Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brown abusing
Offender's Name: Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:150858368

Offender's Rank: Moderator

What They Did: so what happened is someone held an unid i shot him for it he id's it right as i shoot him and then i kill him and i get slain

When They Did It: Today round 1 on orange v7 dinks

Potential Witnesses: 

Proof: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/5...nknown.png https://youtu.be/gE8ojZoWREY

Other :
did you really just go straight to this rather than pming another mod or admin?
as i stated to you: the kos for ignoring an unid-ed body is generally for killing people who
1. have seen the body.
2. run away / leave the body as is.
in this case, the dude id-ed the body right as you shot him.
the general course of action is to TELL THEM TO ID THE BODY before you go and start turning triggerhappy.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
Did you give them time to ID it
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(03-21-2020, 07:22 PM)Foxka Wrote: Did you give them time to ID it

Watch the video i posted it shows what happened he didn't id it he held it with a magneto stick put it on the other side and started id'ing it right as i started shooting
(03-21-2020, 07:22 PM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote: did you really just go straight to this rather than pming another mod or admin?
as i stated to you: the kos for ignoring an unid-ed body is generally for killing people who
1. have seen the body.
2. run away / leave the body as is.
in this case, the dude id-ed the body right as you shot him.
the general course of action is to TELL THEM TO ID THE BODY before you go and start turning triggerhappy.

I answered a little context question in discord so there’s that I suppose. 

But anyways in general shooting someone running around with a body is typically kosable. Not that I watched the video or knew any timing or anything. Can’t remember offhand if there’s actually a clause that people have to tell about id the body, but if the guys got a magneto stick he knows

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(03-21-2020, 07:33 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: I answered a little context question in discord so there’s that I suppose. 

But anyways in general shooting someone running around with a body is typically kosable. Not that I watched the video or knew any timing or anything. Can’t remember offhand if there’s actually a clause that people have to tell about id the body, but if the guys got a magneto stick he knows

there isn't a clause for it, but thats how i've dealt with reports in cases like this.
regardless, the scene for me was iffy, and i was dealing with other people at the time of this so i slayed him on the fact the body was ultimately id-ed before he shot.

i also want to say, that in the footnotes for unid-ed bodies, determining whether or not it was rdm is largely up to staff discretion.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
Honestly you seem'd a bit eager too kill him for holding the body, and really, he only held it for a second or two, he was clearly going into a corner and crouching, you could have run up and ID'd the body at that point, but you choose to kill him, and as it turns out, he actually DID id the body before you shot, so I say the slay would have been justified, you have to give the person a chance to ID the body and in your video I did not see that.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(03-21-2020, 07:52 PM)SNAK Wrote: Honestly you seem'd a bit eager too kill him for holding the body, and really, he only held it for a second or two, he was clearly going into a corner and crouching, you could have run up and ID'd the body at that point, but you choose to kill him, and as it turns out, he actually DID id the body before you shot, so I say the slay would have been justified, you have to give the person a chance to ID the body and in your video I did not see that.

how was i eager to kill him he literally failed to id a body and instead went up to pick it up he id'ed it right as i started shooting him by your logic i should id everybody's unid for them
(03-21-2020, 07:43 PM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote: there isn't a clause for it, but thats how i've dealt with reports in cases like this.
regardless, the scene for me was iffy, and i was dealing with other people at the time of this so i slayed him on the fact the body was ultimately id-ed before he shot.

i also want to say, that in the footnotes for unid-ed bodies, determining whether or not it was rdm is largely up to staff discretion.

Reasons to call a Kill-on-Sight(KOS):
 Knowingly walking past or failing to identify an unidentified body 2
Player is KOSable only if the body is reasonably visible, e.g. not under a bench or in a dark corner. Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion

I think you're taking the liberty of staff discretion a little to far in this case. The player clearly, knowingly failed to id the body. If he had been standing over the body in this case, I'd be with you but he held the body, failing to id it. Could Meemo have given him more time to id in general? yes. Should the player have just id'd the body first? Also yes. I don't think it's fair to slay someone considering most people would react to shooting someone if they were holing a unid body with a magneto stick.

I don't think this is abuse either way, worst-case: a simple mistake. I read the excerpt as it being up  to staff discretion when the kill isn't contradicted by the text above it. That's just my two cents.
former admin2
this looks like a fair slay to me he ided it then like half a sec after you shot him
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]