Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTT Suggestions
(01-23-2020, 03:17 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 10:18 AM)Noire ♜ Wrote: demote inactive staff it's dumb they get to keep their ranks unless I guess if they're d-mods. 
dink, pls fix.

it's kinda embarrassing funny how ph brought it up first lmao

Remember this? I do.

While there is a valid argument to be made over which admins are making decisions, I disagree with it being solely by server hours. I’ll rant at some point about that again.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(01-23-2020, 10:18 AM)Noire ♜ Wrote: demote inactive staff it's dumb they get to keep their ranks unless I guess if they're d-mods. 
dink, pls fix.

Would be a hard thing to do anyway when people that resign normally don’t even get their ranks taken away until months after it is noted. Makes enforcing the myth of “unresigning” harder too, know this part was an issue last year

And as admins we try to hold to a reasonable community activity standard when formally voting on things
dink, pls fix.

Glad someone finally says it, I look on the discord, and more then half of these staff members are people that haven't been on the server since ive been here (comming up on 5-6 months now?) staff who are completely inactive should be cycle'd out with more active players. (those who apply and qualify though, obviously..) It is hilarious people who haven't played an hour in over half a year can come back and retain a staff position.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(01-23-2020, 03:45 PM)Gabe Wrote:
dink, pls fix.

Would be a hard thing to do anyway when people that resign normally don’t even get their ranks taken away until months after it is noted. Makes enforcing the myth of “unresigning” harder too, know this part was an issue last year

And as admins we try to hold to a reasonable community activity standard when formally voting on things

There is a tooooooooooooooooooooon of stuff that will have to happen behind the scenes, I do know that. However, allowing staff to be inactive for months, to years sometimes, at a time is without a doubt ridiculous. I understand it's just staffing a Garry's Mod server but christ, the clutter that comes with all these inactive staff members. Not to mention, look at people who have resigned from staff positions all. EpicGuy, you know where he started when he got back from his inactivity/resignation? Trusted. On the other hand you have some people who are currently Moderators and T-Mods, all they have to do is be inactive for a few months, play whenever they want, and keep their ranks. They don't have to work back up to anything because they never left. That's dumb. Dumb as hell.

My rant is basically saying that our staff team should not punish those with enough decency and balls to take to the forums and resign because they cannot uphold their current position in the community. We should, however, be punishing those who do or at least seem to, not give two fucks about this server.

and our current staff team is more of an embarrassment than any ttt vs ph shitpost.
(01-23-2020, 03:25 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 03:17 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
dink, pls fix.

Remember this? I do.

While there is a valid argument to be made over which admins are making decisions, I disagree with it being solely by server hours. I’ll rant at some point about that again.

I agree that it should not be based solely on server hours, I'm just saying there was a procedure for inactive admins (since there's barely anything addressing general inactive staff, i grabbed that) that was never followed, and I don't see how trying to implement something like that again will work if we're technically in an even worse situation.
While this is technically a suggestion, I do feel like this discussion warrants a new thread solely on this topic. As to not distract from the main purpose of this thread.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(01-23-2020, 05:17 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: While this is technically a suggestion, I do feel like this discussion warrants a new thread solely on this topic. As to not distract from the main purpose of this thread.

under construction

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Hijacking this thread again to say that I'm gonna be testing some additional maps that might be added. Once they're on the test server I'll look through them and decide if they could work on the server. Any criticism and opinions are welcome.
  • ttt_starwars_v1: A big, open Star Wars themed map. Seems pretty fun.
  • ttt_stadium_2019: An updated version of stadium. Makes a mostly boring map slightly less boring.
  • ttt_weekend_in_alley_fog: A neat city map, however the optimization might not be enough. Don't count on this one making the cut.
  • ttt_abandonedsubway: A neat, spooky subway map. Also quite unsure about this one.
  • ttt_simple_otat1: A simple map with a simple, but pleasing, aesthetic.
  • ttt_gcastle_v1: A castle map, however it doesn't have enough spawns. That's an easy fix if this does make the cut, however.
  • ttt_rpgvillage_edit: A pixel-themed map that's both large and interesting. Might be a good map for those who miss kakariko.
  • ttt_wickford_v3: A map I found earlier today by watching a youtube ttt series(yogscast). Seems interesting, but it also needs more spawns. We'll see

Let me know if you've played any of these and there are any serious issues. Once they're added I'll spend some time testing and taking notes about each map. It's unlikely all of these will make it to the live server, but hey, that's what testing is for.
(01-23-2020, 07:53 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: [*]ttt_weekend_in_alley_fog: A neat city map, however the optimization might not be enough. Don't count on this one making the cut.
[*]

This map is great, but so incredibly laggy in some areas. There's also decals of naked chicks so idk how sheltered this server is in terms of that. Great map, but the fps can be a little bit of a killer depending on where you are.
(01-23-2020, 09:44 PM)Alabama Wizard Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 07:53 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: [*]ttt_weekend_in_alley_fog: A neat city map, however the optimization might not be enough. Don't count on this one making the cut.
[*]

This map is great, but so incredibly laggy in some areas. There's also decals of naked chicks so idk how sheltered this server is in terms of that. Great map, but the fps can be a little bit of a killer depending on where you are.
[*]

Yeah I've noticed the lag at times. This fog version is supposed to help with that but I am unsure. There is nothing too raunchy, no naked anything. But yeah I was unsure about this one to begin with.