Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Push spamming
So I was just playing on murder and was told that spamming e was not against the rules even though it pops up as a server message that spamming e is not allowed. Is it against the rules or not?
It doesn't seem to officially be on the rules list found HERE
I too have seen it pop up on server. Maybe add it into the rules list if it's going to be enforced. I've had people spam E on me and caused me to fall off buildings causing lots of damage or killing me. Another thing that should be added is to not throw popcorn at people as it does inflict damage to them. I have died several times to people throwing popcorn at me and honestly it is annoying. Especially since I can't fight back in any way.
1+ Have brought it up in the past similar  to the killbind 

Both should be offically added into rules at least so at least everyone knows
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
Closest thing this falls under is body/door blocking, but other than that, if it ain't in the rules, it SHOULDN'T be enforced
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(04-06-2020, 09:38 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Closest thing this falls under is body/door blocking, but other than that, if it ain't in the rules, it SHOULDN'T be enforced

Shouldnt ?? How come chief
Ingame Names 
Resigned 
(04-06-2020, 09:38 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Closest thing this falls under is body/door blocking, but other than that, if it ain't in the rules, it SHOULDN'T be enforced

My problem with it is it’s a server message and causes confusion
So possible additions to the rules could be things like:

RDM includes:
- Hitting people with popcorn which inflicts damage and possible death. 

Body/door blocking includes:
- Spamming E on a person to either prevent them from going somewhere or to push them off of a building/platform. 

I couldn't think of which rule to put Kill binding under. May have to be it's own? Over the past few days there's been one player in particular that will kill bind themselves when they're the murderer. Even in TAG. 
Though under the circumstances of a murderer kill binding themselves, they aren't robbing anyone of a kill/point besides themselves.
(04-06-2020, 10:19 PM)The Punisher Wrote: So possible additions to the rules could be things like:

RDM includes:

- Spamming E on a person to either prevent them from going somewhere or to push them off of a building/platform. 

I couldn't think of which rule to put Kill binding under. May have to be it's own? Over the past few days there's been one player in particular that will kill bind themselves when they're the murderer. Even in TAG. 
Though under the circumstances of a murderer kill binding themselves, they aren't robbing anyone of a kill/point besides themselves.
So what if someone kill binds only because they had a bet put on them?
(04-06-2020, 10:19 PM)The Punisher Wrote: So possible additions to the rules could be things like:

RDM includes:

17. Do not Rob Players of a Kill
This is unfair to players, and is no longer allowed. This include kill binding as a innocent to avoid a death by a Murderer. ( Unless you have good reasons and have spoken to staff ) .
  • This includes killing yourself by explosive barrels

• This includes killing yourself start of rounds

• This includes killing yourself if your the last one remaining.
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification
Warning 2: Verbal/Chat Notification
Punishment 1: Kick + 
Punishment 2: 24 hour ban
Punishment 3: 1 week ban

This was something I wrote last year
Ingame Names 
Resigned 
(04-06-2020, 10:22 PM)leftjupiter18 Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 10:19 PM)The Punisher Wrote: -cut-
So what if someone kill binds only because they had a bet put on them?

Then the person who bet on them loses points. The idea would be to prevent innocents form kill binding to prevent the murderer from gaining points/hindering the game mode.
(04-06-2020, 10:23 PM)Sharky Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 10:19 PM)The Punisher Wrote: -cut-

-cut- Over the past few days there's been one player in particular that will kill bind themselves when they're the murderer. Even in TAG. 

17. Do not Rob Players of a Kill
This is unfair to players, and is no longer allowed. This include kill binding as a innocent to avoid a death by a Murderer. ( Unless you have good reasons and have spoken to staff ) .
  • This includes killing yourself by explosive barrels
  • This includes killing yourself start of rounds
  • This includes killing yourself if you're the last one remaining.
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification
Warning 2: Verbal/Chat Notification
Punishment 1: Kick + 
Punishment 2: 24 hour ban
Punishment 3: 1 week ban

This was something I wrote last year

Seems reasonable of an addition.