Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could we look at the rulebook and fix it?
Remember guys, if you RDM someone, you should immediately leave the game. You can’t get banned if you leave before a report is filed.
What's the problem and how do we fix it? This type of thread won't get anyone anywhere except arguments and trolling.
(03-08-2020, 07:19 PM)Battons Wrote: What's the problem and how do we fix it? This type of thread won't get anyone anywhere except arguments and trolling.

people are discussing the suggestions people have made and we can't really do anything but make a thread in the ya know suggestions part of the forums.
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
The problem is the rulebook is outdated, overcomplicated, and entirely back-asswards
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
For the KOS is sus only part:
This should be a KOS to people that don't assist in KOS of a traitor. If someone is called out and killed, whom ends up being traitor, anyone who just simply watches or "accidentally" kills the inno should be killed. Common sense right?
The reason this rule is fuzzy is because people are dumb. Imagine fozzy comes blazing into the room KOSes a guy and blasts him in the head right next to you and you have no idea whats going on, can fozzy KOS you because you immediately didn't snap to the person and blast their face off? Maybe you aren't good at aiming and fozzy just happened to already be on their head.
The problem with trying to make a easy to understand rule in TTT when it comes to KOSing is each server is different with different players who enjoy different things. I agree with aethor but I feel like too many people would shout RDM without even trying to understand aethors side.
EDIT: anyone thats killed due to false KOSes should be able to report the one who false KOSed and got them killed as a result, not the person who killed them for not following KOS.
(03-08-2020, 08:07 PM)Battons Wrote: EDIT: anyone thats killed due to false KOSes should be able to report the one who false KOSed and got them killed as a result, not the person who killed them for not following KOS.

That first part is already a rule. If you are false kos'd you have to report the person who called the false kos, not the killer. Perhaps I misunderstand.

Also I will discuss rule changes and additions with Avi in the near future when she's feeling better and not sick.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
You are correct, I just wanted to clarify it because I felt someone would bring it up as a reply to my post.
(03-08-2020, 08:07 PM)Battons Wrote: For the KOS is sus only part:
This should be a KOS to people that don't assist in KOS of a traitor. If someone is called out and killed, whom ends up being traitor, anyone who just simply watches or "accidentally" kills the inno should be killed. Common sense right?
I want to reword this. I believe anyone near a KOSed Traitor who blatantly refuses to follow the KOS and is given ample time to do so should be able to be KOSed.
The reason this rule is fuzzy is because people are dumb. Imagine fozzy comes blazing into the room KOSes a guy and blasts him in the head right next to you and you have no idea whats going on, can fozzy KOS you because you immediately didn't snap to the person and blast their face off? Maybe you aren't good at aiming and fozzy just happened to already be on their head.
This, in itself, is a common sense situation. In this situation, for arguments sake, let's say this all happens in 2-3 seconds. Fozzy runs in one second, KOSes someone next to you and kills them all in the same second. You weren't given ample time to act on the KOS, and therefore Fozzy would not be able to KOS you. For this particular situation, he would likely sus you for just chilling with a T, but every situation varies. As long as you make the attempt (shooting at the KOSed individual) in a reasonable amount of time, you won't have a problem. Every situation is different, though.
The problem with trying to make a easy to understand rule in TTT when it comes to KOSing is each server is different with different players who enjoy different things. I agree with aethor but I feel like too many people would shout RDM without even trying to understand aethors side.
That's why we have staff to explain the rules and help players learn. If someone doesn't understand aeth0r's side, have the staff member handling the report explain it calmly and clearly.
EDIT: anyone thats killed due to false KOSes should be able to report the one who false KOSed and got them killed as a result, not the person who killed them for not following KOS.
This is already the case.

My responses are in red.
I have no clue why the mods and admins have so much trouble doing their job and exercising their discretion
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(03-08-2020, 09:06 PM)Saitama Wrote: I have no clue why the mods and admins have so much trouble doing their job and exercising their discretion

We don't? Not sure where you've gotten this notion.
[Image: b_560x95.png]