though, what exactly would you constitute as Jesse's "personal motivation?" If you have a story to that or any evidence to back that feel free to post it to support your claim(s).
I understand, and I apologize. I wasn't trying to say that any RDM that occurred was justified, but that I feel that most people yesterday when a lot of the rdm occurred were all playing together for fun and didn't necessarily have any issue with it, and I feel that Jesse cherry picked a lot of the RDM in order to show that I was the "only one" causing chaos instead of other causing it as well, resulting in everyone killing each other.

At some point yesterday we got into an argument after a round because I killed him once or twice, and it continued for a bit back and forth, then he talked about how he was going to report me and such. I haven't done anything to target Jessie or argue with him today and I've spent a lot of today playing with other members on the server and enjoying time. 
I believe he's personally motivated because it's not that he actually cares that I had RDM'd at points on the server, but rather because he dislikes me as a person since our interactions together.

I also had an argument with Lycan yesterday, which actually involved a significant amount of him RDMing me at the beginning of rounds, but we moved past that and neither him nor I have had any actual conflict since.
Jess would've reported you even if you guys hadn't argued. Jesse is the most active member on the forums when it comes to ban requests. Even if you and him argued you still massed
Personally I'm +0 leaning towards a +1. The reason being is that time that I've played with Cyrus (Today before he got banned a little yesterday) he seemed like a decent guy and fun to play with. I however can't speak on the RDMs as I wasn't there. Although it is worth mentioning that I don't recall having to slay him whilst I've been on.
(09-02-2020, 09:54 PM)Battons Wrote: -1 I see no genuine apology or remorse for your actions.
Okay, I want to retry at explaining,

I don't defend any of my actions and I agree that I did rdm at points, and there was unjustified rdm that should be punished. I'd like to ask not to be permabanned for the rdm though and instead temp banned, I enjoy playing on the server and it's a really high quality server with great players, I didn't know the escalation of punishments were this severe, and yes, I shouldn't have RDM'D even if the punishments were this severe, so I know I should be banned to some extent but I'm just asking not permanent

(09-02-2020, 09:55 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 09:34 PM)Cyrus Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 09:28 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2217846529
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2217846583
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2217846752
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2217846880
Here is another example of you rdming today just hours before you got banned. I didn’t add these to the ban request so I figured I should post these here for reference too. You literally rdm all the time. Then when someone called you out on it you got mad and started trolling. 1- no thanks. I really don’t think you will stop rdming even if you do get unbanned anyway.
I mean, I've played like 7 or 8 hours in the past few days. There's bound to be RDM at certain points. Yeah, I made mistakes in killing some people, and I got slain for it.  I don't have any clue of "Then when someone called you out on it you got mad and started trolling." what you are referring to of this. 

(09-02-2020, 09:33 PM)dong Wrote: When there are no staff online that does not mean the rules won't still be upheld. Just because other people are doing something wrong doesn't mean that you or whoever else joining in would make it right. There are people who will log what's happening and post ban requests accordingly and I believe that's what happened here.

On another note though, what exactly would you constitute as Jesse's "personal motivation?" If you have a story to that or any evidence to back that feel free to post it to support your claim(s).
I understand, and I apologize. I wasn't trying to say that any RDM that occurred was justified, but that I feel that most people yesterday when a lot of the rdm occurred were all playing together for fun and didn't necessarily have any issue with it, and I feel that Jesse cherry picked a lot of the RDM in order to show that I was the "only one" causing chaos instead of other causing it as well, resulting in everyone killing each other.

At some point yesterday we got into an argument after a round because I killed him once or twice, and it continued for a bit back and forth, then he talked about how he was going to report me and such. I haven't done anything to target Jessie or argue with him today and I've spent a lot of today playing with other members on the server and enjoying time. 
I believe he's personally motivated because it's not that he actually cares that I had RDM'd at points on the server, but rather because he dislikes me as a person since our interactions together.

I also had an argument with Lycan yesterday, which actually involved a significant amount of him RDMing me at the beginning of rounds, but we moved past that and neither him nor I have had any actual conflict since.
Jess would've reported you even if you guys hadn't argued. Jesse is the most active member on the forums when it comes to ban requests. Even if you and him argued you still massed
My point isn't that I didn't make mistakes, which I am still apologizing for and understand being punished for the RDM that I DID do, but rather that I believe Jesse is exaggerating the problems that I have actually caused on the server and has falsely posted some of the logs. Yes some are true, and yes I agree that I should be punished for those, but I don't find it true the extent to which he believes and is trying to indicate that I have caused issues
+1
The fact that there is an appeal is worth something, especially since its only the first offence. Much better than any troll who rdms to rdm, rather than someone who is interested in being part of the community and happens to rdm at times.

(09-02-2020, 09:22 PM)dong Wrote: Here's the thread that got you banned

Regardless of this being your first ban, attempted mass RDM or consistently rdming are both punishable with a permanent ban.
I think its a bit silly to apply it on the rules alone. The mods obviously deserve full discretion here, even though that's the recommended punishment, I think its not an obvious choice for someone who is interested in staying. For people that come to rdm and leave when they get banned never to return, it makes sense, but for players that want to be part of the community, I think this is a little much and doesn't give people a chance.

I will say also that there was a fair amount of rdm from a number of members that day, there were a few RDM feuds going on, and also a lot of donors abusing their kick permissions, hence why I pinged the on call staff to come on that day. Between a few guests that weren't worth anyone's time to report and some of our more infamous rdmers among donors, it was much more a crowd mentality of rdm than individual actions. I think taking those logs out of context is in bad faith and all of you who were present know that's the case.
I am gonna say +1 for reduction. I can tell you are sincere about what happened yesterday but, I do believe that you need to face some sort of punishment. I think you should be added 1 slay for every rdm that occurred and unbanned or at minimum a 3-day ban.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(09-02-2020, 09:34 PM)Cyrus Wrote: I mean, I've played like 7 or 8 hours in the past few days. There's bound to be RDM at certain points. Yeah, I made mistakes in killing some people, and I got slain for it.  I don't have any clue of "Then when someone called you out on it you got mad and started trolling." what you are referring to of this. 
your telling me you think that what has to be 25-40 rdms is at all good in 7 or 8 hours because that is not ok i could understand AT MOST 10 hell ive probably done that but not rdming every round 
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
(09-02-2020, 10:50 PM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 09:34 PM)Cyrus Wrote: I mean, I've played like 7 or 8 hours in the past few days. There's bound to be RDM at certain points. Yeah, I made mistakes in killing some people, and I got slain for it.  I don't have any clue of "Then when someone called you out on it you got mad and started trolling." what you are referring to of this. 
your telling me you think that what has to be 25-40 rdms is at all good in 7 or 8 hours because that is not ok i could understand AT MOST 10 hell ive probably done that but not rdming every round 
Very kind of you to chime in, given that you weren't there for any of these, and that I think is a grossly misquoted number. These numbers, again, are entirely without context.

Regarding context, I will say we have 1 or 2 superbly biased donors that were participating in yesterday's saltfest, and a number of other people participating in this threat with no understanding of what was actually going on, except that they see big numbers misquoted by some of our favorite donors

This isn't meant to be an ad hominem, but I think its a funny anecdote, people joking in game (a conversation that I didn't have any part in starting)
*DEAD* Benny Bologna: jesse posts false evidence
Cyrus I feel like you aren’t sincere in apologizing for the rdm that you have done. I do not false report logs and I don’t appreciate you saying I do. Other people were complaining about you rdming too. I believe this thread should not turn into an attack on me just for trying to make sure that no one will cause problems. The responses you have give makes it seems that you don’t care if you rdm or not. Trying to attack a player should not be a way to get unbanned. Also while other people besides you were  rdming it I didn’t notice any of them doing constant or massing like you did. Now if I missed something and someone else did constant rdm or massed then I apologize. I noticed you in particular because people pointed it out to me and were complaining. While what Spunk said may be true you were rdming other people with a gun.  Even if you didn’t argue with me I was decided to post a ban request on yours before that due to the rdms I noticed coming from you. I honestly don’t care about the argument you and me had anymore at this point. I can forgive that. What I have trouble forgiving is the fact of you attacking me and saying I lie about logs. I do not try to lie about logs at all. If I see something that can be classified as rdm due to what I see in then I report if it’s constant enough or mass. Can I make mistakes sometime? Sure, just like any other human being.  How about this. If you apologized sincerely at first and then not try to attack me then I might of 1+ this appeal. Being rude like that should be no way to get unbanned. I did noticed that you didn’t seem to cause as much problems yesterday as you did the other day though. That might of been because staff were on though so I’m not sure. Look, I can tell you might be an ok guy to play with at times maybe but the other day you were causing troubles. People complained to me so I posted a ban request. That is it. It didn’t even matter if you and I got into an argument or not anyway. I would of still posted it.