Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DR General Suggestion Thread
I've been working on DeathRun to see what maps need fixed, pointshop errors, etc. I'm asking you all for your SERIOUS input on what can be done to improve the quality of life on the server. The main thing people will say is "its dead bla blah blah," but in order to make a change there has to be backdoor stuff done. Whenever Derp and I are on we usually get a ton of people to play and almost max out the server, so below are a few things I'm looking into, so please keep this serious as it is a suggestion thread.

We've been going through the maps and looking for broken traps, so far we have dr_dust_rats with the first two traps broken

Jumpack needs fixed and removed for now or permanently. Gravity, power, etc.

Mounting light addons or whatever takes nearly two maps for it to load usually

!donate is broken as there is no longer a donation system

Superhero models are still in the game in inventories regardless of them being removed

Gametracker is broken

Then add and remove some maps wherever its possible
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
suggestion 1) populate the server
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Wasnt the jetpack removed after all the issues 
If yes please keep it out
 cause there really isnt a reason for it to be in there.

Takes the fun out of the game.

Also the Donate shop has been broken for about a year. Something like that could be fix from Dink if you pm him.

Wasnt Dr Dust Rats added a few months ago. Probably something to do with addons if not try and contact @Reed

Oh also adding that Gametracker should be up in running now if you click on server manager
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(02-12-2020, 12:31 AM)Hysender Wrote: Wasnt the jetpack removed after all the issues 

Also the Donate shop has been broken for about a year. Something like that could be fix from Dink if you pm him.

Wasnt Dr Dust Rats added a few months ago. Probably something to do with addons if not try and contact @Reed

Oh also adding that Gametracker should be up in running now if you click on server manager

Jump pack was removed but we would have to manually remove it from everyone's inventory, unless dink can do it automatically.
I also have talked to dink about the pointshop being broken a while ago but he couldn't figure it out
and the deathrun_rats_dust's traps are broken within the map not the addons(from what i can tell). So @reed1103 help

I would like to see the discord commands come to deathrun as well. Might help people stay longer than a few minutes
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(02-12-2020, 12:47 AM)Derp Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 12:31 AM)Hysender Wrote: Wasnt the jetpack removed after all the issues 

Jump pack was removed but we would have to manually remove it from everyone's inventory, unless dink can do it automatically.
I also have talked to dink about the pointshop being broken a while ago but he couldn't figure it out
and the deathrun_rats_dust's traps are broken within the map not the addons(from what i can tell). So @reed1103 help

I would like to see the discord commands come to deathrun as well. Might help people stay longer than a few minutes

If you really want it gone and out of inventories, delete it as an item on the admin side

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Suggestion: Accept this mans fucking application pLEASE ITS BEEN 5 MONTHS
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(02-12-2020, 08:07 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Suggestion: Accept this mans fucking application pLEASE ITS BEEN 5 MONTHS

If he waits another 9 months he will hold not only Admin but the longest staff app on hold title surpassing  Derp
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(02-12-2020, 02:17 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 12:47 AM)Derp Wrote:

If you really want it gone and out of inventories, delete it as an item on the admin side

The jump pack is built in to point shop and deleting it gives an error message saying it cant be removed. Dink might be able to go into the files to remove it but im not sure beyond that. The most i can do is remove it from the shop and delete it from people's inventories

(02-12-2020, 08:07 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Suggestion: Accept this mans fucking application pLEASE ITS BEEN 5 MONTHS

My mod app was up for 7 lmao
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
It's been a while since DR has received some love compared to TTT and PH and tbh even Murder, I'd like to see some skins added, honestly ones from the other three servers that's used a lot is good enough and dink knows where they are already. It saves him a little time and effort to make it easier for his busy schedule.
I'd also like to see some new trails, maps would be nice, and honestly if he's willing to crack into the coding, death messages would be super neato.
Going to give this the ye ol' bump, once again I'll be taking a look at things like I did before I got sucked in by ff14.
Also addressing some already stated stuff with me adding my own.
Jump Pack - after testing it myself there isn't an issue with it, all, or close to all, possible exploits with it have been patched see no reason to not have it in. The issue as brought up previously is when it's not in the shop itself, me and dink readded it in so people could get it.
Maps - When I was still active we just recently added maps, so imo we don't need to add some unless it's to replace some broken ones
Player models - If I remember dink said this was low on his priorities as he wants to fix the actual problems plaguing the server, tho it's been like 9 months so I might of got mixed up
Fix Finish scoreboard times (some have like 0:00 seconds)
increase the max player count
Modernize the rules (aka make it similar to TTT and prop hunt)
remove speed increase from Top player
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]