Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Push spamming
(04-07-2020, 04:24 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 09:11 AM)Dinkleberg > Wrote: Leaning towards remove slap and disable throw on popcorn.

Guess it was fun while it lasted.

Should be able to edit the popcorn to not damage/push. 
But slap probably does either need to go or have some kind of rule on it off it’s being abused to get players killed.

Just today I had a guy push me off the roof on waterworld several times and told me that he would just keep doing it just because I didn’t die when he did it the first time. Same thing with popcorn but he had me down to half health.
(04-07-2020, 04:56 PM)leftjupiter18 Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 04:24 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 09:11 AM)Dinkleberg > Wrote: Leaning towards remove slap and disable throw on popcorn.

Should be able to edit the popcorn to not damage/push. 
But slap probably does either need to go or have some kind of rule on it off it’s being abused to get players killed.

Just today I had a guy push me off the roof on waterworld several times and told me that he would just keep doing it just because I didn’t die when he did it the first time. Same thing with popcorn but he had me down to half health.

on that snow castle map i get launched within 2 seconds half the time ngl
[Image: J6yUs0g]

Honestly if you did that it would be sad. No defense from the murderer as a bystander without a gun... Honestly people just need to stay away or stay off high ground if they have an issue with this.
(04-07-2020, 05:23 PM)§5Ginger Wrote:

Honestly if you did that it would be sad. No defense from the murderer as a bystander without a gun... Honestly people just need to stay away or stay off high ground if they have an issue with this.

Ok so hear me out on a few things.
1. Isn't the main purpose of the game mode that only the bystander with a special weapon can kill the murderer?
2. What about those that push off random bystanders? 
3. What about when you launch someone for fun and then the die from fall damage? 
Here are my ideas on how to fix this. Make rules on that killing someone by either pushing them off the roof as a sacrifice to the murderer or causing them to take fall damage that's severe or kills them be considered a form of rdm and put into the rules, or if it won't be against the rules just edit or remove the server message that says spamming e is not allowed and will be punished. When I started this thread I was thinking it would be a fairly simple fix and not turn into this. I never wanted anything to be removed, I enjoy being able to push someone a little bit but it just becomes excessive with spamming.
Removing push on murder would be like removing the magneto stick on ttt
(04-07-2020, 05:37 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: Removing push on murder would be like removing the magneto stick on ttt
I'm gonna get it removed now.
In my opinion the slap should stay, it's the only way we can defend ourselves against the murderer if we have no gun. Also the people that are complaining about it on the forums are people that do it themselves but when it's done to them it's all bad. It seems completely fair and it's what makes the game even more fun and gives us more to laugh about. A lot more people would like to have the slap than not. Thank you.
So i've been following this and I understand that pushing spam should be counted as trolling if it's happening repetitively. The essence of the popcorn swep and the pushing shouldn't be removed, if anything a a rule should be clarified not to push people and cause them damage, and just remove dmg on the popcorn when thrown. I've been on servers with the popcorn not doing any damage and it just being a funny item to have. (like in cinema servers with the popcorn.) In my opinion, the fun commands shouldn't be removed, the player base should be made known that they should stop being trolly little shits with "jokingly" pushing down people and if that person being pushed takes dmg, the person who pushed them should be responsible if they willingly knew that pushing said player would take damage. It literally can fall under attempted rdm, isn't there a rule on ttt that says after a certain amount of damage it's an attempted rdm?
(04-07-2020, 06:00 PM)BlessedFatal1ty Wrote: In my opinion the slap should stay, it's the only way we can defend ourselves against the murderer if we have no gun. Also the people that are complaining about it on the forums are people that do it themselves but when it's done to them it's all bad. It seems completely fair and it's what makes the game even more fun and gives us more to laugh about. A lot more people would like to have the slap than not. Thank you.

I don’t push people off of roofs so, also I just want a confirmation on a rule but apparently that counts as complaining now.
I would also like to add that most murder servers have the slap so why should dinkleberg get rid of it? It makes everything so much more fun. We have more to laugh about especially when people go flying. I rarely hear people complain and when they do most of us stop doing it.