Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DICKENS
Point still exists that if players who try to troll the line get away with it over very minor technicalities they will continue to undermine the rules. Staff will become trapped by restrictive rules, the rules give the trolls a defense of “well this didn’t happen” or “I’m allowed to do this x times”, and eventually the behavior is normalized. Staff rules as intended that’s what the discretion is for.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Player has been banned for 5 days for spamming, trolling, and evading punishment.

@matt_st3 (Strongrule) you touch on a good point, I do not want staff being limited to just rules so that trolling/harassing players can maneuver around them. However, the point I was trying to make is that people are not wanting to kick anyone but wanting to go straight to a ban that someone else has to take care of. 

This would be fine maybe if it were a one time deal but I have seen it happen more than once recently. I do not like the idea of just going to a ban punishment but having staff just allowing things to slide while recording so that a ban can appear to be justified while refusing to act (or not knowing how to react) is not okay either. I realize some of it may have to do with inexperience and that improves with time. Sometimes going to a ban via staff discretion is also fine depending on the circumstances but that did not happen really either in this scenario. I could understand if it was one staff member as well because especially in Slasheronic's video, things got pretty chaotic and it would be difficult to keep track of or stay on top of things with only one staff member.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army