Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost glitch is back
In the video i shall post you will see that the ghost glitch is back: 

Im sure there are gonna be more reports
Maybe you should fspec yourself and not ghost
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
(03-17-2017, 11:19 AM)reed1103 Wrote: Maybe you should fspec yourself and not ghost

I did after I recorded the video
Youtube cockblocked, please explain.
(03-17-2017, 11:24 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Youtube cockblocked, please explain.

We occasionally have a glitch, known as dead-alive, where you die but you can still communicate with living players. The only way to fix it midround is to !fspec and !unspec the glitched players.

At this moment, we still don't know what causes it. We're investigating a few possibilities. My money is, once again, on sv.db being garbage. @"A Fish" and @Everyjuan are working on recoding the remaining addons that write to sv.db to reduce the load on that further. Additionally, they've optimized the shit out of the mySQL server so it runs a lot smoother.

The following is my speculation and I have no way of backing it up in this moment: I believe the issue with dead-alive is both sv.db and the server improperly processing basic gmod bullshit. Something goes awry whenit loads up the map. Purging sv.db will definitely help, but it's a bandage until we have the time to do a clean reinstall on the server (no player data will be lost, since that's stored on the mySQL box). That's on the horizon. In the mean time, purging sv.db should mostly stop dead-alive from happening.
This can be caused by a connection error to the sql. It can also be caused by a sql reboot.

This time it was caused by a SQL reboot.