Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterworld too big?
So we got to be very active today when we encountered Waterworld. I heard so many people complain today that the map was way too big and there is no way that the murderer can win. I can beg to differ on this but there was a lot of complaints.
Wouldbe good to add  second Murderer into the mix. Pretty sure it was brought up last year but Dink said the main concern is TTT. I mean if he has free time that would be something great to add
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(04-05-2020, 06:21 AM)Wizard Wrote: Wouldbe good to add  second Murderer into the mix. Pretty sure it was brought up last year but Dink said the main concern is TTT. I mean if he has free time that would be something great to add

I’ve spoke to Dink about this and it’s something that is going to take time and code.
I think the map is fine. I was on with Dinkleberg while he added the two new maps and he gathered input from the few of us that were on there. My beginning concern was that the spawns are too close, meaning the murderer could just farm everyone off in the beginning of the round. This was the case for smaller groups, but with bigger groups it wasn't as much of a problem.
I wouldn't say that this map is too big at all, considering that the resort map is significantly bigger than the pool. The pool is just more open, which means the murderer could get sniped from across the map. 
As a whole I like the map. It requires the murderer to get a bit more crafty with what they're doing instead of just knifing everyone at the start. The map requires people to think more than the other maps as they're pretty exposed. 
Pool also gives the bystanders more of a chance to survive/run, unlike other maps where you get backed into a corner really easily. There is only 1 gun to start with after all.  There's a good amount of loot to gather for a gun which is nice.  Instead of having to hunt/farm the same area in a hope that the murderer doesn't get you before you can get a gun. 
So far I like the map. I too have heard many people get satly over the map. People will always complain about stuff not going their way. There's a lot of potential to the map, and I say keep it. 
Anyone complaining that the murderer can't win, try playing on the server when there's only 6 or less of you. When the few of us played with Dinkleberg, everyone died. It was definitely a challenge to survive.
This map is massive and I'm surprised it was added. Also, I feel like if you're going to add a second murderer, you might as well be playing ttt
Just need 2 Murderers for 2 maps 

Legocity / Waterpark
Ingame Names 
Resigned 
I sat there and thought about this for a moment but I think if we have two murderers we are going to need 2 detectives. The murderers could team up and hunt the one single gun. Maybe something to consider. 

EDIT:

We are getting bigger maps (waterworld) and this would a brilliant idea. "Also if we do this maybe consider making more slots.
2 detectives  ?? Sorry kinda does sound Like TTT for sure
Ingame Names 
Resigned 
Well I mean if you get two murderers running around killing people and they kill the person with the gun the murderer may camp the gun and the other may run around killing people. That wouldn't be too fun.
Adding an extra murderer/detective sounds extreme for accommodating one map. I honestly thing the best solution is removing Waterworld. I love it as a TTT map, but it just doesn't work for murder IMO.