Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Interesting Problem
(01-26-2020, 11:07 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I've had a problem with gmod capping my framerate at 144fps for the past few days, but under very specific circumstances. I'll bullet it out:
  • Only happens on Dinklebergs Prophunt
  • Only happens in Borderless Windowed and Windowed

The Easy Solutions: 
1. Stop playing Dinkleberg's Prop hunt and play some TTT with the big nerds
2. Full screen your game. You have 2-3 Monitors and shouldn't be a problem for you.

(01-27-2020, 02:17 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 02:05 AM)§5Ginger Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 01:58 AM)leftjupiter18 Wrote: I don’t even know what my fps on gmod is, I don’t really even know how to check it honestly.

Type "cl_showfps 1" without the quotation marks into your console.. It'll show at the very top right of your screen. Really small easy to miss.

Additionally, net_graph 1 shows a bigger one on the bottom right that includes ping. I use it all the time.

Net Graph is awesome and I use it all the time as well. 

If you're concerned about full screen and not being able to record with OBS, they have hot keys to enable it. There's also screen designation (not the real term but it's early) for recording so that you only capture the game play and audio (you probably already know this stuff but i'm saying it anyways for the benefit of others). 
(01-27-2020, 08:06 AM)Mr Voss Wrote: [quote='RussEfarmer' pid='75464' dateline='1580098042']
I've had a problem with gmod capping my framerate at 144fps for the past few days, but under very specific circumstances. I'll bullet it out:

The Easy Solutions: 
2. Full screen your game. You have 2-3 Monitors and shouldn't be a problem for you.

The big problem with this is clicking ANYWHERE outside the window while fullscreen counts as alt tabbing, and there's a huge delay in computer usability when this happens. As much as I click outside my window for web browsers, notepads and other things, this just isn't an option.
(01-27-2020, 08:17 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 08:06 AM)Mr Voss Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 11:07 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I've had a problem with gmod capping my framerate at 144fps for the past few days, but under very specific circumstances. I'll bullet it out:

The Easy Solutions: 

The big problem with this is clicking ANYWHERE outside the window while fullscreen counts as alt tabbing, and there's a huge delay in computer usability when this happens. As much as I click outside my window for web browsers, notepads and other things, this just isn't an option.
Have you tried "-window -w 1920 -h 1080 -noborder" in the launch options? It allows full screen play without tabbing when you click on a new window.
(01-27-2020, 06:01 PM)Mantis Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 08:17 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 08:06 AM)Mr Voss Wrote:

The Easy Solutions: 

Have you tried "-window -w 1920 -h 1080 -noborder" in the launch options? It allows full screen play without tabbing when you click on a new window.

1080p? That’s for some real losers.
(01-27-2020, 08:39 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote: 1080p? That’s for some real losers.

I am personally offended. I haven't upgraded my rig in a while and refuse to be ridiculed by some idiot scrub respected member of the community.
(01-27-2020, 02:21 AM)§5Ginger Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 02:17 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 02:05 AM)§5Ginger Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 01:58 AM)leftjupiter18 Wrote: I don’t even know what my fps on gmod is, I don’t really even know how to check it honestly.

Type "cl_showfps 1" without the quotation marks into your console.. It'll show at the very top right of your screen. Really small easy to miss.

Additionally, net_graph 1 shows a bigger one on the bottom right that includes ping. I use it all the time.
Ok oh.. My apologies I was just trying to help

I mean both work, I’ve seen Russ’s and it ends up taking a good bit of the bottom of the screen so i’d Rather the smaller one.
(01-27-2020, 08:54 PM)EpicGuy Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 08:39 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote: 1080p? That’s for some real losers.

I am personally offended. I haven't upgraded my rig in a while and refuse to be ridiculed by some idiot scrub respected member of the community.

My phone screen has more pixels than that, kid.