Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brown abusing
(03-21-2020, 07:43 PM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 07:33 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: I answered a little context question in discord so there’s that I suppose. 

But anyways in general shooting someone running around with a body is typically kosable. Not that I watched the video or knew any timing or anything. Can’t remember offhand if there’s actually a clause that people have to tell about id the body, but if the guys got a magneto stick he knows

there isn't a clause for it, but thats how i've dealt with reports in cases like this.
regardless, the scene for me was iffy, and i was dealing with other people at the time of this so i slayed him on the fact the body was ultimately id-ed before he shot.

i also want to say, that in the footnotes for unid-ed bodies, determining whether or not it was rdm is largely up to staff discretion.

You're not required to give a warning for someone carrying an unID'd body. Hell, you're not required to give a warning for anything concerning an unID'd body, you can literally kill someone for walking past one with 0 warning, the only thing that's required is for the person walking past the body to be able to see the body. It's common courtesy to give them a second or two, but it's not required.

Also, when there's something that's making you iffy about a slay in a death scene, you typically don't slay. In this specific case, slaying on the fact that the body was ID'd before the player was killed is not right. 

Looking at the video, I might be a little off here because meeemo has a shitty pc there's quite a bit of lag, but from the sound of it, Meeemo shot at the player (and likely KOSed him) as he turned the corner. At this point, it doesn't matter if the body is ID'd in the few seconds before the player's death, he's already done something KOSable (i.e. picking up an unID'd body and running with it without IDing it) and is being killed for it.

This situation is all about technicalities. Technically, meeemo was in the right to kill him.

edit: As Deadpool said, there's not really any abuse here. Just a mistake that cost you a round at the very worst.
Yeah this isn't abuse of powers. Laced put it best above. Meeemo was in the right to kos however he did ID the body. Accidents can happen. Abuse of power is not an accident(most of the time anyway) or a one-off misjudgment of a situation. This issue should have been resolved by another mod or admin before becoming a forum post if we're being honest.
[Image: b_560x95.png]