Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blocking cars on 67th way
And again I'm not necessarily advocating for a permanent ban, eve though the guidelines call for that. Im not sure a ban is warranted. A clear warning from upper staff would suffice.
Timbo was pretty blatantly ignoring other instruction from staff regarding minor issues (micspam, e.g.). It should be made clear that when staff say to not do something that serious, it should be taken seriously. I can gag when annoying soundboards are used, but I can't uncrash a server.
Ultimately the decision here is for the discretion of a moderator, not myself, to make.
I don't think this situation is spelled out in the motd that well. It probably should be updated to prevent confusion in the future. Otherwise how would a new player know that?
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(11-23-2020, 12:57 PM)Jammin Wrote: And again I'm not necessarily advocating for a permanent ban, eve though the guidelines call for that. Im not sure a ban is warranted. A clear warning from upper staff would suffice.
Timbo was pretty blatantly ignoring other instruction from staff regarding minor issues (micspam, e.g.). It should be made clear that when staff say to not do something that serious, it should be taken seriously. I can gag when annoying soundboards are used, but I can't uncrash a server.
Ultimately the decision here is for the discretion of a moderator, not myself, to make.
I don't think this situation is spelled out in the motd that well. It probably should be updated to prevent confusion in the future. Otherwise how would a new player know that?

the firing squad is too kind to scum who stop traffic on 67th way or play music to make people laugh
FYI I banned someone for doing this the other day for a week, I say just ban for a week as a placeholder, and let the admins decide to up it if not.

While I was staff none of us were really informed that it had stopped working, so I banned off the general idea that it has happened and could happen.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
Not trying to make a mountain of a molehill but the incident occurred again earlier today.
Any arguments of "i didn't know this was an issue" are now out the window. Whether this is an issue or not, Timbo has no intention of following staff direction.

But again, if stopping the car no longer crashes the server, this thread can be closed and forgotten. I don't want to be fun police. I do want to keep the server online.
[Image: NextDay1.PNG]
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(11-23-2020, 07:51 PM)Jammin Wrote: Not trying to make a mountain of a molehill but the incident occurred again earlier today.
Any arguments of "i didn't know this was an issue" are now out the window. Whether this is an issue or not, Timbo has no intention of following staff direction.

But again, if stopping the car no longer crashes the server, this thread can be closed and forgotten. I don't want to be fun police. I do want to keep the server online.
[Image: NextDay1.PNG]

You gotta admit that was a pretty solid joke though
No staff have come to actually finish this so im going ahead with banning for a week, considering the fact that he continued despite staff direction to stop, and the fact that I have already banned someone for doing the same thing earlier this week for the same thing.

Regardless of whether or not it actually crashes the server, unless staff were informed otherwise (in which we never were since i've been staff), it is safe to treat blocking the cars as an attempt to crash the server until admin clarification is established.
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(11-25-2020, 04:36 PM)Mana Wrote: No staff have come to actually finish this so im going ahead with banning for a week, considering the fact that he continued despite staff direction to stop, and the fact that I have already banned someone for doing the same thing earlier this week for the same thing.

Regardless of whether or not it actually crashes the server, unless staff were informed otherwise (in which we never were since i've been staff), it is safe to treat blocking the cars as an attempt to crash the server until admin clarification is established.

If it doesn't crash the server then why would we ban him. The punishment needs to fit the crime and there is no crime here. To put a ban on Timbo for doing essentially nothing would be ridiculous.
(11-25-2020, 04:41 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 04:36 PM)Mana Wrote: -snip

If it doesn't crash the server then why would we ban him. The punishment needs to fit the crime and there is no crime here. To put a ban on Timbo for doing essentially nothing would be ridiculous.
Should someone just ask Nicol or dong then? People have still been punishing this for a while so I don’t know. Maybe I should make a thread about this to clarify the ruling.
(11-25-2020, 04:41 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 04:36 PM)Mana Wrote: No staff have come to actually finish this so im going ahead with banning for a week, considering the fact that he continued despite staff direction to stop, and the fact that I have already banned someone for doing the same thing earlier this week for the same thing.

What doesn't make even more sense is why would I not ban him when i've just banned someone for it the other day and then just let him do it even after telling staff to stop.
Admins have never clarified whether or not it is safe to do and they haven't made a response regarding this, and until they finally clarify, It should be treated as an attempt to crash the server.
If they just go ahead and say, "oh yeah we fixed that no need to ban" then I or another mod can just unban him and the person i banned earlier this week and we can call it a day.
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
To ban someone else over this just because you've done it before , to not this time would be unfair to the other banned player.

Infallible logic